Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 424 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I think too much has been focused on the will they/won't they change it to JW thing. I think if they do "retheme" JP to JW in IOA, all it's going to entail is some changing signage and that's about it

Spitballing here but if Beijing is also getting a JW coaster (according to the layout that leaked) and we are also getting one and both open in 2020, could it be possible they are both the same exact ride?

Spitballing here but if Beijing is also getting a JW coaster (according to the layout that leaked) and we are also getting one and both open in 2020, could it be possible they are both the same exact ride?

Nope, sadly. Hopefully it ends up in the new park in some way, whether it’s Jurassic World or it gets themed to something else.

Y’all can decide if it means anything or matters, but PFlyers just got a new chain on their lift hill.

I heard the delay was finding a contrator/crew at a reasonable price. Orlando's labor market is very tight right now. So they were just going to use crew working on Potter.

That may have changed.

This sounds about right. Construction was to have started by now. So maybe it’ll be late 2020 instead of summer 2020?

Reactions: Disneyhead
The coaster won’t be announced until after D23. It will be similar to the flying dinosaur with a launch.

You said this once, but can you give a source? Or are you just going to say a prediction and call it as a rumor.
This sounds about right. Construction was to have started by now. So maybe it’ll be late 2020 instead of summer 2020?

If it's just a mostly bare coaster, with the only theming being most likely in the queue; then I don't see the need of concern for them needing to start now.

Just found these little beauties:

:) This makes me happy to see.

This is the rumor, yes. With raptor entrance where some of the games are now.

:) What I'm also hearing.

I mean, if it's just a coaster, I don't see why they can't have it up and running in a year

This. It wouldn't take that long to complete they layout. Bulk of the work of course will be station and see below....

I don’t think it’s just a coaster. We’ll probably see some other major changes as well, but not Jurassic World theming.

I don't think we'll see much JW stuff around the ride itself, but as stated in the video....ride is HIGHLY rumored to be JW. I think it's funny that we already have Blue in the JP area and no one mentions it.

The ride is certainly just a coaster. There's no major show scenes or buildings needed.

Just a coaster...but I'm hearing there might be one small show scene at the beginning of the ride and that's it.

I don't think we'll see much JW stuff around the ride itself, but as stated in the video....ride is HIGHLY rumored to be JW. I think it's funny that we already have Blue in the JP area and no one mentions it.

In all fairness, Blue was promoted by Universal Orlando too as if "yeah, she's here too.." ;)

That said, it should be relatively easy for them. And considering it's just a coaster and not having a lavish indoor set of showbuildings, it shouldn't take as long as others may be thinking. The only quarrel though, could just be footers and land clearing, but that could go quick depending on things.
__
That said..I am curious if River Adventure gets redone by 2020; considering the rumored completion date of the coaster (and that Hollywood is now underway on it's conversion).

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Status
Not open for further replies.