Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The easiest way to cash in on Jurassic World would be refurbishing the existing ride with new audio anamotronics, new effects, and getting that final f*ckin' T-Rex to work properly!

As for the Gyrosphere idea; You can have many vehicles that are connected to a computer server with all the vehicles traveling in a virtual space. I was also thinking that an Indiana Jones style ride through the forest would be enjoyable. 

The easiest way to cash in on Jurassic World would be refurbishing the existing ride with new audio anamotronics, new effects, and getting that final f*ckin' T-Rex to work properly!

As for the Gyrosphere idea; You can have many vehicles that are connected to a computer server with all the vehicles traveling in a virtual space. I was also thinking that an Indiana Jones style ride through the forest would be enjoyable.
How long has the rex been having this problem?

Also wouldnt take too much effort for Blue!

The T-Rex has been having problems for a while. Probably like 2014 is started. The arm mechanism pushing it out is just so exhausted. I heard that you can also see the arm now.
In one of my recent rides on Jurassic Park The Ride, the T-Rex seems to not work.

I love the original Jurassic Park and River Adventure is my favorite theme park ride of all-time. With that being said, I would absolutely be okay with a Jurassic World update. In fact, I think I would be extremely excited. Imagine updating all the AAs and adding the I-Rex and Mosasaurus into the ride. You could also change the raptors in the ride to be Blue, Echo, Delta, and Charlie. You could re-do the line and integrate the newer characters of Owen, Claire, Hoskins, and Masrani while leaving in a "pre-recorded" spiel (one of the videos from the current wait) from John Hammond to pay homage. The basis of this ride could be that this is the only attraction from the old park that was revamped or it could make reference to the tragedy of the original river adventure (having to evacuate guests that nearly escaped from a T-rex).

As sad as it would be to see the old river adventure go, sometimes you've got to upgrade. Considering World will likely be the highest grossing film of all-time and anything involving Chris Pratt will be gigantic, it's time for the overhaul. It will ruffle some feathers, but as Hoskins said in JW "This is happening with or without you."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Alexshow.
The T-Rex has been having problems for a while. Probably like 2014 is started. The arm mechanism pushing it out is just so exhausted. I heard that you can also see the arm now. 
This has always bugged me... you can (i) see the T-Rex before he emerges from the waterfall and (ii) clearly make out his structural supports when he swings forward.  This has to be fixable with some lighting changes?

Apparently the whole ride is in total disrepair. Worse than we can actually see while riding it. The whole thing needs a major facelift... I mean, look how long the "falling jeep" has been broken. It saddens me because this ride is/was what water rides should strive to be like (just like Splash Mountain).

While the ride needs some serious downtime & an overhaul of maintenance in every area, well supposedly they don't have the ride blueprints anymore. Hence the ride being in the condition it is. Now see, I call BS on this because there should be a copy of the blueprints in the county records. Considering how much money Universal just raked in with Jurassic World, I'd expect that to be the fire their butts needed to wake up & realize people love this franchise still.

In regards to the upcoming Raptor Encounter photo-op... lets just hope our Raptor puppet/costume is better quality than what Orlando has. Ugh, that thing is terrible. My friend & I have named it "Derpy the Dinosaur". Although the real names of their two raptors are "Lucy" & "Ethel".

Funny thing; where the Raptor Encounter goes in the Lower lot, I wouldn't be surprised if Blue is used here instead of Orlandos.
Considering the vast amount of people I see on social media singing Blue's praises, they absolutely should do this.

SLIGHTLY off topic but.... Universal Japan seems to be confirmed on getting that Jurassic Park B&M Flyer through the Pteradon aviary! 

http://www.screamscape.com/html/universal_studios_japan.htm

CGvrsP0UkAEdSOh.jpg

can't wait to see what the JW box office has in store for USH!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn you Japan!!! Swiping IOA's never-built JP flying coaster! <_<  Well, I already needed to visit Japan to ride JAWS... guess this is one more reason. I was curious what their new ride was going to be. Surprised they're pulling from the shelved concepts & not going for something "new".

As for what USH will get... just watch, we'll get the other never-built JP attraction from IOA, the "HelicopTours"! Only it will be in 3D of course. Basically, Soarin' with Dinos... because we all know how thrilling Soarin' is at DCA! :rolleyes:

That'd be hilarious if Hollywood and especially Orlando got HelicopTours, based on a system similar to Soarin/Simpsons, especially since one of WDW's new Avatar rides is supposed to be similar to that. I wouldn't mind, to be honest.

Orlando is apparently getting "Soarin' hosted by Jimmy Fallon" as a replacement for Twister... only instead of using the Soarin' ride tech, its supposed to be a "motion-based platform" instead... eitherway, blah....

okay... back to JP.... Orlando can't get the originally planned HelicopTours due to a certain boy wizard... the JP expansion territory to the right of JPRA is where FJ & its extended queue sits. Just like their new KONG ride sits to the left of JPRA, where the originally planned "Jeep Safari" ride was to be built. Ironically, KONG will be a jeep ride... downside is, its KONG instead of JP themed... SIGH...

The last thing USH needs though is ANOTHER screen-based ride/attraction lol. Maybe we can get the one wooden coaster concept for JP called "Raptor Racers", give it a little makeover to be a RMC concept like Twisted Colossus and slap it down in the lower lot. I'm sure the neighbors would LOVE the noise :)

The Studio still has the big problem with Noise, especially when Transformers made it worse for the stages. And with an Avairy, it could still make a helluva field day for the Neighbors north. And also, Location wise, wouldn't make sense. Especially with the rumors of Nintendo (and I think a new project that has come up due to JWs success) going into the CSI area.