Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 398 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This one seems fine

maxresdefault.jpg

I was thinking more about Hades 360 and The Voyage. Hades has consistently dropped in the rankings (although, we know how accurate those are) and has a reputation for being on the rough side anymore. Although, any coaster with the twin tunnels like that is an awesome construction. The Voyage is fairly intense to begin with but it is definitely getting rough. For IOA, I wondered if they would go with a steel structure painted to look like wood to save on some of the wear and tear.

That or I'm getting old (which is true for everyone).

What's with them adding the shakes now to the price here too? The sticker shock would send me running to Mythos or literally anywhere else.

What's with them adding the shakes now to the price here too? The sticker shock would send me running to Mythos or literally anywhere else.
Because the Dining Plan gets you a “combo” and Universal refuses to give you a soft drink with their combos, forcing you to purchase an all-day refillable mug along with your all day dining plan.

Therefore, every “combo” includes a shake. And they put it as the main offering on the menu boards so those with the dining plan feel like they’re getting a good deal.

Of course, you can order any meal not as a combo, but any chance to upsell you is a chance they’re gonna take, so non combo pricing is being left off the menus lately.

Don't get me started on the all-day refillable mug. I got so pissed, I had to ask for a manager and get a refund. What a scam at UOR unlike Disney Resorts/SeaWorld.

Because the Dining Plan gets you a “combo” and Universal refuses to give you a soft drink with their combos, forcing you to purchase an all-day refillable mug along with your all day dining plan.

Therefore, every “combo” includes a shake. And they put it as the main offering on the menu boards so those with the dining plan feel like they’re getting a good deal.

Of course, you can order any meal not as a combo, but any chance to upsell you is a chance they’re gonna take, so non combo pricing is being left off the menus lately.

Ugh, why? WHY? Why the hell would someone want a milkshake instead of a fountain drink in a theme park for two meals? ADDITIONALLY WOULD THEY LIKE TO PROVIDE A LACTOSE FREE OPTION FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME?!?!

Ugh, why? WHY? Why the hell would someone want a milkshake instead of a fountain drink in a theme park for two meals? ADDITIONALLY WOULD THEY LIKE TO PROVIDE A LACTOSE FREE OPTION FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME?!?!
It's evil. And clumsy. They could just charge a few dollars less and have the plan include meals instead of "combos" but, money.

Every time I am in line I end up explaining to the people around me that it's possible to order a meal without a milkshake, because I can hear the outrage around me.

It's evil. And clumsy. They could just charge a few dollars less and have the plan include meals instead of "combos" but, money.

Every time I am in line I end up explaining to the people around me that it's possible to order a meal without a milkshake, because I can hear the outrage around me.

Yea I've never understood why they only list the combo prices. It seriously confuses people.

Reactions: anihilnation
Really? I love them.

I love it at Cabana and at SeaWorld. I was at Burger Digs and I was STARVING.. I order my food and purchase a refillable mug because I had such a good experience with it at SeaWorld the day before. So I drink my Coke Zero as I'm waiting for my food... get my food and go to get a refill. No can do. Gotta wait 15 minutes. So I ask an employee and they're like no you have to wait. And I'm like.. I just got my food. I'd like to have a drink while I'm eating. I'd hate to have to wait and it gets cold. Can you override it? Nope. So I just went back up to the counter and was like.. for $15, this is gonna be a no for me. :lol:

They should do what Disney does: combo is food with drink, meal is food with cookie/desert.

Status
Not open for further replies.