Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I do wish that Universal would spend money refurbishing the dinosaurs. I do have hope though. 

This place on a hillside in the San Fernando Valley is slowly turning into a resort. It's only a matter of time before USH will have to pay attention to Mummy and JP. 

New on here but been following the forum for several months. 

I couldn't agree more about JP and it's long overdue full refurbishment of the ride because the experience isn't just the same with an apatosaurus with a oddly slanted neck greeting you at the entrance and the absence of the notorious jeep falling down the cliff, even a new detailed and realistic paint job on those dinosaurs can really work wonders. Right now is what anyone would call "Perfect Timing" with Jurassic World around the corner and I understand USH is working plenty of big projects but I'm still crossing my fingers that the attraction will get the attention that it needs once bigger projects are finished and settled in with the park.

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally I'd say that your suggestion would be a smart choice in some situations, but The Ride will always be popular and could use a refurb whether Jurassic World is popular or not. It doesn't have to be a tie-in (which I don't even want), I simply want updated effects and animatronics.

I agree USH will take full advantage of JW as the perfect way to make the ride relevant again. Doubt they would do anything too crazy though. Anyone see a Diabolus rex head replacing the T-rex in the first drop? I wonder if they have even considered replacing the jeep drop with a different effect since they notably been having plenty of problems with that stunt on the ride. Unless they happened to finally fix it with this recent refurbishment *fingers crossed*

As I've said before, Jurassic Park is a classic. It will always be popular and relevant, and it doesn't NEED a new movie to help it out. It wouldn't hurt and it'd be a good time to cross promote but it's not necessary. I don't wanna see the ride become Jurassic World, I just want to see updated effects, state of the art animatronics, additional all new dinosaurs from Jurassic World, and maybe some projection mapping effects.

Reactions: steve
I went to the park today...the ride was closed....so sad to see the sign at the front say 'Jurassic Park The Ride closed'.... well. All major theme parks have delays.