Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Thunder Mountain would be a good example of a family coaster

Exactly! Everest, Matterhorn, Big Thunder, Space Mountain, Legoland's The Dragon, and Universal Japan's Space Fantasy: The Ride are all what I'd consider family coasters - anything in the 40"-44" range really.

Hippogriff is a highly themed kiddie coaster :lol: a great one but still kiddie.

I'd love to see what Universal could do with a mine train style coaster. I'd save mountains for the Grinch :p

Exactly! Everest, Matterhorn, Big Thunder, Space Mountain, Legoland's The Dragon, and Universal Japan's Space Fantasy: The Ride are all what I'd consider family coasters - anything in the 40"-44" range really.

Hippogriff is a highly themed kiddie coaster :lol: a great one but still kiddie.

I'd love to see what Universal could do with a mine train style coaster. I'd save mountains for the Grinch :p

I don't think I would consider Everest a family coaster. For comparison's sake, it's more intense than Mummy and that is far from a family coaster IMO.

As long as we aren't just getting a kiddie coaster, I'm cool! I'd love to see a well themed fun coaster. I like that amber mine idea, maybe with some dark ride portions too would be cool.

With the dark ride out of the picture are they adding in another ride other than the rumored Amber Mine coaster? Or will they just be focusing on making that coaster amazing?

From what I've heard, the plans were changed, not necessarily cut. While we're not getting a dark ride (kind of happy. I like the majority of rides being outdoors), we will be getting a lot of great things.

If I had to guess (complete conjecture here, no info), I'd say the dark ride budget was shifted over to the Lorax Hot Air Balloon dark ride we keep hearing about in Seuss... I imagine Jurassic Park will be getting the midway games and the amber mine family coaster. Maybe something else small.

(Can I just say this would be an excellent expansion and would help Islands become an actual full-day park!?)

If I had to guess (complete conjecture here, no info), I'd say the dark ride budget was shifted over to the Lorax Hot Air Balloon dark ride we keep hearing about in Seuss... I imagine Jurassic Park will be getting the midway games and the amber mine family coaster. Maybe something else small.

(Can I just say this would be an excellent expansion and would help Islands become an actual full-day park!?)
If you don't consider IOA a full day park, you must consider DAK to be a "part of the morning" park. I can spend a full day at IOA, but am done at DAK by 11am.

If you don't consider IOA a full day park, you must consider DAK to be a "part of the morning" park. I can spend a full day at IOA, but am done at DAK by 11am.

I do consider DAK to be a "part of the morning" park. I get there at opening, hit Expedition Everest 3-5 times with no wait, run over to Dinosaur and get 2 rides, hit Primeval Whirl if I'm feeling masochistic, try Kali River Rapids if I want a laugh, then hit the Safaris before heading out. If the show times line up, I'll see Finding Nemo the Musical, too.

I consider Islands to be a 2/3rds-of-the-day park. Add these attractions plus a nighttime spectacular and you're in great shape.

I do consider DAK to be a "part of the morning" park. I get there at opening, hit Expedition Everest 3-5 times with no wait, run over to Dinosaur and get 2 rides, hit Primeval Whirl if I'm feeling masochistic, try Kali River Rapids if I want a laugh, then hit the Safaris before heading out. If the show times line up, I'll see Finding Nemo the Musical, too.

I consider Islands to be a 2/3rds-of-the-day park. Add these attractions plus a nighttime spectacular and you're in great shape.

That's exactly what I would be doing when I hit up AK. Maybe go on It's tough to be a bug if there isn't a wait as well. But IOA has so many great rides and other things to do it demands a day at the park.

That's exactly what I would be doing when I hit up AK. Maybe go on It's tough to be a bug if there isn't a wait as well. But IOA has so many great rides and other things to do it demands a day at the park.

In my honest opinion:

MK: full day park
Epcot: 3/4 day park
IOA: 3/4 day park
Universal: 3/4 day park
DAK: 1/2 day park
DHS: 1/3-1/2 day park
Sea World: 3/4 day park
Busch: full day park

IOA and Uni only need 2-3 more good attractions to get to what I consider full day status...they're moving in the right direction!

In my honest opinion:

MK: full day park
Epcot: 3/4 day park
IOA: 3/4 day park
Universal: 3/4 day park
DAK: 1/2 day park
DHS: 1/3-1/2 day park
Sea World: 3/4 day park
Busch: full day park

IOA and Uni only need 2-3 more good attractions to get to what I consider full day status...they're moving in the right direction!

MK full day?! Maybe if your 1-12 years old lol Space Mountain, Thunder Railroad, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Pirates and then I leave. But for family with kids I would say it is a full day park.

Last edited:
Sad to hear the dark ride is out. It was the part of the expansion I was looking forward to the most. The idea gives me 80's Epcot vibes, obviously in a really good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.