Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel like announcing the change at the event would be a monumentally bad idea. You gather, presumably, thousands of Jurassic Park fans into one place to celebrate the 25th anniversary of their beloved movie. Halfway through the event you tell them that the attraction based on the movie they have paid extra to celebrate is being removed? There'd be riots!

As much as I'd want to disagree, I think they're going to pull the 25th anniversary as a way to also market Fallen Kingdom, getting out merch.

I would think, if Jurassic World River Adventure is announced, it'll be done similarly to how Star Tours 2.0 was announced back in 09'

I don't care how old (or outdated) anyone thinks this ride is... it is a classic. But sadly, unlike Disney (for the most part.... RIP Tower of Terror.. today would've been your 14th anniversary), Universal doesn't care about nostalgia or memories when it comes to their park... Thanks Comcast..

Just look at Orlando's "JAWS" ride... Removed for more boy wizard. A ride based on a horror movie. One of their biggest movies in history.. For an IP they don't even own. :deadhorse:

So I'd hate to see JPRA be completely redone with JW.. Sure the park is tight on space, but thats kind of the reason its called a "creative" department. They actually need to be CREATIVE! :thud: Like Orlando, a JP/JW area needs more. One ride does not cut it. While Orlando does have Camp Jurassic, it doesn't exactly filled the void. And sadly part of their expansion land was overtaken by KONG 360 2.0... Unfortunately, I don't think we could ever have an outdoor coaster for JP unless it was in vein of Hippo. I wouldn't mind a flat ride or two. More photo-ops.. More dino photo-ops too..

Reactions: Ryno27
I don't care how old (or outdated) anyone thinks this ride is... it is a classic. But sadly, unlike Disney (for the most part.... RIP Tower of Terror.. today would've been your 14th anniversary), Universal doesn't care about nostalgia or memories when it comes to their park... Thanks Comcast..

Just look at Orlando's "JAWS" ride... Removed for more boy wizard. A ride based on a horror movie. One of their biggest movies in history.. For an IP they don't even own. :deadhorse:

So I'd hate to see JPRA be completely redone with JW.. Sure the park is tight on space, but thats kind of the reason its called a "creative" department. They actually need to be CREATIVE! :thud: Like Orlando, a JP/JW area needs more. One ride does not cut it. While Orlando does have Camp Jurassic, it doesn't exactly filled the void. And sadly part of their expansion land was overtaken by KONG 360 2.0... Unfortunately, I don't think we could ever have an outdoor coaster for JP unless it was in vein of Hippo. I wouldn't mind a flat ride or two. More photo-ops.. More dino photo-ops too..

Mind it be reminded that it sounds like a new attraction for JW is in the works for Orlando. Atleast, as how it seems by some people over on the Orlando side of the forums.

There are also rumors of Orlando's getting something similar for a renovation of their River Adventure.

That said, and this is my outlook, Hollywood needs a beefy shakeup, as the attraction is aging badly. I'd much rather want to see it become JW themed, rather than seeing it suffer more and more, with more things getting worse in shape.

And to be blunt, I'd rather want SS22-25 be used for something more unique to Hollywood, than just more Jurassic taking that spot.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Dhdhddh
That said, and this is my outlook, Hollywood needs a beefy shakeup, as the attraction is aging badly. I'd much rather want to see it become JW themed, rather than seeing it suffer more and more, with more things getting worse in shape.

Yeah, while I'm a big fan of the 1993 Jurassic Park movie, it looks really bad, especially the falling jeep being out of audio and with many fans criticizing how Universal handle the JP ride. It looks unbearable and painstakingly obvious to many when compared to the old days. Just look at the recent video by Dailywoo for example.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

And to be blunt, I'd rather want SS22-25 be used for something more unique to Hollywood, than just more Jurassic taking that spot.
Why would JPRA in its current form need to suffer? All it needs is a legit renovation & technical upgrade. Universal is certainly NOT hurting in the financial department. They can easily keep it the same while adding small enhancements here/there to the existing scenes to amp it up more. Besides, if Disney can enhance & upgrade existing MUCH MUCH OLDER rides (Haunted Mansion, Pirates, etc), without completely changing the original ride entirely... then Universal can and should too.

