Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 839 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was only a one off launch how did OI know to go and start recording? Genuinely curious. I’m guessing insiders?
That would be my guess.

The reason why I think it was just the last half, is that we know there was a train staged on the second launch, and they would have to launch that one out of the second launch before a train could do a complete circuit. And if only one train went over the top hat, it would have to be that train.

Reactions: TheDr
That would be my guess.

The reason why I think it was just the last half, is that we know there was a train staged on the second launch, and they would have to launch that one out of the second launch before a train could do a complete circuit. And if only one train went over the top hat, it would have to be that train.
And the white plastic was removed from that train in the launch tunnel two days ago. Only a blue tarp was draped over it instead the other day.

And yea, I think they only tested the second launch to the end last night.

As someone who's just never worked on a coaster, is it more imperative to test your fastest launch, first? Before testing other aspects of the ride prior to the car reaching that launching point? Id imagine as so, adjusting it to the speed you want initially, adding in the speed and direction its coming from after the launch itself is working just fine. No idea if thats how these things work, but it'd make sense to me. Just curious

As someone who's just never worked on a coaster, is it more imperative to test your fastest launch, first? Before testing other aspects of the ride prior to the car reaching that launching point? Id imagine as so, adjusting it to the speed you want initially, adding in the speed and direction its coming from after the launch itself is working just fine. No idea if thats how these things work, but it'd make sense to me. Just curious
I also think they're working on those fins at the top. They recently added a possible fourth and moved them a bit, wired and unwired. I don't know much about how coasters work, but I do know they've been fiddling an awful lot with those guys over the last couple weeks.

I also think they're working on those fins at the top. They recently added a possible fourth and moved them a bit, wired and unwired. I don't know much about how coasters work, but I do know they've been fiddling an awful lot with those guys over the last couple weeks.
And it would also make sense that this is a BIG thing to tackle before testing the rest of the coaster properly, so maybe another reason why this is being worked on first, at least from what we've seen. Im sure the timing for the top hat is imperative for the timing for this ride, gotta make sure we at the exact speeds.

Or they're only testing the top hat so the Osprey's gtfo

I think this is the part they could test. Likely the spaghetti bowl needs more work (electrical) before it is ready for a launch so they get what pieces of the job done as they can.

I think this is the part they could test. Likely the spaghetti bowl needs more work (electrical) before it is ready for a launch so they get what pieces of the job done as they can.

I think they could test that area if they wanted and probably already have.

With that much rock work and enclosed spaces, the last thing you want to do is find a problem and have to work around the rock work.

Reactions: joelbryant11
Yeah my body is ready. Take me, Velocicoaster!

Had a feeling we'd see a test of the second half. Glad to see the speculation of "anticipation stall" become moot.

I think they could test that area if they wanted and probably already have.

With that much rock work and enclosed spaces, the last thing you want to do is find a problem and have to work around the rock work.
I think they did the pull through for that but the fins and sensors may still need to be networked.

Reactions: Scott W.
Yeah my body is ready. Take me, Velocicoaster!

Had a feeling we'd see a test of the second half. Glad to see the speculation of "anticipation stall" become moot.
Oh dont worry lol, they're still saying "Well they're probably not turned on yet

They would not have launched the coaster at all if the entire thing wasn't ready (electrical wise). That is very dangerous. Is no one questioning how a full train got to the second launch??

They would not have launched the coaster at all if the entire thing wasn't ready (electrical wise). That is very dangerous. Is no one questioning how a full train got to the second launch??

They pulled through two trains at the same time from opposite ends of the station.

Edit: Having said that, the pull through only used two cars.

Reactions: JoeCamel
So they can just lift a train and place it on any section of track? I dunno, modern coasters use a 3 point fixed wheel system that locks to the track. Unless they are detaching the bottom wheels I don't know how that can be done.

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
Status
Not open for further replies.