Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wouldn't like it, but I feel like this would increase the "fear factor" immensely if they can make a realistic animatronic... I mean, look at this video of JPTR from 1997... I would love to see them outdo how life-like the t-rex was....

So glad my video was well worth capturing the original operations of this incredible ride. It was a magical moment in the 90’s that will be hard to recapture.

I repeat:
:puke:

Also, lol at "New Ride". Never change USH marketing. Never change.
Marketing's job is pretty much to tell a bunch of white lies to make things sound better than they really are. But this isn't just Universal. Didn't Disney call Mission Breakout a "New Ride"?

Speaking of Mission Breakout, I’m reminded of the crap that got from theme park fans and how they’re responding to this.

A ride based on a cult TV show and cloned from the superior original gets replaced by a ride based on a recently beloved franchise? Disney needs to burn to the ground!

A ride based on one of the most famous films ever gets rethemed to an HIGHLY inferior sequel? Meh, it happens.

There are things in Europe that wouldn't fly in the US.

That, would be one.

Meanwhile, I love how they actually ripped off the Skull Island - Reign of Kong soundtrack (yes, music from Pangea is actually from the UOR attraction).

That, would be one.

Just curious, why do you say that? It probably wouldn't work at USH due to the sizeable plot of land needed, but maybe at a 2nd gate here or 4th gate at UOR. I imagine a 6-person ride vehicle would yield a relatively low rider capacity, but what if they used ride vehicles from Kilimanjaro Safaris at Animal Kingdom? In fact, it would be something similar to Kilimanjaro Safaris except instead of safari animals, there'd be dinosaurs.

Just curious, why do you say that? It probably wouldn't work at USH due to the sizeable plot of land needed, but maybe at a 2nd gate here or 4th gate at UOR. I imagine a 6-person ride vehicle would yield a relatively low rider capacity, but what if they used ride vehicles from Kilimanjaro Safaris at Animal Kingdom? In fact, it would be something similar to Kilimanjaro Safaris except instead of safari animals, there'd be dinosaurs.

It's more of an issue to where I would honestly think that Universal would not want to go into the entire can of worms in legalities that would bring, as an attraction, as Pangea let's people drive vehicles into that kind of environment.

That, would be one.

Meanwhile, I love how they actually ripped off the Skull Island - Reign of Kong soundtrack (yes, music from Pangea is actually from the UOR attraction).
Also, that freefall tower you see in the back that says "Hollywood Tower" is a rip-off of TOT also...

It's more of an issue to where I would honestly think that Universal would not want to go into the entire can of worms in legalities that would bring, as an attraction, as Pangea let's people drive vehicles into that kind of environment.

That part, I totally agree with you. When I first watched the video, I was thinking "Woah... They actually let the guests drive the vehicle? They better have some good insurance." With some of those off-road conditions, I could totally see a bunch of accidents waiting to happen.

Also, that freefall tower you see in the back that says "Hollywood Tower" is a rip-off of TOT also...

So that's where they moved SFMM's Free Fall ride to.

They actually rip off a little something from everywhere. Their entrance resembles USH with the archway and camera man statue. They have something called Fantasmik (Yes, that's with a "k") and Medieval Times to name a few.

So I got a new (old) shirt from the mid-9os back when this ride was "new"... Classic USH merch

This is what I will wear on the final day of operation..
Yv6O33d.jpg