Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I'm new and don't know much haha but is this new games area going to be visible from the main walkway/during construction? I know that the area in which they are planning to build it is somewhat out-of-the-way and concealed, but perhaps this will change the area's layout?

The area of the JPRA extended queue where the games are going is currently behind a green scrim construction wall...

The area of the JPRA extended queue where the games are going is currently behind a green scrim construction wall...
Just noticed you're the author of my bible on Universal Orlando. Great job on that book. I use it for the preparation of my vacation every year. There's info in there that is not readily available anywhere else. THANK YOU!!!

Just noticed you're the author of my bible on Universal Orlando. Great job on that book. I use it for the preparation of my vacation every year. There's info in there that is not readily available anywhere else. THANK YOU!!!

Thanks!!! I'm working on the 2014 edition right now, should be available later this fall :)

- - - Updated - - -

How are they going to work with the multi levels in that area? Are they building "stages" to be level with the walk path?
From what I can see, the construction marking indicate all the games themselves will be on the top level even with the walking path, with support facilities going behind on the lower level.

So, did they rip out all of these narrow beautiful planter-islands?

planters_zps50505698.jpg

So, did they rip out all of these narrow beautiful planter-islands?

planters_zps50505698.jpg

Yup, all gone. I'd post photos but this site only seems to play nice with photobucket (???) and I'm strictly Picassa. Also, I guess I'm forbidden from linking to posts on my blog now, so "no pics for you!" :)

I really like the planters in the above photo, what a shame the have been removed. On a plus, that pic and planter has given me inspitation for my own garden.

Thanks for posting the pic.

^ appears so. The reason the possibility occurred to me was because I thought to myself that there wouldn't be enough walkway left in that particular area with games being built.

The Universal management team is certainly making some wrong decisions in Jurassic Park. From walking near the entrance to JPRA and having a timeshare hawked at me, to having noisy carnival games destroying the atmosphere. I feel like the paths are already cluttered enough with snack vendors every 20 feet or so.

the thing that just really bothers me is the games. It just ruins the area. Leave them be in Toon Lagoon or whatever. They just don't work with the theme, or what the lands purpose is supposed to do.

Universal missed the mark on this one

Wait for it ...... I am sure that the new movie is going to showcase this area .
Since new movie is in a completed park

So if there are games in the movie they will be there in this area.

See I don't agree with that. JP is supposed to be a working theme park.

Games just suck.
Agreed. Why do Universal and Disney insist on having carnival games in the parks? IOA, DAK, and even TDS all have games. The ones at USF I can tolerate. I also hate the games in between Toon Lagoon and MSHI. Ugh. That whole little area drives me crazy.

Oh god, the games between MSHI and TL is my least favorite thing at IOA lol. I don't even know why it bothers me, but it does. At least the ones by Simpsons at USF work because of the whole Krustyland thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.