Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 374 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll always recall a day from my early adult years. A couple of friends felt like going to MK...I was always up for a road trip so off we went.

Had a great day...one last ride on space mountain before driving back home. We get to the uphill portion of the moving belt exit and the crowds are backed up somehow. We finally get around people to see that it is pouring down rain....sure, they have lots of indoor rides, but you still have to walk from one exit to the next entrance outside in the elements...and if there is lightning as part of our tropical weather, no one should be anywhere out in the open yet no park I know of in the states that would be able to keep all guest under shelter....

But I assume many come to FL for the weather, so why not have a lot of outdoor stuff?

*cough* dwarfed in popularity compared to Disney and Uni (one can only wonder why...) *cough*
Because thrill-based parks will never beat out family friendly theme parks + it isn't piggybacking off of Disney's Orlando success as Uni has been doing + it doesn't have any IPs to pull people in.

If all of BGT's coasters were indoor it wouldn't just magically become Disney level popular.

I’ll always recall a day from my early adult years. A couple of friends felt like going to MK...I was always up for a road trip so off we went.

Had a great day...one last ride on space mountain before driving back home. We get to the uphill portion of the moving belt exit and the crowds are backed up somehow. We finally get around people to see that it is pouring down rain....sure, they have lots of indoor rides, but you still have to walk from one exit to the next entrance outside in the elements...and if there is lightning as part of our tropical weather, no one should be anywhere out in the open yet no park I know of in the states that would be able to keep all guest under shelter....

But I assume many come to FL for the weather, so why not have a lot of outdoor stuff?
Point being the park doesn’t almost completely shut down. For those that wait out the storm there’s still plenty to do. And idk about you, but constantly being out in the heat and humidity of a Florida summer isn’t fun. It’s nice to go inside to do some rides, get some A/C, and then go out again to other rides.

The lengths people go to defend something where there could be real improvement enjoyable for everyone. Once again: no one is going to take away every outdoor ride in IoA.
Because thrill-based parks will never beat out family friendly theme parks + it isn't piggybacking off of Disney's Orlando success as Uni has been doing + it doesn't have any IPs to pull people in.

If all of BGT's coasters were indoor it wouldn't just magically become Disney level popular.
Not what I was implying. The reason is a bit of what you said + the major draw of Disney and Uni being actual THEME parks ;)

Lightning Run at Kentucky Kingdom is a good example of a air time machine that takes up little room and doesn't go very high
You don't need to have a huge coaster for airtime. Phoenix at Knoebels is only 80ft high and has some of the best airtime in the business.
True, even Mummy has some fun airtime in its small coaster section. I just always think of Mako-type gigacoasters when I think airtime. :doh::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.