Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 879 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a closer shot of the stators, they are dual purpose but normally they'll just be acting as trims. I assume the main reason they went with LSMs rather than normal brakes is because retractable fins wouldn't be possible with this track style and they needed more control than static brake fins would give them.

They will not be acting as trims. The real reason for the LSM stators are because of stall potential on the top hat. Instead of building an ugly platform / stairs...this is what we get should a stall happen. The train will be pushed over and no one needs to climb.

I've personally witnessed the train be boosted over from an almost rollback and it has been stated by engineers that they will "rarely ever be used."

Last edited:
Do we know if the lagoon’s water level will rise at all, or will this be the final look?

The amount of hate flying dinosaur gets is honestly kind of uncalled for. There's a huge road clearly visible behind San Francisco/Jurassic park... it's not like Universal Japan is this crazy immersive park:shrug:
3zu6xzevzyf11.jpg

Reactions: WillQ92
The amount of hate flying dinosaur gets is honestly kind of uncalled for. There's a huge road clearly visible behind San Francisco/Jurassic park... it's not like Universal Japan is this crazy immersive park:shrug:
3zu6xzevzyf11.jpg

Considering the amount of variety USJ has, a small price to pay. Sightlines are nice but if it's between that and getting a kick-butt coaster I'll choose the latter.

(I'm not saying I want everything to be a thrill coaster. You need a healthy amount of dark rides/family rides in the mix as well. But I think a couple different types are more than welcome. VC and FD together (they don't necessarily have to have the same themes of course) would be :love: .)

Reactions: Trumen882
And yet, through the magic of patience, it no longer matters.
Let's hope the bushes grow fast

3zu6xzevzyf11.jpg
Yeeeaah....but it's like the best flyer in the world so I'm kind of torn lol

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
That fence is definitely about to be covered up with thick tropical foliage. Not sure what all the panic is about. They’ve been considerate of everything else and you think they’d leave that bare. Don’t think so...

Status
Not open for further replies.