Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 706 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I’d want better mugs and some actual atmosphere. The Watering Hole has little actual atmosphere, and I’d like to see something that feels a little less...impersonal
A second bartender most of the time would help or an alcohol only window/line but that might not be the look they are going for here.

There would need to be some serious levels of construction to get the Watering Hole to become the bar we want it to be. Right now it's just a counter service location that happens to have booze; what it needs to go to is something more aiken to Backwater. This might seem trivial but a lot of demo and remodeling would be needed to add the new bar equipment they'd need (washing stations, glass storage, liquor bottle storage/well, mixing areas, etc).

Personally, I think it'd be worth it for Universal to just demo the whole area, push the bar to the left towards Hogsmeade and add more storage for mugs, liquor, etc. Add a new patio that goes towards the new coaster, almost like a treehouse vibe with large palms sticking through the deck.

There would need to be some serious levels of construction to get the Watering Hole to become the bar we want it to be. Right now it's just a counter service location that happens to have booze; what it needs to go to is something more aiken to Backwater. This might seem trivial but a lot of demo and remodeling would be needed to add the new bar equipment they'd need (washing stations, glass storage, liquor bottle storage/well, mixing areas, etc).

Personally, I think it'd be worth it for Universal to just demo the whole area, push the bar to the left towards Hogsmeade and add more storage for mugs, liquor, etc. Add a new patio that goes towards the new coaster, almost like a treehouse vibe with large palms sticking through the deck.
We gotta remember too that it's not just the Watering Hole... it's The Coca-Cola Watering Hole. They're the sponsor for it, and I love that it has an actual bar, but I think the main purpose to support soda sales and Coke branding.

This is the kind of atmospheric stuff that I hope gets added to the land. A lot of the land feels impersonal right now.

As a person with an inordinate preoccupation with collecting theme park drinkware, I'm in favor of any scenario that results in more Jurassic Park-specific souvenir glasses/mugs/what-have-you.
Check out Mondo's Jurassic Park tiki mugs. They're gigantic (more akin to a vase really), but I love mine.

How is it a sleeper?
What Legacy said, how is this a sleeper? It's getting plenty of coverage and the general consensus is people are pretty excited for it (myself included). Sleeper hits are made when something is overlooked/doesn't get much coverage -and- people aren't too excited for it.
I meant I don't think people are prepared for this. It's probably going to be the best coaster in Orlando behind Mako.

This will also quite possibly be very loud in a literal sense
If Hagrid tells me anything...Intamin can do a good job silencing it.

I meant I don't think people are prepared for this. It's probably going to be the best coaster in Orlando behind Mako.

Gotcha', that makes a lot more sense. Easier saying people are gonna' be surprised by the intensity of it (can say the same for Iron Gwazi), since sleeper hit isn't the best description for it.

Reactions: shiekra38
Status
Not open for further replies.