Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no changes to the queue.
My understanding is that very little will change in the queue. The far extended queue will be shrunk slightly in order to fit in a new loading dock, replacing the one at the end of Jurassic Alley which will be/has heen removed for SNW. Other than that, though, no changes.

My understanding is that very little will change in the queue. The far extended queue will be shrunk slightly in order to fit in a new loading dock, replacing the one at the end of Jurassic Alley which will be/has heen removed for SNW. Other than that, though, no changes.
That’s disappointing. I was hoping they would enclose it to give an more immersive queue.

Reactions: alias8703
That appears to be scaffolding to allow the workers to finish the work around the beams. I have a feeling it’s going to end up just like the section before it and will get wrapped in DensGlass and finished with concrete.

Bingo, I would not be shocked if it's more of that they're trying to cover up the inside portion for right now from photographers.

When you look at the exposed steel, it seems they are preparing for the next movement.

A few from today 1/3/2019 -
The top definitely looks like temporary scaffolding to work on the beams. Also there was wire mesh frames sitting outside the show building that look like forms for new [hastag] rock work. Also workers working on slashdown area and the waterfall.
Fk5wtmA.jpg

7cTdfxo.jpg

0i3t0uh.jpg

kbKKAZq.jpg

8sib6R2.jpg

is this going to be fast and furious on a boat now? Not liking what I'm seeing here. Hope I'm wrong.

Same. However, it seemed like riders could see parking garages and other nearby buildings and thus enclosing it would enable UNI to block that. Then, with some high-def projections/screens, they could immerse you into a jungle setting more effectively. I will confess that I love the JPRA in Orlando much more and would not want it to get this same treatment.

Reactions: alias8703
I will confess that I love the JPRA in Orlando much more and would not want it to get this same treatment.

So do I, but I really think it's too early to pass judgement on this yet. If it blows everyone away and reinvigorates the ride then you may want to see it in Florida too!

I'm starting to feel pretty confident with this overhaul now.
Was this scheduled to re-open in Summer? They have Disneyland's Samsung Galaxy's Edge to compete with.
If they end up enclosing this entire building, which it looks like they are. I agree that this is probably for the best.
You need a showbuilding to protect the mechanics of the Dinos, make realistic lighting, effects, etc. In a building you can precisely control so much more.
The sun isn't a factor so making scenes lit exactly where you want them, smells, fog, is much easier. Uni has made some smarter decisions lately, their actively competing with Disney now I've noticed.

I'm starting to feel pretty confident with this overhaul now.
Was this scheduled to re-open in Summer? They have Disneyland's Samsung Galaxy's Edge to compete with.
If they end up enclosing this entire building, which it looks like they are. I agree that this is probably for the best.
You need a showbuilding to protect the mechanics of the Dinos, make realistic lighting, effects, etc. In a building you can precisely control so much more.
The sun isn't a factor so making scenes lit exactly where you want them, smells, fog, is much easier. Uni has made some smarter decisions lately, their actively competing with Disney now I've noticed.

It's slated for a 2019 debut. That said, it should be up by presumably Late May/Early June at the earliest.

Who knows, maybe perhaps they don't want to compete with Galaxy's Edge, and open it when the best time is right?

One of my favorite effects in the entire park is right at the beginning of King Kong: 360-3D, you get a blast of air that smells like rich soil and jungle. I grew up in a heavily wooded area and the smell is just perfect. The effect is so subtle, but is instantly transporting. It would be awesome to get something similar in Jurassic World..

One of my favorite effects in the entire park is right at the beginning of King Kong: 360-3D, you get a blast of air that smells like rich soil and jungle. I grew up in a heavily wooded area and the smell is just perfect. The effect is so subtle, but is instantly transporting. It would be awesome to get something similar in Jurassic World..

No ur getting the smell of "SCRRENZ" and thats that :)

Once POVs start coming out, Orlando fanboys are going to be begging for the Jurassic World overhaul.

I guess that we'll see what happens. It could turn out to be one of those moments where openness will compare against closed-in sets. Obviously, if done right, the screens can be used to simulate a beautiful setting.

Watching the video, and it doesn't look blue.

It seems they are using a grey primer, and now they are beginning to be painting the actual building with a light white color. You can somewhat see it with one of the edges.

upload_2019-1-7_8-17-14.png

A personal guess, if you will:

The white that's being added, is another primer coat, and then they will begin working on a coat that is of two-base colors. Both in the grey's, similar to that of Orlando and Osaka's showbuilding.

Status
Not open for further replies.