Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I rode the ride twice today and it was a hot mess. First let me say everything looks great and new. Nassal did a great job on that side of the ride. Now the rest of the ride was not so great. Here's a list of things I noticed but I'm sure most of these will be fixed in the coming days.

1. The gates aren't working...still. :(
2. The volume of the Ultrasaur narration was so loud it could be heard from the first drop.
3. Ultrasaur has timing issues and goes off way to early.
4. The Psittacosaurs weren't moving.
5. The Stegosaurus on the right wasn't making any sounds.
6. The most interesting thing though was there were 2 different narrations going on at once in the Stegosaurus scene. Which confused the heck out of me and everyone else in the boat.
7. The Raptor crate dropped before the boat even gets under it.
8. There was no sound at all when the Trex scratches the door.
9. And finally no right arm for Tiff and it's extremely noticeable as the child next to me pointed out.

Gambit did you ride back to back or during separate times of day. Most of this seems like a programming issues that may be resolved as you said in the next couple of overnights. Thanks for sharing!

Ok so I rode the ride twice today and it was a hot mess. First let me say everything looks great and new. Nassal did a great job on that side of the ride. Now the rest of the ride was not so great. Here's a list of things I noticed but I'm sure most of these will be fixed in the coming days.

1. The gates aren't working...still. :(
2. The volume of the Ultrasaur narration was so loud it could be heard from the first drop.
3. Ultrasaur has timing issues and goes off way to early.
4. The Psittacosaurs weren't moving.
5. The Stegosaurus on the right wasn't making any sounds.
6. The most interesting thing though was there were 2 different narrations going on at once in the Stegosaurus scene. Which confused the heck out of me and everyone else in the boat.
7. The Raptor crate dropped before the boat even gets under it.
8. There was no sound at all when the Trex scratches the door.
9. And finally no right arm for Tiff and it's extremely noticeable as the child next to me pointed out.
:bang:

Holy crap, Disney did something better than Universal for the first time in decades with this refurb.

Compare this to the recent Splash Mountain refurb and it makes Universal look awful.

This is the only thing I can think of that Universal has done worse than Disney in a very, very long time.

yea its probably just the programing ride has been down for a long time and refurb crew had nothing to do with programing. Will probably be working in a couple days!!

yea its probably just the programing ride has been down for a long time and refurb crew had nothing to do with programing. Will probably be working in a couple days!!

Hopefully, it seems this ride has a lot of issues most of the problems Gambit had I have noticed since 2010 and they still haven't done anything most of the time the thing that drives me bonkers is the timing it is always off every time I ride it.

Hopefully, it seems this ride has a lot of issues most of the problems Gambit had I have noticed since 2010 and they still haven't done anything most of the time the thing that drives me bonkers is the timing it is always off every time I ride it.

Which I still don't understand...seeing as how the versions in Japan and Hollywood never seem to have any of the problems our version does. Is it different because of the Florida climate?

Which I still don't understand...seeing as how the versions in Japan and Hollywood never seem to have any of the problems our version does. Is it different because of the Florida climate?

You know what??? I never even considered the climate as a reason to the problems. Now that you mention it, it is possible that may be the reason.

Lol, You honestly think California climate is any better than Orlando Climate? they are basically the same thing lol.

Sounds to me like this refurbishment was pushed out sooner than it should've been to handle the Memorial Day crowds... which is poor planning. Sorry, I just won't accept "it'll be fixed in a few days." They should've sent boats through the day before it opened to fix giant things like this - it really should be working like new.

Actually they are very different, the humidity is almost non existent and it rains much less. I can't speak for Japan though.

Exactly. You get next to no rain in SoCal...and it's humid every now and then, but not every day like here in Florida.

Japan gets plenty of rain, but I have no idea if there's the humidity like we get.

Status
Not open for further replies.