You can't have a future if you don't have a past. Sadly Comcast is taking a :poop: on Universal's legacy.

There is PLENTY of space where those old soundstages existed to have something unique to Hollywood, but also expand JP's presence. I mean come on, if DM can have a ride, a flat ride, and a waste-of-space wet/dry playground... then JP can have more too (i mean, it already has the stupid playground :rolleyes:).. While we're at it, can we please get some Chilean Sea Bass as a food option???? :look:

Why would JPRA in its current form need to suffer? All it needs is a legit renovation & technical upgrade. Universal is certainly NOT hurting in the financial department. They can easily keep it the same while adding small enhancements here/there to the existing scenes to amp it up more. Besides, if Disney can enhance & upgrade existing MUCH MUCH OLDER rides (Haunted Mansion, Pirates, etc), without completely changing the original ride entirely... then Universal can and should too.

You can't have a future if you don't have a past. Sadly Comcast is taking a :poop: on Universal's legacy.

There is PLENTY of space where those old soundstages existed to have something unique to Hollywood, but also expand JP's presence. I mean come on, if DM can have a ride, a flat ride, and a waste-of-space wet/dry playground... then JP can have more too (i mean, it already has the stupid playground :rolleyes:).. While we're at it, can we please get some Chilean Sea Bass as a food option???? :look:

Sometimes in order to thrive, things must first evolve. Change is inevitable, as nothing in life lasts forever. Life cannot be contained; it breaks free. Life finds a way......

Sometimes in order to thrive, things must first evolve. Change is inevitable, as nothing in life lasts forever. Life cannot be contained; it breaks free. Life finds a way......
Hfv0Wgr.gif

The company that made all of the animatronics and the falling jeep got bankrupt, and Comcast/Universal doesn't have a real actual replacement so they just keep the way things are. That and it's obvious to guests and fans that the animatronics have yet to be fixed as well as the falling jeep not working anymore adds more embarrassment to Universal Hollywood. This really cannot go on as long it exists, meaning that animatronics needs to be placed in a certain way they would not malfunction all the time. The demolished sound stages are supposed to be expanding for other projects not just for one big immersive JP ride. So as bad as it sounds, I welcome the changes that JW might bring, especially the change of scenery to accommodate the animatronics and the story.

Last edited:
To also say this, with especially how land-locked the Lower Lot is, when you especially consider studio work going on, there's more sense to bring in something that can help flesh out Universal Hollywood more.

I love the Jurassic Park films (excluding 3), but that I think more for Jurassic, may be possibly over-kill.

If the renovation is 9 months, that may give enough time for a Timber Mountain Log Ride style renovation, updating all the animatronics, adding new effects, and making changes that help benefit the ride more than previously, and ensuring that River Adventure can live an even longer life than it has been so-far.

It'd also help benefit them to make infrastructural changes to the attraction as-well, giving it more breathing room as an attraction, especially with how it's queue seems to be somewhat problematic at times.

Just my own taste into this. I think it'd be an great opportunity on many levels. Cosmetic, and future-proof wise.

I'm glad to say that being an avid amusement park/ coaster enthusiast, If this "rumor" does come true, this will be the most excited that iIve been for a ride in a long time. And that's saying a lot... (We've had some great coasters open up in the industry this year and in the past few years....) I cannot wait to see what they will do with it!

I hope that they make the indoor portion even more dramatic and scary than it is in its current state....

Reactions: Delta
Whatever they do, I just hope that the indoor portion is even more dramatic and intense than it is right in its current state...

One thing I somewhat hope, is that they take a leaf from Orlando and enclose the scene after the Jeep fall (which I don't see staying).

They keep the Dilophosaurus in there, but updated to be more smooth and fluid.

After that, the indoor portion gets a large change, that while animatronics are used, projection mapping would be incorporated into scenes, including the likes of the Indoraptor and T-Rex.

