Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has seriously gotten off topic but I will chime in anyway. My guess is that most of you that are anti-family rides are under the age of 25. When you have a family with kids that are affected by this you will understand why there is a demand for more family rides. If Universal has all thrill rides and markets themselves to the teenage to young adult crowd they lose out on a lot of potential extra money. Families with kids will spend more on food, shirts, toys and etc...I understand that Disney markets themselves towards families and Sea World does as well. Universal is finally catching up and it will make it a more well rounded park for people of all ages.

Now can we talk about Jurassic Park?

:thumbs:

You hit the nail on the head. A college age to getting married aged person or a teenager by themselves in the park will spend way less money than a family of four. Which is why Uni has woken up and is going to start marketing to families more. Not Kiddies, but families. And in order to get the families to come they need to offer more rides the entire family can ride. This means no to low height restrictions (I prefer no) and entertaining for the kids as much as the adults. That way they can get that family of four even if one of them is 6 and the other is 2. Because a 6 year old can ride most of everything, but the 2 right now cannot. Uni doesn't want to have to wait for the entire family to be over the age of 4 before that family will consider Uni, they want to get them spending that money as quickly as possible.

I am only 19 but I can easily see how the parks need more family rides. As some of you may know I used to be a coward, up until 4 years ago actually. I would never go on any of the thrilling rides. Even when I visited the parks way back in 2008, I was lucky to ride anything. So you could basically represent me as the younger to family based rides. So I can see the need for more family rides, now with Jaws gone, which even with the scary nature wasn't really something a family couldn't do. Its one of the major things I had issues with Universal when I was younger. They have been going in the right direction lately in some of their other parks. UOR the first time I actually enjoyed a Universal park due to its more balanced ride line up however it could still be better.

Funny enough before 2009 I hated Universal and loved Disney. It was until I made my first trip to the East cost, where WDW was a major let down compared to DL which I had been going to for years and UOR I loved, when I had hated USH. Basically due to their line ups/quality.

As a father of 3 "tweens"......It's a "Yes!" from me on adding more attractions that the whole family can enjoy together.

I think that a brand new, onsite, state-of-the-art Waterpark would (will?) be a great step toward attracting more families to the Resort.

I would also love to see a Hoop-Dee-Doo style family dinner show added somewhere to the Resort as well.

As a father of 3 "tweens"......It's a "Yes!" from me on adding more attractions that the whole family can enjoy together.

I think that a brand new, onsite, state-of-the-art Waterpark would (will?) be a great step toward attracting more families to the Resort.

I would also love to see a Hoop-Dee-Doo style family dinner show added somewhere to the Resort as well.

You probably know this, but I thought I would mention that they do have a Luau at The Royal Pacific.

Hogwarts and its queue intrusion plus the wooden bridge and how it closed off some of my favorite places. I know that it is good for the overall park, but it still gripes me.
Agreed..the illusion of being 'in' Jurrasic Park used to be spot on and you almost felt lost in a way...darn Potter haha

Regardless I think the new expansion will add some depth to the park that has been lost a bit

Add my name as another vote for more rides the whole family can do together. Not saying it has to be cheap additions like the new carnival type ride over at Simpsons. But a boat ride with some creative atmosphere would be really cool. I mean, look at how many rides over at Disney are "boat" rides. And most of them are outstanding. I do understand that Jurassic Park is a boat ride, so this is probably the wrong forum to post this comment. But I just mention it because others on here were speaking of a need for more family rides.

Last edited:
I never said that Universal shouldn't add some family rides, just to not go overboard with it and turn into Disney 2. Most of the non-coaster attractions at Universal Florida are not THAT intense anyways. They need another family attraction somewhere in IOA (whether it's the new JP ride or Lorax) and KidZone needs to be re-done, other than that...I honestly think they should be fine.

Hogwarts and its queue intrusion plus the wooden bridge and how it closed off some of my favorite places. I know that it is good for the overall park, but it still gripes me.
I don't like entering Jurassic Park from WWoHP. The castle looming above the gates and the queue that is visible through the brush irks me. I still think both lands are incredibly themed, but it does bother me as well. I just wish they would move the JP gate farther down the path...

Sorry, I'm new and don't know much haha but is this new games area going to be visible from the main walkway/during construction? I know that the area in which they are planning to build it is somewhat out-of-the-way and concealed, but perhaps this will change the area's layout?

Sorry, I'm new and don't know much haha but is this new games area going to be visible from the main walkway/during construction? I know that the area in which they are planning to build it is somewhat out-of-the-way and concealed, but perhaps this will change the area's layout?

As far as Im concerned, seeing the actual markings on the ground, it appears as though the games will be seen from the main path and are originally intended for them to be that way. They want people to play these games so they will make sure they are visible to anyone who passes by.

Still not fond of the games, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.