Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
but what if that does happen though. 10/10 ride in my book!
I agree. The concept and all is a 10. It's a classic, but the upkeep was horrible. And I really fear what uni will do with this totally Animatronics ride. I fear they will shoehorn something and contortion everything to fit in sake of corporate synergy.

The ride may be in bad shape, but considering Hollywood's is the superior version, all they needed to do is a major refurb to bring it back in good shape.

However with what they're doing, there is a chance it'll be a downgrade of what it once was. An' considering the attractions in Flordia which have been downgraded/replaced with inferior versions... (Alien Encounter to SGE, SSE, Imagination etc.), I can't blame the Florida folks for being skeptical. An' this is not like DCA's ToT to Mission: Breakout, for that was a inferior version of a ride getting turned into something that works. Once again, HW's JP is the superior version, so there's a chance it could get brought down rather then improved.
Agreed. Plus, we have the example of retrofitting a previous attraction to fit a new IP and leaving a very inferior product (I am looking at you Minion Mayhem). We thought that with the work they put in Wizarding World they wouldn't let something like Minion Mayhem slip through, and there it is. I am really worried. Plus I really hated the new movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get Jeff Goldblum or Pratt

I want an animatronic of Jeff Goldblum telling us that life finds a way

I'd rather have this as a photo op:

giphy.gif

If JW ride does contain some screens, I really hope it's used as the last resort in case something relating to a practical effect. Just take a look at the GOTG ride back up plan when they have to show the Rocket screen clip in case the Rocket animatronics keeps breaking down.

That's interesting, I've never seen that before.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Cheezbat
One way i can see them adding the Mosasaur to the ride is in the lift hill. The current show building becomes the Mosasaur containment building. The lift hill is surrounded by a screen like Space Mountain. You see the Mosasaur swiming above and around you as you travle up the lift. When you approach the top of the lift the Mosasaur bumps or lunges at the boat causing the tank to crack. The boat then drops off the lift and into the building were you now have to find a way to escape the building that is now starting to flood.

Super excited about the potential of this, hope it's fully funded and not a cheap overlay. The storyline sounds good - upgrades to the original but still got the T rex in there which was what I was most concerned about loosing.

Calling this a 'new ride' is pathetic though, sure call it 'New' but it's not a new ride.

Read through everyone's views but not sure the below has been raised yet?
  1. What do you think will happen to the Raptor enclosure/Dilophosourus section?
  2. What about the shop/cafe? Jurassic World main street upgrades?
  3. Jurassic World River Adventure? Jurassic World the ride or just Jurassic World?

Reactions: alias8703
I love how the Florida folks are super cynical about it. C’mon, this ride is in REALLY bad shape. This will be an improvement. It’s not like Vin Diesel is going to pop out of the waterfall yelling “hit the nitrix!” While holding onto a toy helicopter.

I'm cynical because 9 out of 10 times an original attraction gets "revamped or rebooted" its for the worse.

Shoe horning a new story in an existing ride rarely works.

Also, it's likely this will come to Florida.

Reactions: JungleSkip
This might be the first time I'm completely capable of keeping my expectation lowwww. Which sucks because its one of my favorite rides that I thought could of always been better.

All I expect is modest re-branding and the addition of a IndoRex AA right before the existing rex.

The mosasaurus scene is the only real topic of discussion for a new addition, but man if they go screen route.....what an efffing shame.

This ride is the one of very very few that doesn't inveigle screens. keep it that way!

Super excited about the potential of this, hope it's fully funded and not a cheap overlay. The storyline sounds good - upgrades to the original but still got the T rex in there which was what I was most concerned about loosing.

Calling this a 'new ride' is pathetic though, sure call it 'New' but it's not a new ride.

Read through everyone's views but not sure the below has been raised yet?
  1. What do you think will happen to the Raptor enclosure/Dilophosourus section?
  2. What about the shop/cafe? Jurassic World main street upgrades?
  3. Jurassic World River Adventure? Jurassic World the ride or just Jurassic World?

