Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 344 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever expansion is taking place it might be just a new attraction at JP and leave Jurassic World to a new park but we won’t know until later this year I guess. June 1st is construction time.

I would assume if this is happening, it'll be done via by two phases, with the first being JWRA next year, and the Trikes Replacement (along with other changes) for 2020.

If it's a coaster, I'd think they would have more reason for the project to be going through pre-work now than to just have it be a exposed steel/wooden Coaster.

Low-key guess, I wonder if they may be looking to rebuild the Discovery Center and surrounding area to try to act more like Jurassic Worlds Main Street.

Low-key guess, I wonder if they may be looking to rebuild the Discovery Center and surrounding area to try to act more like Jurassic Worlds Main Street.
Highly highly highly doubt that. With the new modern wood slat style shops, a movie theater and Margaritaville, CityWalk is already a fine JW main street as it is lol.

EDIT: OMG I know a great replacement for Emeril's! Winston's Steak House!

tumblr_inline_o9i77ozlEo1sypkn8_500.png

jurassic-world-eat-share.jpg

I’ll give up Jurassic Park in IOA , as long as I get a new Jurassic Park in the fourth gate along with a section with classics properties including but not limited to Back to the Future and Jaws.

Imagine a Back to the Future dark ride, along the lines of Indiana jones and dinosaur. That would blow my mind. Or even a Back to the Future roller coaster.

Reactions: Ryno27
Ok so Jurassic Park should be left as is and not transformed into jurassic world at IOA. After all we know this new space that they are calling it Project 791 could be just a new attraction possibly coaster and just will be kept as Jurassic Park area at IOA. I don’t know it would just seem weird to have both jurassic Park at IOA and JW over at a 3rd gate. Would the transformation to JW at IOA seem to difficult?

Highly highly highly doubt that. With the new modern wood slat style shops, a movie theater and Margaritaville, CityWalk is already a fine JW main street as it is lol.

EDIT: OMG I know a great replacement for Emeril's! Winston's Steak House!

View attachment 6718

View attachment 6719
LOL, That is true about City Walk for a JW main street. I would love to see Uni get a B&M launched wing coaster, with the trains designed like raptors. The que and station could be like the locked paddoks. Also, then if they did change JP to JW, they could use some kind of effect where the dinosaur communicates with the raptors & they escape but come back to help the T Rex to destroy the weird clone dinosaur (Sorry I forget its name, I am stuck on stuck today). BTW, i enjoy reading your post, I am new on here, finally stopped lurking, and started to post. I would like a nice like steak or cookout type restaurant in JP.

Reactions: Alicia
LOL, That is true about City Walk for a JW main street. I would love to see Uni get a B&M launched wing coaster, with the trains designed like raptors. The que and station could be like the locked paddoks. Also, then if they did change JP to JW, they could use some kind of effect where the dinosaur communicates with the raptors & they escape but come back to help the T Rex to destroy the weird clone dinosaur (Sorry I forget its name, I am stuck on stuck today). BTW, i enjoy reading your post, I am new on here, finally stopped lurking, and started to post. I would like a nice like steak or cookout type restaurant in JP.
Welcome to IU :thumbsup:

And she’s called Verizon Wireless Presents Indominus Rex.

Welcome to IU :thumbsup:

And she’s called Verizon Wireless Presents Indominus Rex.
LOL, Yeah now I forgot about that. And thanks I really enjoy this forum, everyone is like so laid back and I have not really seen a bunch of Drama or keyboard fights. I wonder if there was some way if JP did get changed to JW, if they would be able to have that big water dinosaur jump out at you as you splash down, like it was feeding time.

I wonder if there was some way if JP did get changed to JW, if they would be able to have that big water dinosaur jump out at you as you splash down, like it was feeding time.
Hollywood’s Jurassic Park Ride will be getting a mosasaur feeding scene on the ride. If/when it comes to our version of the ride its assumed we will get a similar scene.

Keep your eye on the bypass bridge.

giphy.gif

You can see many of the old walk around characters in this video. This was transferred from a VHS tape soon after the park opened.

Why...aren't most of these walk-arounds still a thing? They would add so much life to the park.
I know my IoA but I don't like walking around in wet clothing in the Florida humidity.
I think it's crazy that the only way to experience Jurassic Park, one of the most iconic movies of all time, is via water ride.
The point of that post was to point out that RA isn't really that wet of a ride, much drier than Popeye and Ripsaw.

Why...aren't most of these walk-arounds still a thing? They would add so much life to the park.

The point of that post was to point out that RA isn't really that wet of a ride, much drier than Popeye and Ripsaw.
Okay but anything is dryer than completely soaking wet. I've had semi dry rides and I've had way too wet rides. The point stands however, the only way to experience JP is a flume ride and some people don't like to get wet on rides.

Reactions: Steptwice
Okay but anything is dryer than completely soaking wet. I've had semi dry rides and I've had way too wet rides. The point stands however, the only way to experience JP is a flume ride and some people don't like to get wet on rides.
I'm just trying to say RA is one of the, if not the, driest water rides I've ever been on.

I once told a woman in line next to me that you don't get very wet on River Adventure. I got a few drops on my face. She walked off drenched completely head to toe. Last time I will ever say you don't get very wet on River Adventure. You really don't know. Splashes can be unpredictable.

Reminds me of Jaws. Most people didn't get wet. But sometimes in the final scene when the shark comes up and the boat tips toward him just right a tidal wave would flood the entire left side of the boat, everyone soaked 100% from the waist down. When I worked there, I reveled in those moments, hohahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.