Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 882 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't say I disliked them. Just that this is a big improvement over the artificial falls. They serve their purpose, but it's not anywhere near the impact, or look, of the real thing. Universal out Disneyed Disney on this feature.
Twenty years ago the falls would probably have been reversed. A good example of how far Universal has come with their theming.
There are real waterfalls directly below the fake ones? And another under the floating mountains. And a wall of them across the land. Pandora is littered with real waterfalls.

If there’s actually one thing this ride’s scenic design hasn’t done, it’s impress me with water features lol. This waterfall is just fine. Camp J is just down the street and offers The Most Gorgeous waterfalls in IOA, and this one is still beautifully crafted. It also lends itself to the sound experience of River Adventure’s entrance, in a way. (That whole queue deserves so much more... thoughts for an eventual land re-theme.)

Anyways. I wonder how few is few.

Reactions: SkiBum
The one thing that I see with waterfalls is that it is hard to get the scale right when trying to build a large waterfall. The sheer volume of water and the way it falls makes it difficult to replicate. The water feature shown on this ride seems almost perfect for the intended scale.

Reactions: violarum
The one thing that I see with waterfalls is that it is hard to get the scale right when trying to build a large waterfall. The sheer volume of water and the way it falls makes it difficult to replicate. The water feature shown on this ride seems almost perfect for the intended scale.
It'll look neat as you're zooming by too.

Which is why the faux falls in Pandora are a brilliant effect.

It’s one waterfall y’all it’s not some radical game changer here :lol:

Which is why the faux falls in Pandora are a brilliant effect.

It’s one waterfall y’all it’s not some radical game changer here :lol:

To be fair, we have fewer visible changes at this point and thus a waterfall represents the next step toward opening. It would be torture for me to go to IoA right now and see that coaster but not be able to ride it.

Also, while I have watched the videos that demonstrate the fake falls, my nearsighted eyes cannot see it when I am in Pandora. So, from that distance, fake or not doesn't matter. I remember riding Radiator Springs Racers and thinking that the waterfall there, while nice, doesn't come close to the grandeur of the one in the movie. Then I got over myself and just appreciated the ride.

Reactions: Legacy
I mean.....if it looks virtually done scenic-wise and it's safe enough for actual people to ride it....I think a May soft opening is VERY feasible. However, this is Intamin so I'm sure there will be some surprise technical issue.
Exactly. I've gotten the story from someone on the UC team months ago that they are trying to have it ready for a spring soft opening. Which I specifically asked April/May. I got a head nod. I'll leave it at that. Who knows what could happen between now and then?...

Status
Not open for further replies.