Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same, coming in for the OI meetup on 6.4 - was kinda hoping it'd be open so Hagrid's wouldn't be as insane :grin:

Oh well! Not gonna count on anything, but super excited for everyone who'll get to ride it!

Dang, thanks for posting that. I didn't realize that weekend was OI meetup so I just changed our hotel reservations for the weekend after. Looks like I'll be there for VC opening after all lol

Dang, thanks for posting that. I didn't realize that weekend was OI meetup so I just changed our hotel reservations for the weekend after. Looks like I'll be there for VC opening after all lol

Haha awesome! Glad it'll work out!

You know if Taylor can make it happen he will.

I don't even want to know how many emails/inquiries they got after the announcement. Poor Rebecca was doing double time responding to FB comments (she's awesome).

Either way, can't wait to get some late night shots of the coaster throughout the park. That's gonna be so cool.

Is this going to have a seatbelt and lap bar combo or just a lap bar?
I appears to lower over the shoulders but only a bar coming down across your thighs. I can't see a seat belt but could be wrong. Someone posted pictures some time ago in this thread but a quick search on Google will show pictures as well (in case you don't want to sift through a few hundred pages of content).

I appears to lower over the shoulders but only a bar coming down across your thighs. I can't see a seat belt but could be wrong. Someone posted pictures some time ago in this thread but a quick search on Google will show pictures as well (in case you don't want to sift through a few hundred pages of content).
Yeah, I tried looking on the Google photos and could not really tell. I was hoping someone with inside information would know.
My guess is lap bar but belt attachment to restraints like Hulk (but Hagrid doesn’t even have this so).
Hagrid doesn't have any inversions, though, so that could be the difference.

They keep advertising the air time on this baby and I am trying to figure out how much of that we will actually feel.

My guess is lap bar but belt attachment to restraints like Hulk (but Hagrid doesn’t even have this so).

I can’t really see how a seat belt would fit into the restraint. I don’t think it needs it nor would it be good for capacity.

But I could see it implemented for the theatre of safety.

Has anyone (in the entire span of history) that got to experience something early ever said "It was just alright."

Whether it is seeing a movie early, getting on a soft-opening of a ride, or getting to go through the Beetlejuice house during it's 2-day run... the reviews are always "It WaS tHe GrEaTeSt THinG eVeeR! SuCkS U HaV 2 WaIt!""
I got to see The Mist on a media preview and I think I was the only one who enjoyed it. Everyone I was with hated it but me.

Has anyone (in the entire span of history) that got to experience something early ever said "It was just alright."

Whether it is seeing a movie early, getting on a soft-opening of a ride, or getting to go through the Beetlejuice house during it's 2-day run... the reviews are always "It WaS tHe GrEaTeSt THinG eVeeR! SuCkS U HaV 2 WaIt!""

Fallon. :lol:

While I have no idea if soft's will be running May 15th-19th, it did hit me that another advantage to becoming a AP is I can arrange a quick weekend trip once it's open.

Either way, this is wonderful news! Kinda' crazy just a couple years ago we were getting blown away by Hagrid, and looking over at the construction of this and going "A coaster for JP? Neat!", without having a clue just how neat it was gonna' turn out.
Does being an AP holder mean you're the only ones that can ride it during a soft?

Does being an AP holder mean you're the only ones that can ride it during a soft?

I was more referring to an advantage to being an AP holder makes it easy to arrange a quick trip, as in no need to worry about getting tickets + AP discount for hotels. General softs are open to all.

I was more referring to an advantage to being an AP holder makes it easy to arrange a quick trip, as in no need to worry about getting tickets + AP discount for hotels. General softs are open to all.
Oh gotcha. I wondered if there were any AP previews for AP holders only since this is the 1st and likely last time I'll have one. LOL

Oh gotcha. I wondered if there were any AP previews for AP holders only since this is the 1st and likely last time I'll have one. LOL
That is a maybe, they need to find a way to distribute rides or they will have 6 hour lines again and no one wants that. Pretty sure they will try to spread out the access but who knows, this is new to everyone.

I know some hated the bright orange on the bas relief. Well, looks like they might try something else!

Status
Not open for further replies.