Jurassic Park Refurbishment | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park Refurbishment

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 17, 2009
According to FLallday on Twitter and Samuele's blog, Jurassic Park River Adventure was down for refurbishment as of yesterday.

Does anyone have any more information on this?

Wonder if it is a big refurb that will require a couple months of time. I hope, at least, it is a BIG one that will clean up and fix many issues. Many a couple new AAs(asking for too much?).

Can't wait to hear more on this.

This is good news and I was hoping it would be next after Dudley. Makes sense. This is the last water ride of the park to get refurbed since Popeye got it in Jan. Its also very chilly/cold for water rides so all the more time to take advantage, and we all know it needed it badly.

On the plus side I had a friend mention recently how a stego was under tarp a few weeks ago being replaced/and or worked on and a few of the effects that are hardly ever working including sparking fence when entering the containment area and the fighting raptor shadows on the lift.

Very good news that they may be working hard after hours to get stuff right and this refurb should only bring good things. (personally I would not mind seeing those lap bar dividers go..those bother anyone else?)

What lap bar dividers? The last time I was on it, it was just a full lap bar all the way across, no divider.

And on Samule's blog it just said it was closed, not under refurbishments. It probabally was closed due to cold weather or somehing else.

FLallday said it was down for refurbishment. However it is not mentioned on Universal's website. I can't say it's weather because it was running when it was 30 back in December.

What lap bar dividers? The last time I was on it, it was just a full lap bar all the way across, no divider.

And on Samule's blog it just said it was closed, not under refurbishments. It probabally was closed due to cold weather or somehing else.

If you notice or look in some pictures, there are some small "notches" along the bottom of that full lap bar, even if they don't touch the seat and completely close you off from others.

Do you mean the red things in the middle ofeach section of black foam? When I ride it, it doesnt really "close me off" from others, but if it has changed in the last three months, I cant really fight this whole divider thing to the death. :saber:

They are sort of like pegs under each lap bar. If your row is ok with the lap bar not coming down too much it is not a bad experience but speaking from someone who is large and tall I can say that sometimes when a group has people who feel really insecure and pull it down as hard as they can and I am in the 'wrong' spot it can be quite uncomfortable on my knee or get scarily close to virtually kneeing me in the groin.

That's odd, I went on it in colder weather back in December. Thanks for the info, Disneyboi!

Unfortunatley, I was there with my 9 and 11 year old cousins. And there were high construction walls blocking the splash zone. So only two pics.

IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

Maybe something broke that made the ride unable for guest to ride and it is just down to fix that error.

That would certainly be a possibility and difficult to tell as of right now but what leads me to believe that is not the case is the fact that they have a temp gate already up around the entrance and an entire construction sight blocking wall along the splash zone and visible from guest area outside spots. That makes it certainly sound something more that was planned on fixing up a few things rather than a breakdown error that caused a temporary closure. That would be more of a greeter standing outside and letting people know it is currently down kind of thing.

That would certainly be a possibility and difficult to tell as of right now but what leads me to believe that is not the case is the fact that they have a temp gate already up around the entrance and an entire construction sight blocking wall along the splash zone and visible from guest area outside spots. That makes it certainly sound something more that was planned on fixing up a few things rather than a breakdown error that caused a temporary closure. That would be more of a greeter standing outside and letting people know it is currently down kind of thing.

Thank you! I totally agree. Why are so many people so against this being a refurb? I think the ride needs this kind of treatment.

Although, the weird thing is that today's park map dosn't show JPRA as closed, or even opening at a certain time.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, first post!

I was at IOA over the weekend and I noticed the water had been drained from the canal that the boat splashed down into. I meant to take a picture of this but I was kind of being pushed along by my girlfriend. I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet so I apologize if they have. I'm sure it probably is in need of a full refurb . Just a shame my first visit in many years and I wasn't able to enjoy it. :(