Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think UOR in total needs to space out young children's attractions throughout both parks. The two token areas make it difficult dragging children around the rest of the parks. IOA does it better with the talking fountain and the lower toon/me ship stuff. But they need solid kids stuff in every area.

I think Universal is slowly working on this... Twirl n Hurl is the first step, with the Hogwarts Express and the JP family E ticket assuming its a family ride.

I'd love to see some flat rides, play areas, and family dark rides spread out. Toon Lagoon, JP and LC could each use a family dark ride, while Seuss of course could use one too and a family coaster too!

I'm hoping Comcast will start to compete with Disney for the little ones!!

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you guys saying Suess needs more attractions? They have 5 (Cat in the Hat, Carosuessel, One Fish Two Fish, The show thing, The high in the sky trolley.)

Fantasyland has 10-11 in MK, while DL's has 18. 5 looks abysmal next to those! Seuss needs 4 new attractions: 2 bigger ones and 2 small ones. But it is a well rounded area as it is. It just needs more for teens and adults to do, and gives families more offerings.

I think UOR in total needs to space out young children's attractions throughout both parks. The two token areas make it difficult dragging children around the rest of the parks. IOA does it better with the talking fountain and the lower toon/me ship stuff. But they need solid kids stuff in every area.

At first, I was going to disagree with you, that they don't need kid stuff in every area, but you bring up a good point. I think it would be wise for something kiddie at each area. I don't think it should be an attraction, though. A small little play area could work just fine.

I don't think Universal needs to concern themselves with kid stuff everywhere. It isn't Disney, and it will never match Disney with that demographic. It needs some more family attractions, but not kid stuff galore. Honestly, kids should be able to most of the attractions at USF except maybe the coasters, I think they should focus on just adding more attractions in general and USF needs less attractions with screens or it is going to become extremely redundant.

As for IOA, more of the same. Other than the Potter expansion, the park has really not been touched since opening. Don't get me wrong, Potter was HUGE, but everything else has stayed the same for like 15 years. It needs some love.

I'm really hoping JP's new ride is the Amber Mine family coaster(with AA's). I'm not too sure if I want a Lorax ride. I never saw the movie. So maybe hold out for the Grinch dark ride of some sort. And I'm not sure what they are planning to do with LC in the future. But I do love Mythos and how beautiful Poseidon's Fury is. So obviously I would want to keep those two things but maybe at the same time PF could be replaced as a ride inside?

I'm really hoping JP's new ride is the Amber Mine family coaster(with AA's). I'm not too sure if I want a Lorax ride. I never saw the movie. So maybe hold out for the Grinch dark ride of some sort. And I'm not sure what they are planning to do with LC in the future. But I do love Mythos and how beautiful Poseidon's Fury is. So obviously I would want to keep those two things but maybe at the same time PF could be replaced as a ride inside?

I'm in the minority in thinking PF should be replaced or at least overhauled. The building is a work of art and the water tunnel is amazing, but everything else is so cheesy IMO. I wouldn't miss the show as it is now at all.

I think they will add some more kiddie stuff.I was in guest services thursday july 4th and two grandparents were there asking/demanding a refund for the Ap's they bought since granddaughter(about 3) could not ride anything.It was at the Studio's.
So since power pass blocked they had to have purchased 2 prefered passes (at least)
They were nicely told since they called Credit card company to dispute charges there was nothing guest services could do.
Those exit surveys they do are read by the higher ups and I wonder how many people complain "not enough for little kids to do"
I know that is Disney's demographic but would they get more thru the gate with more kiddie stuff .Not to mention kiddie stuff is cheaper (in most cases) to build.

I'm in the minority in thinking PF should be replaced or at least overhauled. The building is a work of art and the water tunnel is amazing, but everything else is so cheesy IMO. I wouldn't miss the show as it is now at all.

I'd love to see Poseidon's Fury overhauled as a indoor water ride - POTC 2.0, maybe have the boats move (like Spidey and Transformers) with some killer AAs and projections to boot. :thumbs:

I'd say:
Mythos and The Mystic Fountain are untouched :happy:
Sinbad's stadium gets a brand new show - maybe themed to Jason and the Argonauts? Something on par with the Waterworld show!
They're removing the carnival games so no need to comment!
Add a flat ride in some of the extra space - maybe a swinging ship or a rockin' tug themed to Sinbad?
Repurpose Poseidon's Fury as a killer, state of the art indoor flume on par with POTC at MK - you get a lavish E-ticket and something little kids can do all in one!

4 attractions would make Lost Continent enough of a land that Seuss or Potter wouldn't have to take its land

I still want my Grinch coaster though! :p

- - - Updated - - -

I think they will add some more kiddie stuff.I was in guest services thursday july 4th and two grandparents were there asking/demanding a refund for the Ap's they bought since granddaughter(about 3) could not ride anything.It was at the Studio's.
So since power pass blocked they had to have purchased 2 prefered passes (at least)
They were nicely told since they called Credit card company to dispute charges there was nothing guest services could do.
Those exit surveys they do are read by the higher ups and I wonder how many people complain "not enough for little kids to do"
I know that is Disney's demographic but would they get more thru the gate with more kiddie stuff .Not to mention kiddie stuff is cheaper (in most cases) to build.

Yeah, I'd like them to add more stuff for FAMILIES (JP mine coaster, Lorax dark ride, the axed Discovery Center dark ride, HE, etc). But I'd be fine with a flat ride coming to each land - ones that lets the little kids have some fun while the older ones get to ride the big rides. However, I'd also want some family rides that everyone can do together.

Comcast needs a few family dark rides and coasters before they'll be able to truly compete with Disney.

Honestly, that is their own fault for not doing the research on what the park has to offer. If I'm going to spend money to bring a 3 year old to a park, I want to make sure it has attraction for him/her to enjoy. I don't blindly spend money without knowing what I'm getting.

