Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hah... yea sadly after having watched JP so many times, I sadly never noticed the flaw with Disneyland's opening year until watching the movie recently. It probably didn't register due to probably being amused with the following line about POTC lol

You know, I'm not even going to call this recent closure a "refurbishment". They plastered on a used Bandaid and called it a day. They didn't even replace the dinosaur skins, they just spray painted a few new colors, but it's the same old cracked and ripped skin, and they removed an effect, and didn't fix a few of the physical effects. Quite unfortunate....it keeps getting worse in my opinion. Lipstick on a pig is just that....

Reactions: Chris
Really bummed that they got rid of the electric fence effect. I'd like to think they're bringing it back at a later date, but that seems like wishful thinking on my part.
Got rid of the electric fence effect? Some part of me thinks that someone high up called it an 'uneccesary expense' and told them to take it down...shame. It really made the raptor fence come to life.

If they were smart, they would fast track a majoir refurb to start late in the Summer to next Spring or Summer. That would give people more an incentive to visit the lower lot when Potter opens. That would help balance things out. After all, next year will be the ride's 20th anniversary. Yes, you can argue that it wouldn't be wise becausae people would want to ride it after seeing the JW movie, but would you rather have that when it would be a pain next year when people will stay upstairs? Once Potter opens, they will have reached the point of no return and will need all the capacity they can get. This year would be a good time to get started on it, but we know that seems impractical.

Would they could do is maybe add an indoor themed queue, replace most of the dinosaurs with Garner Holt (T-Rex would have to stay but be readjusted som,ehow since it was a LOT of trouble to put in), fix the older effects, do a touch-up on the containment area and past, and then maybe add effects in the interior portion. I think if they really wanted to, they could get it done around Potter's opening.

I'm just typing this because I'm suffering from creativity from boredom. That, and the ride needs this desprately. It's just getting worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't think Jurassic Park will be getting its long overdue mega-refub until Universal shifts their focus to the Lower Lot entirely. The rumored attraction that replaces the Lower Lot's neighboring soundstages will likely be their incentive to give everything down there the attention it needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
We all just got to be patient. The movie is coming out soon and the summer crowds are coming as well. So I think if this ride were to shut down for a lenghty refurbishment and with the success of the new movie, It will have to be in the fall.

I'm a bit disappointed to read things are still the same since last I rode it. e__e

Hopefully what William thinks will be what will happen.

Reactions: William
I honestly don't think Jurassic Park will be getting its long overdue mega-refub until Universal shifts their focus to the Lower Lot entirely. The rumored attraction that replaces the Lower Lot's neighboring soundstages will likely be their incentive to give everything down there the attention it needs.
Exactly. Even though it's disappointing, in a way it's understandable. Their plate has been ridiculously full with other projects. Although in my eyes, they missed the boat big time, and here is the reason:

They could've made a bigger incentive for everyone to check out River Adventure. Tie it into the new movie, or at least heavily upgrade it to look new, and have guests be excited about it. It wouldn't increase capacity, but renewed interest in a completely refreshed ride would've been great to help with capacity and crowding issues in my opinion.

So instead of guests/repeat guests going "Let's ride Jurassic Park, I heard they totally updated it!", some might just say "let's just wait all day for Potter". I'm exaggerating but you get me.

But I 100% agree, after Potter, they'll put their focus on the Lower Lot. They didn't knock down Stage 28 for nothing ;) And even more will be knocked down if need be, which I absolutely think will happen.

Interesting news coming out of Jurassic World. I read a very interesting article on Jurassic World. One paragraph reads "Producer Frank Marshall told us that Universal Studios theme park is developing stuff that should be current with the movie when it’s finally released. The theme park was really curious about what they were doing; Marshall thinks they might be making a ride version of the gyrosphere for one of the theme parks as the theme park guys were very excited when they saw them on set." Here's the link, but beware, it's full of spoilers. I read some things that I wanted to be surprised with, so read with caution. The paragraph that I talk about is almost at the beginning of the article so you can read it in conext. 

http://www.slashfilm.com/jurassic-world-set-visit/

It technically makes sense to post here; but Auditions are now out or a Puppeter and a Dinosaur handler. The Audition informed a new interactive Dinosaur Meet & Greet experience.

I wonder if they'll just make it a "mobile" crate unit like in Singapore, and have the raptor appear into multiple locations with a handler, or if they'll finally take over the JP extended queue and build it there.

The Mobile Unit isn't coming as it even states that the puppeteer will stand puppeteering the Dino 6 times on Concrete every day. It also states for a Fitness assessment so that tells something. So it seems we might be losing the Overflow area for HHN after all if this is the case..I'd wonder though. How would this work? Would they just get Michael Curry, the man who did the Raptor designs for Orlando's recent Raptor Encounters to come over for Hollywood's.