The Indoraptor is seen in the lift hill, the I-Rex replaces the first T-Rex, and the T-Rex stays.

That said, that's my hopes and not something I've heard.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Pk3062
One thing I somewhat hope, is that they take a leaf from Orlando and enclose the scene after the Jeep fall (which I don't see staying).

They keep the Dilophosaurus in there, but updated to be more smooth and fluid.

After that, the indoor portion gets a large change, that while animatronics are used, projection mapping would be incorporated into scenes, including the likes of the Indoraptor and T-Rex.

The Indoraptor is seen in the lift hill, the I-Rex replaces the first T-Rex, and the T-Rex stays.

That said, that's my hopes and not something I've heard.
I don’t see them replacing the T-Rex for The I-Rex as they had to use a helicopter to put that thing in. Maybe they could rebuild it using the same structure from the original.

The company that made all of the animatronics and the falling jeep got bankrupt, and Comcast/Universal doesn't have a real actual replacement so they just keep the way things are.
I'm well aware of the company having gone bankrupt, that is absolutely no excuse whatsoever. And to actually let that pathetic excuse to be accepted is just as bad. There are plenty of companies out there that Universal can have come in and FIX everything. And by fix, i mean redo it all, so that things can still function 10+ years later.. Here's the thing, if they can change the ride entirely with new crap, they can certainly get someone to restore the original to its former glory.

And having a 2nd JP ride of some kind would not be excessive. You want excessive, just look at how many screen-based attractions are within the park. That's excessive. and has even taken over the studio tour as well with KONG/Supercharged.

I'm well aware of the company having gone bankrupt, that is absolutely no excuse whatsoever. And to actually let that pathetic excuse to be accepted is just as bad. There are plenty of companies out there that Universal can have come in and FIX everything. And by fix, i mean redo it all, so that things can still function 10+ years later.. Here's the thing, if they can change the ride entirely with new crap, they can certainly get someone to restore the original to its former glory.

And having a 2nd JP ride of some kind would not be excessive. You want excessive, just look at how many screen-based attractions are within the park. That's excessive. and has even taken over the studio tour as well with KONG/Supercharged.

Would now be the right time that Kong and Drupercharged are only smaller pieces to a 40-60 minute attraction, that includes practical elements like Jaws, Earthquake, Flash Flood, and Jurassic? No? Perhaps that's just me.

And also, it isn't like you are immediately going to Kong and Supercharged in succession.

__

To get back to Jurassic, Universal has been negligent on the quality of the attraction for years. With replacing animatronics, I'd wager it's much more complicated than Alt/Backspace and CRTL/V.

We are dealing with animatronics, rusty animatronics, that while have had touch ups, haven't had serious R&D that enhances the quality of the animatronics. And the largest refurbishment, if I'm not mistaken, placed itself mainly on the re tracking process for Hollywood, which took months.

It's also not like they can easily remove an AA during operation and keep the ride going, without making it look tacked on in the process either.

I would imagine the project, especially if it's going to take 9 months, will not be a standard refurbish, and will gut portions and sections of the attraction, to change them to make it more accessible on a technical front. And that I would imagine, it's going to cost more money than a simple refurbishment can ever do to that attraction.

Should it of happened sooner? Yes! But that it's happening now, and it's finally going to take care of one of the park's biggest attractions.

__

And to get onto the level of a 2nd attraction, I have asked a few people on their outlooks, and in whether they'd want more Jurassic or something unique on SS22-25, guess what they picked.

I just don't see there being any benefit to Jurassic getting a second attraction at Hollywood, especially to where there are more things that they can do that can make them stand out.

Reactions: Delta
We still are unsure how "Jurassic World" they are going to make it.

It could be just the name and aesthetic change.

BUT I get it - I know a lot of people would hate if the I-Rex replaced the T-Rex before the drop.

I'd be okay with replacing the T-Rex's head in the hole for the I-Rex (and if this comes to IoA maybe replacing the ridiculous claw scratch effect with an I-Rex), but yea not replacing the main T-Rex