Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 201 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even think you can count the Discovery Center as a weenie or even relevant these days. Does anyone go downstairs? Do guests even know there is anything down there?

I actually see little kids and their parents down there every time I visit. I think before and after lunch it gets especially crowded as kids see it from their table and wanna go see what's down there. It's not packed like Potter, but it's not disused either.

I apologize but I haven't been keeping up with the forums as much as I usually do. What's happening in the old Triceratops Encounter area? I thought I had read something about raptors? Care to fill me in Teebs?
I doubt there is any expansion besides some moving robotic raptors or whatever. I have to unpin this thread as it is nothing interesting. Thanks for asking before me lol

I apologize but I haven't been keeping up with the forums as much as I usually do. What's happening in the old Triceratops Encounter area? I thought I had read something about raptors? Care to fill me in Teebs?

Not Teebin, but..

The front area of Triceratops Encounter is being themed into an intimate meet&greet with Velociraptors. Rumors currently have it as Jurassic World themed, featuring the movies 4 raptors: Blue, Charlie, Delta and Echo. The 'raptor trainers' will allegedly dress like Owen (Chris Pratt).

I got a chance to do something I never have before.
Today my appreciation for Jurassic Park and Universal has greatly increased.

Camp Jurassic and the Amber Mine/Discovery Center.

Wow what an awesome awesome theme park experience.

First Camp Jurassic is extremely underrated. It reminds me of the play place at Sea World but so much more advanced.
The Amber Mine creates an experience for adults and children.
I had a freaking blast today. My girlfriend and I both let our innerchildhood out more so than Pixie Dust from the mouse could.
Not a shot at Disney but much praise for the Uni Squad.

I definitely hope for an Amber Mine coaster . Only because i cant ride the flyers lol.

The discovery center took 50 minutes of our time. So that says alot. Proud to have that in our parks.

So Universal keep it up.

Definitely hopw Jurrasic World succeeds!!

Anyone who hasnt done Camp Jurassic, you are missing out. !!

Wow, Thanks Teebin. This seems like a rather large chunk of land that could be used for something way more exciting. I feel like Jurassic Park is so underdeveloped. It's all trees, we need "weenies." I don't even think you can count the Discovery Center as a weenie or even relevant these days. Does anyone go downstairs? Do guests even know there is anything down there?
Thanks to you saying this on the forum, I took it upon myself to go downstairs , since I never knew there was anything down there.
And Children from my observation have a ton of fun with Dinosaurs.
Dinosaurs are timeless. Something I've noticed. No matter what generation, children especially will always be attached to such a magnificent non existence in our world today.

WP_20150509_013_zpscnb8m6zm.jpg

I've always loved this area of the park, although I miss being able to play Primal Rage downstairs and downstairs in general could use a little sprucing up.
I still need to spend a little bit more time in Camp Jurassic, maybe next time we are just out wandering I'll make sure I do.

Also FYI Pterradon Flyers is an absolutely fun and terrifying ride. It is really quite fun. I highly recommend it.
PROTIP: some folks look down on grown men standing outside asking kids if they will go on it with them in exchange for butter beer or ice cream.

Yeah, I got a Universal passholder letter in the mail today and it mentioned a photo op with a raptor in there. It also mentioned a Despicable Me scavenger hunt for the summer.

Not Teebin, but..

The front area of Triceratops Encounter is being themed into an intimate meet&greet with Velociraptors. Rumors currently have it as Jurassic World themed, featuring the movies 4 raptors: Blue, Charlie, Delta and Echo. The 'raptor trainers' will allegedly dress like Owen (Chris Pratt).

Their names make me wonder if there is a story behind raptor Alpha.....or something else beginning with A. It would surely be strange to pick a range of B-E and miss out on A?

^ Wild, I have no info that there will be more than one raptor. I can't think of a reason they would bother with or spend the money on it. Those costumes are EXPEN$IVE!

To help with queues are they going to have more than one showroom/viewing at a time (like Ollivander's in Diagon)? If so, they could have more than one of the raptors represented and depending upon which showroom you are ushered to you could see a different raptor each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.