Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty obvious that everything is not ready. But like HTF said it has to be open for the Memorial Day crowds. Period. I would be shocked if when they are actually DONE its still like this. And to me the ride Is always worth going on for that awesome steep drop.

Universal Hollywood about a year ago prior to its JPRA refurb had its T-Rex, non-operating encased in a black plastic bag, for at least two months!

...so I don't really see a missing arm to be all that big of a deal.

Universal Hollywood about a year ago prior to its JPRA refurb had its T-Rex, non-operating encased in a black plastic bag, for at least two months!

...so I don't really see a missing arm to be all that big of a deal.

But that is the question, which is better: all covered up or obviously missing parts?

I think there is a point where it is better to hide what is broken at an attempt to keep the fantasy "believable" :rofl:

Anytime OI posts with "Newz" in it, it's fake.

Oh okay. I was trying to figure out what the :censored: they were doing. It is a picture of NOTHING but a sign that is put up all the time for any kind of maintenance, and they were saying it is some kind of sign of things to come :bonk:

Which I still don't understand...seeing as how the versions in Japan and Hollywood never seem to have any of the problems our version does. Is it different because of the Florida climate?

First post here. I'm living in Hong Kong which means I get to venture to theme parks over this side of the globe. Just like to point out that the climate in Singapore is much more extreme than Florida - consistently around the 30c mark, humidity is always 90%+, and there's a guaranteed rainstorm practically every day of the year.

That said, the JPRA at Universal Singapore has none of these technical issues, at least not in my experience. Although, this version of the ride is newer than the Orlando one... so they perhaps designed a new approach to creating the scenes to circumvent issues (iirc, fewer of the dinos are actually in-water).

That said, the version of the ride in Orlando, imo, is a far better experience. The vehicle in Singapore is one of them free-floating circular contraptions... which means that you only get to see a small percentage of the dinosaurs, as your back is to the rest.

The t-rex is anti-climatic, too. In this version it comes from high up. Yet, 90% of the people on the vehicle seem to miss it, because they just don't know where to look.

At least in Orlando, everybody gets to see the one-armed t-rex.

First post here. I'm living in Hong Kong which means I get to venture to theme parks over this side of the globe. Just like to point out that the climate in Singapore is much more extreme than Florida - consistently around the 30c mark, humidity is always 90%+, and there's a guaranteed rainstorm practically every day of the year.

That said, the JPRA at Universal Singapore has none of these technical issues, at least not in my experience. Although, this version of the ride is newer than the Orlando one... so they perhaps designed a new approach to creating the scenes to circumvent issues (iirc, fewer of the dinos are actually in-water).

That said, the version of the ride in Orlando, imo, is a far better experience. The vehicle in Singapore is one of them free-floating circular contraptions... which means that you only get to see a small percentage of the dinosaurs, as your back is to the rest.

The t-rex is anti-climatic, too. In this version it comes from high up. Yet, 90% of the people on the vehicle seem to miss it, because they just don't know where to look.

At least in Orlando, everybody gets to see the one-armed t-rex.

:welcome: and I have to agree with you on this one. I was watching a video of Singapore's Jurassic Park ride and half the time I was like "What's going on :inquisitive:", because the raft kept constantly spinning.
Anyways, Happy Posting :wave:

Uhh the ride has been shut down for quite some time. Patience and all will be fixed.

I disagree. If this was Disney, you and a lot of other people would be all over it. Opening a ride that is not complete, etc. etc. etc.

I agree they had to open it, but I think they didn't leave themselves enough time to do this refurb and should have shut it down earlier so this would not have occurred. They would have had more time to test to get all the timing right. Not sure they could have done much about the missing arm as I am sure that was ordered as soon as they knew they needed one.

Reactions: jtsalien
Status
Not open for further replies.