Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I'm late to the game but..

Screamscape
General Park News - (4/2/13) Remember that twitter photo of the survey crew in the Jurassic Park area spotted a couple of weeks ago? The actual photo location has been nailed down, and it isn’t next to Thunder Terrace as I had guessed, but it actually to the right of the ride’s entrance not far away from the Pizza Predatoria restaurant. This means that the surveyors were looking in the direction of the JP ride entrance, and in fact, there are now blue markers nailed down into the ground in that very area from what I’m told.

So what can they be doing near the entrance of River Adventure?

This is complete guess work for me, but maybe they're moving it closer to Pizza Predatoria due to something that's going into the Trike Encounter plot or something else in the expansion?

Again, just a hypothesis, if they are indeed doing something to the entrance.

Screamscape
General Park News - (4/2/13) Remember that twitter photo of the survey crew in the Jurassic Park area spotted a couple of weeks ago? The actual photo location has been nailed down, and it isn’t next to Thunder Terrace as I had guessed, but it actually to the right of the ride’s entrance not far away from the Pizza Predatoria restaurant. This means that the surveyors were looking in the direction of the JP ride entrance, and in fact, there are now blue markers nailed down into the ground in that very area from what I’m told.

So does this mean they are looking at building something behind JPRA or at least behind the pizza place?

Is that where that empty lot is ?(junkyard)

So does this mean they are looking at building something behind JPRA or at least behind the pizza place?

Is that where that empty lot is ?(junkyard)

No, the empty lot is back towards Toon Lagoon, not around that area.

I'm guessing they're looking at infrastructure shakeups here to make ready the land for additions, rather than looking at the additions themselves.

Does anyone think the potential success or potential failure of the upcoming 3D re-release would have anything to do with the size and scope of this project moving forward?

I agree that it shouldn't dictate forever, that being said there are plenty of ideas in the two books for tons of imaginative attractions. So many that they wouldn't need to stray from the literature for a very long time.

Literature was the basis for the park when it was designed. That's not going to dictate what they build forever though.

Screamscape

Hm, I wonder what they have planned..

Literature was the basis for the park, but that doesn't mean it should dictate every single step a park takes.

Look at the WWOHP, it's entirely based off the art style of the movies and not that of the books. I think of the parks as being more based on properties that have been read or started as literature, but not entirely based on that.

Example - Popeye might have been a comic, but he is far better known for the cartoon.

I wasn't sure in which thread to put this, but here is my wishful thinking for a reconfiguration of JP near FJ. Excuse the roughness, but it shows the new path along with a new restroom building and a new seating area for the Watering Hole, closer to the water in the old Island Skippers Tour queue. This wouldn't necessarily correct the FJ show building and sight line issues discussed on this board, but it would create more of a buffer and allow for possibly enough of a FJ queue expansion to avoid going backstage or into JP during busy periods.

fjjpredesign.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.