Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second lift?

I'm curious about that, as I could see the raptors stay (with new AA's), and that they can explain it as simply as that the Raptors are communicating with the I-Rex, hence why they are trying to attack us.
I think the tunnel is the most likely place for screens. I don’t know what would be in them though.

With the reception to Fast and Furious and the overall reception to Universals screen ride stretch. I wouldn't be surprised and hope if there are no screens in this attraction. Maybe one to provide depth to a scene.

But if there is one ride within Universal that earns the right to be screen free its this one. Ever since I was little I went to theme parks to see characters and dinosaurs brought to life, I'm not going to see them on a screen...

Do you think they'll keep the waterfall hiding the T-Rex (possibly now I-Rex....)? It's unique to Hollywood's version and adds to the intensity of the indoor portion....

Too bright in that little tunnel for screens. I wouldn't anticipate many.

But lol that teaser. There's a short segment where it looks like raptors attacking the tram tour. Yes, make them think it's another tram attraction, brilliant thinking USH marketing as always.
Couldn't they do low brightness screens, like on the Nighttime Tram Tour?

Side note: Is that still a thing?

I wonder how they will make this unique from the regular Jurassic Park ride? Probably better animatronics? Looking forward to it though!

I'm sure this is highly unlikely, but it would be awesome if they left the indoor portion open for a Halloween overlay for HHN just like in Guardians. They can have some gruesome effects on the screenz. Don't get me started on the music.

DINOS AFTER DAAAARK! DINOS AFTER DAAARK! *Guitar solo*

Most likely, as she'll be "saving the day" from the I-Rex.
So the T-Rex will come out from behind the waterfall and then do what? It can't be the same sequence as the current version where it picks its head up and tries to eat the riders... I'm very curious to see how the T-Rex will "save" the boat from the I-Rex if T-Rex 2 is remaining in its current position....

Last edited:
My only concern is, while its not Star Wars or anything Jurassic Park does 10000% have its own architectural style/look and feel. Its unique. You see it and go that JP.

Jurassic World as presented in the film looks like a very nice slightly future maybe, very typical modern greys and whites, outdoor shopping mall. Honestly visually it could be anything or anywhere...

My only concern is, while its not Star Wars or anything Jurassic Park does 10000% have its own architectural style/look and feel. Its unique. You see it and go that JP.

Jurassic World as presented in the film looks like a very nice slightly future maybe, very typical modern greys and whites, outdoor shopping mall. Honestly visually it could be anything or anywhere...

This 100 percent.

What I consider my practical hope is the first lagoon scene is enlarged a bit on the right side (where there is room to expand) and they install a animatronic mosasaurus scene. While it would be large, the mechanics of such a AA would be too complex. You really only need a lift to blast out of the water and jaws to snap shut. Maybe a falling splash to drench the raft! Just an updated Jaws AA really.

If this scene is done via screen......heavy sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.