1: I'm curious about the Raptor Enclosure, as I could actually see that go for the I-Rex Enclosure, but with it broken and with roars in the distance. The Dilos, is something to think about.

2: It was mentioned in PR material, that Jurassic Cafe and Jurassic Outfitters will be closing alongside JPTR and will come back once Jurassic World makes it's debut.

3: I'm hoping for Jurassic World River Adventure, but that's just my opinion.

I'm cynical because 9 out of 10 times an original attraction gets "revamped or rebooted" its for the worse.

I would say an outlier is Mission Breakout, and say what we will about the facade, it does seem to surprise people more than make people angry.

Also, it's likely this will come to Florida.

Idk if I’d call this a “shoehorning a new story.”

Reactions: Ryan
I just can’t get excited for this. I’ve read all the arguments for this. I completely understand them. I still have to disagree. This is just my opinion.

Jurassic Park is one of the most beloved films of all time. All of the sequels, especially JW, aren’t as well regarded and aren’t as memorable as the first, and that has nothing to do with “the first is always the best”. I’ve seen JW twice and I still can’t remember much from it. Granted this is my opinion but I can’t see how, even fans of the film, would say it’s fine to replace the original with JW. Imagine if they replaced the original Star Tours and have it only be about the prequels, then you’d understand my feelings here.

The ride desperately needed an upgrade, especially the animatronics, I won’t deny that, but JW’s color scheme is just so ugly to me. It was already weak enough when they replaced the dinosaur skins to make them look more like JW but to have that be a reference to what the rest of this will look like will just be disappointing, especially if they will add screens to this, which could work, I guess, since that Shanghai Pirates ride looks pretty cool but I doubt they can integrate them well here but admittedly, we’ll see.

But hey, I could be wrong and look like a fool. I still have the right to be skeptical. If it’s good, it’s good. I’m just surprised there’s not much uproar over this like for Mission Breakout.

A ride based on a cult TV show and cloned from the superior original gets replaced by a ride based on a recently beloved franchise? Disney needs to burn to the ground!

A ride based on one of the most famous films ever gets rethemed to an HIGHLY inferior sequel? Meh, it happens.

Just my &0.02

Jurassic World is gonna blow all your minds I know that for a fact! Yes Jurassic Park was great when it was at its prime but Jurassic World will be 10x better and Forsure be one of the top rides at the park!

Jurassic World is gonna blow all your minds I know that for a fact! Yes Jurassic Park was great when it was at its prime but Jurassic World will be 10x better and Forsure be one of the top rides at the park!

How do you know?

That's not necessary true.

The vibe I got from one of my friends, while happy, thinks that Universal will screw it up in some way. And I'm more afraid of what they may do with the indoor portion as opposed to the outdoor section.

I do think it has potential, and that I am excited for it, but I don't know what to expect for the indoor portion.

I only remember universal praise for JW when it opened, and now I see people on here are severely against the movie. What happened?

It made buttloads of money and the GP loved it... and I assume the sequel will be just as big.

I only remember universal praise for JW when it opened, and now I see people on here are severely against the movie. What happened?

It made buttloads of money and the GP loved it... and I assume the sequel will be just as big.

Agreed. I loved the original and I liked Jurassic World a lot. It's never going to be as good as the original because that was a game changer and no one had seen anything like it before. I still enjoyed it and look forward to seeing the sequel.

The only thing I'd say about Jurassic World is I'd have liked it to feel more 'real' than the CGI showed. Real animatronics add so much.

Agreed. I loved the original and I liked Jurassic World a lot. It's never going to be as good as the original because that was a game changer and no one had seen anything like it before. I still enjoyed it and look forward to seeing the sequel.

The only thing I'd say about Jurassic World is I'd have liked it to feel more 'real' than the CGI showed. Real animatronics add so much.

I thought they found a good blend of both in the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.