Yes, Universal could use some more family friendly attractions, but I don't want them to turn into Disney. What makes Universal special is that isn't a big child's playground like Disney, it has thrilling attractions for people of all ages. Honestly, USF has plenty of attractions kids can enjoy (Shrek, Transformers, Simpsons, MiB, KidZone stuff, T2, DM). If your kid can't handle attractions like these they probably shouldn't be at theme parks anyways. IOA needs a few more family friendly attractions, but outside of the coasters and maybe Ripsaw Falls, nothing is too extreme. That park needs the JP family ride were supposedly getting and that is really about it. Because every other island has something a kid can do (Storm Force and Spidey at Marvel, Popeye ride and ship at lagoon, Hipogriff at HP and obviously all of Seuss).

Honestly, that is their own fault for not doing the research on what the park has to offer. If I'm going to spend money to bring a 3 year old to a park, I want to make sure it has attraction for him/her to enjoy. I don't blindly spend money without knowing what I'm getting.

Yes, Universal could use some more family friendly attractions, but I don't want them to turn into Disney. What makes Universal special is that isn't a big child's playground like Disney, it has thrilling attractions for people of all ages. Honestly, USF has plenty of attractions kids can enjoy (Shrek, Transformers, Simpsons, MiB, KidZone stuff, T2, DM). If your kid can't handle attractions like these they probably shouldn't be at theme parks anyways. IOA needs a few more family friendly attractions, but outside of the coasters and maybe Ripsaw Falls, nothing is too extreme. That park needs the JP family ride were supposedly getting and that is really about it. Because every other island has something a kid can do (Storm Force and Spidey at Marvel, Popeye ride and ship at lagoon, Hipogriff at HP and obviously all of Seuss).

:thumbs:

This doesn't occur, families don't just leave little bobby or jennifer on line for Twirl N Hurl while the adults go on the simpsons ride.

That's true but I meant say... the 10 and 12 year olds want to ride the Simpsons ride while the 4 and 2 years old can't go. Mom and Dad take them on Twirl n' Hurl a couple times while the older kids ride Simpsons - it's better than just sitting in the baby swap for every single ride.

I actually agree with this. When I was 8 or 9, I enjoyed all of the parks except Mummy, Hulk, Dragons, Doom, and Ripsaw Falls (considering I went on back in the "no seatbelts or lap-bars - hang on for dear life, folks!!" days :lol: it's understandable but I love it now). Most 4 year olds are between 38"-42": which is also what the average height requirement for most Universal rides are.

Kids are a lot tougher than adults give them credit for! But I'd like to see some family rides so that Disney fans will stop calling it a lavishly themed Six Flags park. WWOHP helped with that and I think the JP expansion will do even more, along with the rumored Lorax dark ride/Seuss expansion too!

Kids are a lot tougher than adults give them credit for! But I'd like to see some family rides so that Disney fans will stop calling it a lavishly themed Six Flags park. WWOHP helped with that and I think the JP expansion will do even more, along with the rumored Lorax dark ride/Seuss expansion too!

I think you mean Pixie Dust Snorters.

Not all Disney fans (me) hate Universal :smiley:

This has seriously gotten off topic but I will chime in anyway. My guess is that most of you that are anti-family rides are under the age of 25. When you have a family with kids that are affected by this you will understand why there is a demand for more family rides. If Universal has all thrill rides and markets themselves to the teenage to young adult crowd they lose out on a lot of potential extra money. Families with kids will spend more on food, shirts, toys and etc...I understand that Disney markets themselves towards families and Sea World does as well. Universal is finally catching up and it will make it a more well rounded park for people of all ages.

Now can we talk about Jurassic Park?

Here's a thought that is completely unrealistic, and very very unlikely to ever happen (did I put enough disclaimers that this is just a pie in the sky notion?) but since there is already a bridge directly from Lost Continent to Jurassic Park, what if they took up the rest of Lost Continent and made Jurassic Park that much bigger? That would allow space for some really cool attractions, animatronic attractions in the Sindbad Theater, and my personal wish list, the Pteradactyl Enclosure with a flying coaster where Poseidon's Fury is now, with the coaster invisible from outside of the enclosure. There's zero chance that this would ever happen, but it's fun for me to think about. The only sticking point is that it's very unlikely they would do away with Mythos for this.

Here's a thought that is completely unrealistic, and very very unlikely to ever happen (did I put enough disclaimers that this is just a pie in the sky notion?) but since there is already a bridge directly from Lost Continent to Jurassic Park, what if they took up the rest of Lost Continent and made Jurassic Park that much bigger? That would allow space for some really cool attractions, animatronic attractions in the Sindbad Theater, and my personal wish list, the Pteradactyl Enclosure with a flying coaster where Poseidon's Fury is now, with the coaster invisible from outside of the enclosure. There's zero chance that this would ever happen, but it's fun for me to think about. The only sticking point is that it's very unlikely they would do away with Mythos for this.

I don't think they would've moved the games if that was remotely an option. Interesting thought though.

Latest pics from Monday of the "games" area!
get-attachment1_zps0f05f1ec.jpg

get-attachment2_zps5d21d489.jpg

^ are those test swatches or actual tiles to be laid? I would say the former as they are each divided with aged effect. Everyone here knows that I am crestfallen at everything that has been done to the original JP of IOA. It was so perfect. This gameland is only more of an insult to my senses.

^ are those test swatches or actual tiles to be laid? I would say the former as they are each divided with aged effect. Everyone here knows that I am crestfallen at everything that has been done to the original JP of IOA. It was so perfect. This gameland is only more of an insult to my senses.

I'm not that great with my IOA history. What all has changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.