Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 185 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teebin said in the King Kong thread that a nice "C+" ticket is coming to Jurassic Park in the near future.

I'm assuming our themed family coaster is back on! Great news if that's the case.

Teebin said in the King Kong thread that a nice "C+" ticket is coming to Jurassic Park in the near future.

I'm assuming our themed family coaster is back on! Great news if that's the case.
I like to think that it never left. They are just waiting to reassess after Jurassic World to see if A) They still want to do it and B) Do they want to put a Jurassic World overlay/package on the island to accompany the new attraction.

You are thinking too big. Hell, maybe it is a B, as I have never fully understood those monikers. Regardless, I am excited about it.

So my best guess then would be something in vain of Storm Force or the alien attraction in Springfield? A smaller carnivalesque attraction to help compliment the area

I think all JP needs is for JPRA to get some refurbed or brand new dinos. The ones that are featured in the ride now aren't impressive, and last I rode most of them had frozen slack-jaws (except Tiff....if they maintain her correctly she remains one of the most impressive AAs on property). Not sure how I would feel about a JW rebranding, I'd have to see that film first before I make up my mind.

Perhaps this mystery B attraction is the rumored Jurassic Park facility tour that was found in the first movie. Now that is something I could get excited for :happy:

Perhaps this mystery B attraction is the rumored Jurassic Park facility tour that was found in the first movie. Now that is something I could get excited for :happy:

I'll be honest, but outside of recreating something from the movies, I've never understood the appeal of that rumor. We get to tour sterile labs....yay? In my opinion, the only thing worthwhile we ever saw from that tour in the film was the hatchery, which we get in the Discovery Center anyway.

But again, maybe I'm just weird.

To be fair, in the movie we never see the complete tour; the characters leave their seats to go into the lab, so Universal could theoretically invent whatever additional ride scenes they'd need to make it a more complete experience (a nursery with juvenile dinosaur AAs, a vet center treating sick dinos, etc.). I don't think a Discovery Center ride is the likeliest option, but I'll be happy with just about anything coming to JP, other than just some sparsely-themed flat ride, or something of that ilk.

I'll be honest, but outside of recreating something from the movies, I've never understood the appeal of that rumor. We get to tour sterile labs....yay? In my opinion, the only thing worthwhile we ever saw from that tour in the film was the hatchery, which we get in the Discovery Center anyway.

But again, maybe I'm just weird.

When I first heard that rumor I imagined it would be a mix of the Carousel of Progress and Stitch's Great Escape.

So, you see a scene or two and everything is fine- perhaps some simple AA's showcasing the hatchery, an aquarium, etc. The final scene would involve some sort of power failure, and a Velociraptor breakout. You could catch glimpses of them, and 'feel' them as they move past and over you before the day is saved last minute and you 'evacuate'.

Jurassic World features 'tame' Velociraptors- things could start off showing they're safe, but the power failure knocks out the safeguards or something to that extent. Either way, it has some cool potential but is likely too large in scope.

I really hope JP gets something special.

Last edited:
If JP gets an expansion, I'd put money on a "Spiderman" style updated jpra, 1 more ride or experience with a visual refurb of the whole land to fit the new franchise. Ioa can't really have any of it's major attractions down for any extended period of time so my guess is if these rumors hold any salt JP will temporarily more like"skull island" while all these renovations are taking place... That's if the new movie is successful enough.

Well if a JP expansion happens, wouldn't that mean taking up or acquiring more land than it has now? Which from the ideas so far sounds more like an update or refreshing of the area. Expanding would mean taking part of LC like the Popeye ride or something..

Status
Not open for further replies.