Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 914 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good for those areas, but I really hope it doesn't spread any further than that. I'd hate to lose the original John Williams cues from JURASSIC PARK and THE LOST WORLD, and the various other park-specific arrangements that were recorded for the opening of the park.

I like Giacchino, but when you've got Williams, use Williams.
I wouldn’t worry about it. Raptor Encounter and VelociCoaster are JW. Everything else is JP.

Unless they retheme all of JP to JW, I don’t see the JW music spreading out of the JW areas.

EDIT: Do we have any more Lost World music anymore? That played in the Discovery Center waterfront area. We have the main theme playing near the land’s main entrances and the IOA specific tunes playing in the middle. Does some TLW soundtrack play in Camp Jurassic?

Reactions: belloq87
EDIT: Do we have any more Lost World music anymore? That played in the Discovery Center waterfront area. We have the main theme playing near the land’s main entrances and the IOA specific tunes playing in the middle. Does some TLW soundtrack play in Camp Jurassic?

As of January 2020, there was still LOST WORLD stuff playing between the Raptor Encounter area and the Discovery Center/Burger Digs. One of the darker, more atmospheric cues in this mode (though perhaps not this exact piece):

Reactions: Coolbfitz
As of January 2020, there was still LOST WORLD stuff playing between the Raptor Encounter area and the Discovery Center/Burger Digs. One of the darker, more atmospheric cues in this mode (though perhaps not this exact piece):

Oh yes, near the bathrooms behind the games still plays it I believe. I eat lunch at the tables near Predattoria and it plays there.

Reactions: belloq87
This might be a wildly unpopular opinion but I think Giacchino’s JW score is just as good as Williams’ JP score.

Giacchino's JW score is good... but I can't go anywhere near this far! :lol:

Even among his 2015 scores, I prefer TOMORROWLAND and, especially, INSIDE OUT.

But again, if we're talking about incorporating Giacchino stuff alongside Williams stuff, wonderful. All in favor of it. Just don't completely muscle out the iconic classic material for something deemed to be "newer" or "more relevant," or something.

Just thinking Blue Sky here, but how cool would it be if there was a effect on the first launch where the bushes and trees around the track start to shake going in a straight line to suggest that raptors are running next to us. Kind of like the one effect on River Adventure.

Just thinking Blue Sky here, but how cool would it be if there was a effect on the first launch where the bushes and trees around the track start to shake going in a straight line to suggest that raptors are running next to us. Kind of like the one effect on River Adventure.

For the same reason that the raptors are static figures, you probably could never appreciate this from the speed you are traveling.

Still would be cool.

Rumor is that the suits at Busch Gardens believe that Velocicoaster will Grand Open in "late June".
BG thinks UOR will wait to see what bookings are and then open it to fanfare (been running for a month or more at that point) so they can juice the summer numbers? I don't think they will wait that long for the GO

Status
Not open for further replies.