Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 883 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My bets are on late March early April.

You might be onto something. I remember seeing an ad for a ticket package that was using the promo images of the coaster that said "Planning on visiting after March?"

With JW3 being pushed to 2022, there's no reason to hold out to June to capitalize on cross-promotion hype. It's a new world we're in here. With covid capacity restrictions, anything could be on the table for this thing. Long soft open period, or even opening it with zero fanfare are all potentially on the table.

Reactions: BBPH
You might be onto something. I remember seeing an ad for a ticket package that was using the promo images of the coaster that said "Planning on visiting after March?"

With JW3 being pushed to 2022, there's no reason to hold out to June to capitalize on cross-promotion hype. It's a new world we're in here. With covid capacity restrictions, anything could be on the table for this thing. Long soft open period, or even opening it with zero fanfare are all potentially on the table.

I don’t see the usual softs happening, crowds of people hanging around the ride entrance wouldn’t look great. I wouldn’t be surprised at an official preview with reservations more like SNW. From what we can see the ride is running great, so scheduling a preview should be relatively easy.

It’s a great idea to get this open in the slower season before summer and not having 11 hour Hagrid queues.

My bets are on late March early April.

When we start seeing multiple trains cycling at once I will get more excited about softs or previews. So far, to my knowledge, it has only been testing one train on the track at a time, right? We've seen a few different trains, but they always swap them out each time for testing.

I'd imagine they want to get the multiple train capacity tests done and solidified so we don't end up with another Hagrid situation. Granted it'll be much easier with this ride, but I'm still waiting till we start seeing it before getting excited about previews just yet.

AP Early Access reservation would do wonders for preventing opening day crowds and increase attendance over the summer since we're finally looking at a good % of the population receiving the vaccine by then.
They did for Fallon. I like previews, so much less stressful than waiting for softs.

Universal teasing us today... "Everything you wanted to know about the VelociCoaster" except an opening date lol

Those fake waterfalls in Pandora are one of the coolest touches in the whole land! Plus there's an actual (quite tall) real waterfall coming off one of the floating mountains, too.

Waterfalls of any size, in any location, at any Orlando resort, I'm all in favor of.

Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you’re used too!

Reactions: violarum
They did for Fallon. I like previews, so much less stressful than waiting for softs.

Universal teasing us today... "Everything you wanted to know about the VelociCoaster" except an opening date lol

Previews seems more controlled as well...in our current state of things

It might be a bad look if a big crowd is standing around all day outside of the ride entrance waiting for softs

For local schools (Orange County) Spring Break is March 15-19th. For most other districts it's either March 29-April 2nd, or April 5-9th. Those weeks will see peak crowds coming to the parks and would be likely candidates for a new ride openings as an extra draw. I expect that some if not all of the four local new attractions (Velocicoaster, Ratatouille, Iron Gwazi, and Ice Breaker) may be eyeing openings in that time frame.

For local schools (Orange County) Spring Break is March 15-19th. For most other districts it's either March 29-April 2nd, or April 5-9th. Those weeks will see peak crowds coming to the parks and would be likely candidates for a new ride openings as an extra draw. I expect that some if not all of the four local new attractions (Velocicoaster, Ratatouille, Iron Gwazi, and Ice Breaker) may be eyeing openings in that time frame.
For IG, Grand Opening maybe. I expect softs sooner than that.

For VC, keep in mind they haven't even finished the entrance. It will be a hot minute before it can soft.

Given the parks limited capacity at the moment, what would be the point in rushing velocicoaster opening that early since they are likely to hit capacity anyway?

Given the parks limited capacity at the moment, what would be the point in rushing velocicoaster opening that early since they are likely to hit capacity anyway?

While idk that is a reason to rush the ride, the queue lines add overall capacity to the park, meaning they can sell more tickets daily.

Reactions: Legacy
Status
Not open for further replies.