Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cold? Why you say that?
Didn't mean to sound impatient or overly anxious. I know the processes of an expansion can be slow moving. I just asked because of I was putting all wrong pieces of the puzzle together; midway games coming, JP4 delayed, people keep mentioning a new Seuss addition. A misunderstanding on my part. I need to do a better job staying in the loop.

My only fear about a possible expansion delay is this:

If the expansion did plan to tie into JP4, it would have worked out. JP4 was set to start filming in about a month, thus the script and visuals would have been locked. The recent news about them going back to scriptwriting means a lot can change, and as such may affect the JP expansion. This is all a lot of what ifs, but I suppose it is very feasible. I guess it also depends on how much needs rewritten.. the set pieces may stay the same, only the pacing and character beats changing. Time will tell.

If the JP4 rumor about it being an open and operating park is true, I can imagine it has a ton of potential for ride tie ins.

My only fear about a possible expansion delay is this:

If the expansion did plan to tie into JP4, it would have worked out. JP4 was set to start filming in about a month, thus the script and visuals would have been locked. The recent news about them going back to scriptwriting means a lot can change, and as such may affect the JP expansion. This is all a lot of what ifs, but I suppose it is very feasible. I guess it also depends on how much needs rewritten.. the set pieces may stay the same, only the pacing and character beats changing. Time will tell.

If the JP4 rumor about it being an open and operating park is true, I can imagine it has a ton of potential for ride tie ins.

I believe it was the opposite. Apparantly Universal wasn't as happy with the scale of the film, in terms of wanting the action to be bigger and the set pieces to be larger, which required them to give more cash to the production, redo concept art, and start production design and VFX work all over again. Uni wants JP4 to be a memorable summer blockbuster worthy of the franchise, so they're sinking even more cash into it than they originally thought they would, to ensure a better, more epic end product.

I believe it was the opposite. Apparantly Universal wasn't as happy with the scale of the film, in terms of wanting the action to be bigger and the set pieces to be larger, which required them to give more cash to the production, redo concept art, and start production design and VFX work all over again. Uni wants JP4 to be a memorable summer blockbuster worthy of the franchise, so they're sinking even more cash into it than they originally thought they would, to ensure a better, more epic end product.

Yeah.. I saw that also. However, it doesn't line up with other stuff but I don't want to step on more toes, because I apparently did so last week. Perhaps both are true. Perhaps the story WAS more epic, and needed a new budget worked out, but also needed more time to smooth out rough edges. The entire crew was let go, implying a longer hiatus than just re-budgeting, and other movies-news sites suggested the script was rushed and needed more time in the oven.

How freaking sweet would it be to be driving down I-4 and seeing the JP showbuilding with a giant Ingen logo on the side..

I mean it's not much but it would certainly build for anticipation

With so many of them in the Lost Continent and Toon Lagoon as it is one would hope maybe they could get rid of some of those, particularly in Lost Continent and attempt to do a few smaller things with those spaces.

With so many of them in the Lost Continent and Toon Lagoon as it is one would hope maybe they could get rid of some of those, particularly in Lost Continent and attempt to do a few smaller things with those spaces.

I think these are the games from Lost Continent. I wouldn't mind if they all went extinct though (pun intended.)

From what I understand they'll be closing those in LC, and putting nothing in their place (storage, etc). That is so they do not but into the transition to Potter.

Status
Not open for further replies.