Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 116 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been so dead at the parks after 5pm lately, if universal waits longer for this to open it might be a slow summer for universal

Forgot to mention this, but earlier I was emailed about Universal doing a fourth of July celebration with fireworks that night. Guess that rules out the ride opening on that same day, but it'd be such a pleasant surprise if softs begin on that very day.

Why does that rule out the ride being open? Makes no sense.

Its been so dead at the parks after 5pm lately, if universal waits longer for this to open it might be a slow summer for universal
Funny you mentioned that! I'm coming from North of Universal so I have been making all of my trips there lately after 3PM. I miss traffic both ways, and the park is wonderful. Walked on tram and mummy a few days ago. Makes for a great trip haha

Hi guys - here at the park today. There have been a few execs riding the boats mixed in with water dummies. I did see that creative director (one in vid) here with a few folks going in. Also saw a female manager open the steel gates inside the store where the boats let out. When asking everyone, same story...no idea, blah blah. At the bar I saw a few members wearing green “Opening Team” shirts ordering a bunch of cocktails for VIPs who were inside.

Part of me (the hopeful side) thinks they “may” do a soft today or tomorrow - it feels too ready for this to be just testing. Will head back down later today to see if anything has changed. They also have people tending to the front of the line entrance with umbrellas at station.

Cheers

Hi guys - here at the park today. There have been a few execs riding the boats mixed in with water dummies. I did see that creative director (one in vid) here with a few folks going in. Also saw a female manager open the steel gates inside the store where the boats let out. When asking everyone, same story...no idea, blah blah. At the bar I saw a few members wearing green “Opening Team” shirts ordering a bunch of cocktails for VIPs who were inside.

Part of me (the hopeful side) thinks they “may” do a soft today or tomorrow - it feels too ready for this to be just testing. Will head back down later today to see if anything has changed. They also have people tending to the front of the line entrance with umbrellas at station.

Cheers

I don't really have the confidence in that. It's the end of June and towards July, and they need to announce the date ahead of time, so people can have time to prepare, especially those who wants to see the opening day of the attraction. Maybe a soft date for July 8th, then we'll probably move on from there.

Reactions: Dhdhddh and Adam RG
Thanks!!

Cheers

I don’t think you’re wrong but something is up today. Whether it’s all for VIPs or not, having everything stationed and live is something. I get the testing but this feels excessive.

Cheers

Ok, this is starting to get out of hand. At some point, you have to stop teasing and actually be confident enough in your project to set a deadline. Does anyone have any ideas/theories on why Universal may be so cautious in announcing a release date for Jurassic World?

As in lines or technical difficulties? I guess it's on me for not really looking it up, but I feel like it could be prone to either one, especially if they don't do Unviersal Express, since if I heard right, Hagrid had no such thing at opening and as a result that's why wait times hit capacity so quickly

As in lines or technical difficulties? I guess it's on me for not really looking it up, but I feel like it could be prone to either one, especially if they don't do Unviersal Express, since if I heard right, Hagrid had no such thing at opening and as a result that's why wait times hit capacity so quickly
Hagrid ran out of time for testing, and could've used more. Looks like with Jurassic World they're getting lots of testing done before locking themselves into a date.

Status
Not open for further replies.