Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
agree, yet disagree. Everybody is wrapped up in universal getting a lot of marketing in before this thing opens. Universal is already doing their marketing as you mentioned and a lot of the GP are showing up with the belief that the ride may be open. For customer satisfaction Uni wants this open ASAP and for the fact a lot of kids begin the process of going back to school in mid-August and most families also begin the process of stopping their vacations.
Yeah. The thing is that they got scared with the huge cluster they got for Hagrid. Not enough time, so they are taking it slow with this one. They are behind schedule and maybe they won't open in prime summer season, but it's better than another 10-hour-wait-to-ride PR nightmare in the same summer. They wanted to meet the deadline but I think that now they have leeway from the brass to "open late, but open good", more if they are seeing the huge fail that Galaxy's Edge is

You must have never ridden this when it was JP, cause that ride never had anything remotely close to this kind of atmosphere... more like, a couple of trees, some broken animatronics and a completely uncovered parking garage... but yes the atmooooossssphere
It could be a disaster if it opens unfinished. This ride has a lot to live up too.

Reactions: Mad Dog
To bring this up (and if I'm wrong, feel free to ignite the criticism towards this statement), I would actually like to point a particular finger..to an unique example of an attraction that opened late, that gained some very positive receptions: Infinity Falls.

Yes, construction be damned, Infinity Falls was a unique example, as it seemed to at-least..my own opinion. And that in a way; the fact that it was bumped from it's Summer spot, didn't harm it. In-fact, the word of mouth for the attraction was actually more than enough to have people come out for the attraction and be busy for a good period of time. It became a hit, even though it didn't even open until after Labor Day.

Now, I'm not saying to expect JW to be not open until after Early September, but if UCW (and, they are given the seeming love being put towards this) want to ensure it's the best that it could be..then I'd be curious to see how locals in the LA area reacts towards this attraction.

Heard from someone on Reddit who went to USH today saying that he overheard a Universal employee say that they would need to bring in a consultant to help with a technical glitch on the ride. Don’t know what all it means for opening but figured the post might bring awareness why the opening date is being delayed.

If the temporary railings are now back in the first scene after the lift hill, then it seems something's wrong in the aquarium show building. Maybe something with the flipper that bumps the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.