Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 91 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to factor in operation cost as well. Attractions cost A LOT of money to operate. Think of the electricity needed to pump all of the water that flows through Popeye, or the power needed to launch the Hulk every thirty seconds all day. Contrary to popular belief, theme parks don't make that much money. What money they do make is because of the profit margin on food and merchandise. The profit of these games in this small area is a lot higher with almost zero operation cost, and minimum wage labour than an energy sucking ride that makes no profit and doesn't really draw crowds to the park.

WDW also takes in over double the amount of guests as Universal so they need those small insignificant attractions around as something to do.

Over the last two months, I have noticed that they have been closing sections of the climbing nets in Camp Jurassic. Each time I go lately they block off a new section. I don't know if they are closed for repairs or if the might be letting them go to be torn down for expansion.

Last edited:
Any truth to the rumor that we may not be getting games after all? Saw it on OrlandoInformers page today (doubtful but just wanted to see if anybody else heard that too) :shrug:

Is this one of those things thats a joke? I have a hard time telling whether or not there serious when they post stuff. I mean when I said wall down and Springfield opens Friday they said they heard Thursday and sure enough Friday. I say Kong and they say we said it first. But many times I say something and they come back were just joking so I'm not sure what to say to this? I mean that information is wrong on several levels. The games are coming first and are being done by Nassal with a helping "creative" hand. With a major expansion at Jurassic Park coming after the games open. Sound familiar? Yeah we just went through the same thing at Springfield remember? The games were actually labeled Phase 1 of the redevelopment and everything else from FFB to the Waterfront is labeled as Phase 2. Last but not least Nassal equipment has shown up in Jurassic Park, coincidence? Yeah no...

Is this one of those things thats a joke? I have a hard time telling whether or not there serious when they post stuff. I mean when I said wall down and Springfield opens Friday they said they heard Thursday. I say Kong and they say we said it first. But many times I say something and they come back were just joking so I'm not sure what to say to this? I mean that information is wrong on several levels. The games are coming first and are being done by Nassal with a helping "creative" hand. With a major expansion at Jurassic Park coming after the games open. Sound familiar? Yeah we just went through the same thing at Springfield remember? The games were actually labeled Phase 1 of the redevelopment and everything else from FFB to the Waterfront is labeled as Phase 2. Last but not least Nassal equipment has shown up in Jurassic Park, coincidence? Yeah no...

I stopped listening to them and just follow their photo updates, just linked because you asked for it.

I stopped listening to them and just follow their photo updates, just linked because you asked for it.

Oh and I appreciate that I just don't know what to think is all. Again I'm not poking at them either I seriously just don't know if there joking or just guessing and then when wrong there joking. I'm just confused...

Didn't intend to ruffle feathers IMO it seemed way to far fetched, I have and will only trust this site for true info and rumors. The saying is true "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is." Back into the shadows I go...

Are you sure the JP games are being done by Nassal and not Bob's Space Racers (who made the Simpsons games)?

If I'm not mistaken and mind you I very well could be but the construction of the platforms and utilities is being done by Holmes Construction with Nassal doing all the theming.

If I'm not mistaken and mind you I very well could be but the construction of the platforms and utilities is being done by Holmes Construction with Nassal doing all the theming.

That's very curious. I can see Holmes & Nassal doing the infrastructure, but AFAIK the only game in town (well, Florida) for custom themed carnival games is Bob's Space Racers. They did the ones for Simpsons, plus the ones at Paradise Pier @ DCA and many others. BSR has the exclusive rights to build Wac-A-Moles and some other recognizable models. When I toured their fabrication facilities in Jax a few months ago, they refused to admit if they were working on JP but I saw some Dino-themed games under construction that could clearly be JP-related...

Status
Not open for further replies.