Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels more like they’re theming it based on the marketing materials for the film than the actual set design in the film. This is why I wish Universal treated their own properties as well as the do things like Potter. Not saying the new JW redo won’t be great, it looks really fun, I just wish we could get screen accurate recreations of Jurassic things like we do for Potter.

Discovery Center at IOA was probably the closest we ever came.

I so want a Innovation Center replica from JW..

I like that they're painting most if it grey with some brown accents here and there. It seems like the park had no choice but to change the color of everything or else it would have looked too similar to the color scheme that was there before.
I like it, too. There's a good mix of color schemes of World and Park with the grey and brown/taupe. Plus, it's probably a month away from opening, so I guarantee there will be more colors.

I so want a Innovation Center replica from JW..

That would have been my dream too.

It could have gone at the end of the street and just like Springfield/Hoggsmead it could have backed onto SNW. Didn't even have to be the full thing, I'd have been content with a 3D replica.

I guess though, that this area of Jurassic World is not supposed to be main street from the movie, so it wouldn't necessarily make sense.

So just a thought, looking at my gold pass blackout dates June 22-30 are blacked out. The reasons I'm coming up with these being blacked out is A) JW and dark arts is opening the same day or B) this is the 2 days before star wars opens to the public with no reservations.

I hope there's a passholder preview around that time, since they did that for Dreamworks Theater last year, and the dates you could pick worked if your pass was blocked out on that day.

Maybe after this is done, Orlando can clear up some space for a full blown main Street replica.
I like what they did for this tho. It looks like it would belong in the film in some areas of the park.

I keep hearing that a soft opening may occur on June 3?
That sounds extremely plausible.
Honestly, only thing waiting on now is the work to be done in the front of the ride and even that is nearing completion. Just waiting on the food stands, painting on outfitters and cafe, and the finishing work on Raptor Encounter. I haven't seen any work on the ride which is usually a good sign. I think there may still be some temporary safety fences though such as the one in the 1st scene but those are easily removed.

My OCD is killing me with them not putting in all the blue tarp in the upstairs/outdoor area above the gift shop, yet it's finished above the restaurant.

In that Island Nu Bar, they should have a trex as the DJ and they should call it DJ Rex and sell t shirts and stuff. :look:

61Kgu4iHw4L._UX385_.jpg

Wait, so will Isla Nu-Bar actually be a bar, or are they just giving that concession stand an updated name? I was confused before—I thought it was located on the second level (above the old Jurassic Cafe) and was something that they built brand new. (Kinda dumb of me, in retrospect, lol)

My first thought when I heard about the location was that it would heavily congest that area. I mean, you already have the archway, café entrance, store entrance and pathway to the restrooms. Now they're adding a bar in the middle of all that?

Status
Not open for further replies.