Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 94 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about time we see Universal building something new that has nothing to do with that silly Wizard :troll:

img-thing

One thing, if they're using Thunder Falls, this is news, no?

I thought we were only looking at the old Trike spot being used

Well kind of, to be fair when Disneyhead and I put our minds together we spoke of all rumored additions and chose the ones we'd heard from the most sources. I will say the plot behind Thunder Falls was looked at several times before but most notably in 2001 pre 9/11 for a MAJOR attraction. But it was deemed unnecessary give the crash of tourism and IOA already having this section of the market tied up.

Well kind of, to be fair when Disneyhead and I put our minds together we spoke of all rumored additions and chose the ones we'd heard from the most sources. I will say the plot behind Thunder Falls was looked at several times before but most notably in 2001 pre 9/11 for a MAJOR attraction. But it was deemed unnecessary give the crash of tourism and IOA already having this section of the market tied up.

Okay. So are we not looking at the Trike pad at all then? I would find that strange if that's the case.

Sorry if its hard to see but I outlined some properties in the area to get an idea of relative size etc... Purple is available area behind thunder falls unless they will use that little boat holding area as well. Yellow is Trike and White is the relative size of Popeye (including paths queue etc...) So were looking at something a little smaller than popeye that could fit into that space in terms of layout.

Heck it even seems like the showbuildings for Spidey or FJ could fit in the trike spot. So who knows what we're looking at.

Reactions: Doug A.
Looking forward to this. IoA was hurting yesterday. USF is my clear favorite now. Had to drag myself out of there both days to go to IoA.

USF is making a comeback after IoA has stolen its thunder for quite a while! Diagon Alley should make it even worse :lol: ... BUT! At least they're back to trying to bring some balance by adding new and cool stuff to IoA, with projects such as the new JP attraction(s?)!

The trikes days are numbered but for what is what I'm trying to figure out myself :lol:

They really need to make something of this area. I honestly thought they would've attacked this dead center area before the backstage. But the backstage area makes me more excited as it is bigger and more out of the way, so I see more potential there for a bigger and less restricted attraction :cheers:

Looking forward to this. IoA was hurting yesterday. USF is my clear favorite now. Had to drag myself out of there both days to go to IoA.

I too was in the parks this week. While I follow this site closely, my family are more "casual" fans and even they saw that USF made a HUGE jump since our last visit. IOA indeed was hurting, with FJ down and spidey with an unbearable wait.

I agree, I left the Studios around 3 to go over to Islands. It was really hot and crowded that day so I headed straight to the Backwater Bar for a couple Heinekens. I could see out the window that Forbidden Journey's queue time wasn't listed so I assumed it was down. All the lines were pretty long when I left the bar around 4, I believe JP was at 100. I only rode Doom's single riders which was pretty short. And by the time FJ came back online it started to downpour but still had a 90 mintute line. Then looking at queue time display screen in LC, it seemed like most every ride was "closed to weather". So I headed back to Studios to catch T2 (the crowd applauded loudly afterwards as usual!). Anyways I'm very excited about the addition being official and can't wait to hear more! Thank you for the great news HTF!!

Purple is available area behind thunder falls unless they will use that little boat holding area as well.

That little "pond" is the drainage holding area for JPRA. Unlike Bluto's and Ripsaw, JPRA doesn't pull its water from the lagoon -- it has its own water.

So that can't move to make way for future expansion.

My favourite island on the resort is getting some love. Way sooner than I anticipated too!

Can't wait to see what they do, and the rate they build at. Let's hope it's Transformers pace :thumbs:

That little "pond" is the drainage holding area for JPRA. Unlike Bluto's and Ripsaw, JPRA doesn't pull its water from the lagoon -- it has its own water.

So that can't move to make way for future expansion.

Ohhhhh right right! I forgot thats what that was for. So we're looking at a ride possibly the size of Spidey maybe smaller.

Ohhhhh right right! I forgot thats what that was for. So we're looking at a ride possibly the size of Spidey maybe smaller.

I would think if anything goes in the trike spot, it would be a family dark ride or some sort of theater experience... maybe like the old Alien Encounter only with Raptors?

But I'd definitely be for 1-3 new attractions in JP!! Hoping to hear more soon! :smiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.