Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to be less thrilling.

I don't think Everest is that thrilling to be honest, it could be close to the same thrill level and still be enough of a family ride IMO. I mean, obviously do away with the dropping backwards thing, but other than that...Everest is a good ride to kind of base this next JP addition after.

I don't think Everest is that thrilling to be honest, it could be close to the same thrill level and still be enough of a family ride IMO. I mean, obviously do away with the dropping backwards thing, but other than that...Everest is a good ride to kind of base this next JP addition after.

Everest is closer to Mummy than Thunder Mountain. Height restrictions go 48-44-40 in order of Mummy-Everest-Thunder. Top speeds go 50-45-35 in order of Everest-Mummy-Thunder. Universal will be leaning towards a smaller restriction and slower speed. The ride will be more fun than thrilling, and that's totally okay.

I spend exactly 5.873 hours in AK and if you spend any more or less then that you are not a theme park fan/doing it wrong/don't like attractions/whatever this is a dumb argument to break down parks in this fashion when people have such different touring styles, opinions, and preferences. :cheers:

Reactions: jtsalien
Every time I imagine this coaster I imagine something like the Matterhorn with different cars, just small drops going down a large round mountain/mine instead of something that takes a wider space like Thunder Mountain, and without a big drop and smaller drops preceding that. Same sized drops while eventually heading towards the bottom sounds like something families would be able to do instead of a height restriction.

If you don't consider IOA a full day park, you must consider DAK to be a "part of the morning" park. I can spend a full day at IOA, but am done at DAK by 11am.
Parts of MSHI, WWoHP and Suess are all I care for in IoA. I can be in and out (and have been many times) in a matter of a few hours, leaving fully satisfied and getting everything done that I enjoy.

The park desperately needs a nighttime show and help over in Toon Lagoon. The JP expansion should definitely help and if we are getting a Lorax ride, that will extend the day as well. Just because Potter is in the park doesn't mean i'm willing to spend a full day there. WWoHP and The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley are pretty much the ONLY additions to the park since it opened 14 years ago. It's a good park, but it still needs a lot of love. IMO, more than USF at this point.

Last edited:
When talking about whether a park is a full day or a half day park. I am mostly referring to tourists not local AP holders. Local AP holders pick and choose and come and go at a much more leisurely pace. What I am talking about is how are resort guests going to tour the parks. A first time visitor to DAK can easily be done before the 3pm parade. At IOA, a first time visitor will most likely be there at least until sunset.

Those of us who are at the parks regularly have the luxury of just hitting what we know we like.

Last edited:
How long you're in a park is also very much a function of how crowded it is on a given day. If the average line is an hour, a "full day" is 10 rides, eating, and browsing the shops. If you're lucky enough to hit a quiet day, the same thing can be accomplished in half that time. I agree with DH that AP holders are very different than the average tourist. The typical tourist has dropped close to $100 per ticket for a day in the park, so they aren't going to cut it short. It costs almost nothing for the AP holder to come for half a day and move on once the AP is paid for.

Yeah, to me IOA is about 70% complete - Marvel, PoE, and WWOHP are all fine but every other area really could use 1-3 new attractions each.

I'm hoping JP, Seuss, Toon, and LC all get some great attractions over the next few years.

FYI: the average 6-7 yr old is 44" and kids today seem to not get as scared by thril rides as they used to be - so an Everest scale coaster is possible. But Big Thunder is more likely.

I'd still love a Matterhorn style Grinch coaster but I know it's a pipe dream.

My friends came down and visited this past weekend and we went to Islands on Saturday. We got there about 12:30 but we were basically done with the park by 7ish. We skipped seuss land but rode everything else, and even walked onto dragon challenge 6 times and rode hulk/FJ twice. They definitely need some additional attractions.

Parts of MSHI, WWoHP and Suess are all I care for in IoA. I can be in and out (and have been many times) in a matter of a few hours, leaving fully satisfied and getting everything done that I enjoy.

The park desperately needs a nighttime show and help over in Toon Lagoon. The JP expansion should definitely help and if we are getting a Lorax ride, that will extend the day as well. Just because Potter is in the park doesn't mean i'm willing to spend a full day there. WWoHP and The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley are pretty much the ONLY additions to the park since it opened 14 years ago. It's a good park, but it still needs a lot of love. IMO, more than USF at this point.

I think USF needs more work, but IOA needs another attraction or two added. Obviously JP and Seuss need something, I also think they need to do something with LC. The Marvel fanboy in me wishes we could get some Iron Man attraction, but it won't happen. :(

Why are you guys saying Suess needs more attractions? They have 5 (Cat in the Hat, Carosuessel, One Fish Two Fish, The show thing, The high in the sky trolley.)

Why are you guys saying Suess needs more attractions? They have 5 (Cat in the Hat, Carosuessel, One Fish Two Fish, The show thing, The high in the sky trolley.)

What show thing?

I think Seuss needs one more ride that older audiences will want to do like a Lorax/Grinch dark ride

Three of those are filler attractions. Universal needs more family dark rides - personally I don't mind where they go, as long as they fit into the area they're placed. Lorax going into Seuss seems a great fit that'll really flesh out the area.

I think UOR in total needs to space out young children's attractions throughout both parks. The two token areas make it difficult dragging children around the rest of the parks. IOA does it better with the talking fountain and the lower toon/me ship stuff. But they need solid kids stuff in every area.

Status
Not open for further replies.