Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 900 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the Signage, looks exactly like what I saw on set for the Gentle Giants Petting zoo. Just because I haven't been in over a year, where is the explorer now? I'm assuming it was moved for construction. Would Love it if the Rex and the explorer were paired up again. That is Assuming if the Rex is ever coming back.
Explorer is as of this week, still along that pathway where the arrow is pointing. I’m imagining they’ll move it.

And yes about gentle giants, that was my first thought too!!

Reactions: 12th Man
so im guessing the "story" is this is a roller coaster built to go through raptor paddocks? As an attraction in the JW theme park? How meta.

Now retheme the rest of the land with that aesthetic please

I am on board with this now. It's easy to think "I only care about the first film, I don't want to see that aesthetic go away", but I feel like switching over to JW would be a good refresh for the land and it would fit in really well, even if I care very little about the new film series.

I am on board with this now. It's easy to think "I only care about the first film, I don't want to see that aesthetic go away", but I feel like switching over to JW would be a good refresh for the land and it would fit in really well, even if I care very little about the new film series.
I don’t even need everything to “switch to JW”. I just think the land could benefit from aesthetic upgrades throughout

I don’t even need everything to “switch to JW”. I just think the land could benefit from aesthetic upgrades throughout

That's fair. If they upgrade the signage and other aesthetics, then I hope they go all the way with it. I think JP has always been a lackluster land in the park and a more unified JW theme could help things.

That's fair. If they upgrade the signage and other aesthetics, then I hope they go all the way with it. I think JP has always been a lackluster land in the park and a more unified JW theme could help things.
See, I’ve always thought it was the best land pre-Potter. I still think it’s great. But it could definitely be much more than it is. In a perfect world they’d use some of the work they put into Beijing and make the land a WWOHP level environment

Love the Signage, looks exactly like what I saw on set for the Gentle Giants Petting zoo. Just because I haven't been in over a year, where is the explorer now? I'm assuming it was moved for construction. Would Love it if the Rex and the explorer were paired up again. That is Assuming if the Rex is ever coming back.
The Explorer is down the path heading towards the waterfront in between the DC and the Watering Hole

last time I was on River Adventure (about a year ago, a day after annual renovations), it looks REALLY rough. If they don't make it into JWorld like California, it still needs an extensive overhaul. My bet is they will eventually convert it though.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Move or REmove?

I feel like after the Rex, nothing is assured.
Hopefully if it is removed, they bring it to a good home. In addition to being one of the most photographed vehicles in the world on a daily basis, it's a legit prop from the movie that's arguably priceless to some people. From the Boneyard photo op to IOA, it's always been around to be appreciated- although it barely survived the Blackstone era.

Reactions: belloq87
I think if they tried to close down The River Adventure, it would really bring down the whole JP Land for the time being, but NOW with a brand spankin' new Jurassic World themed Velocicoaster, it'll bring a ton of attention to the area, so if they wanted, they could close down River Adventure to remodel to JW. My theory anyways.
Since Jurassic World isn't coming to Epic Universe, they may just go ahead and rebrand IoA as well like Hollywood did.

Honestly I wouldn't mind, because the Jurassic Park theme is aging at IoA. And they aren't even trying to improve or remodel it, that's why the River Adventure is looking bad. If there was a choice to keep it as is, or get brand new state of the art refurbished design, I'd take that.

Jurassic World is fantastic, I loved the movies and the theme park look and all. The movies may have had a few plot holes, but you gotta admit they knocked it out of the park in terms of how the park looked and operated. I'd go there in real life if it existed!

(Plus if they largely removed the main three domes on the Discovery Center to remodel into looking like the Towering Samsung Innovation Center, I'd absolutely love it.)

Reactions: HalfGlass
I think if they tried to close down The River Adventure, it would really bring down the whole JP Land for the time being, but NOW with a brand spankin' new Jurassic World themed Velocicoaster, it'll bring a ton of attention to the area, so if they wanted, they could close down River Adventure to remodel to JW. My theory anyways.
Since Jurassic World isn't coming to Epic Universe, they may just go ahead and rebrand IoA as well like Hollywood did.

Honestly I wouldn't mind, because the Jurassic Park theme is aging at IoA. And they aren't even trying to improve or remodel it, that's why the River Adventure is looking bad. If there was a choice to keep it as is, or get brand new state of the art refurbished design, I'd take that.

Jurassic World is fantastic, I loved the movies and the theme park look and all. The movies may have had a few plot holes, but you gotta admit they knocked it out of the park in terms of how the park looked and operated. I'd go there in real life if it existed!

(Plus if they largely removed the main three domes on the Discovery Center to remodel into looking like the Towering Samsung Innovation Center, I'd absolutely love it.)

I think it will inevitably happen, JPRA has been in bad shape for a long time but I can’t see it happening any time soon.

It would make sense to start in the winter months when less people want to ride but I can see the 2022 season being a little crazy with restrictions being lifted plus having the hot new ticket in the immediate area, having it open is a good way to thin out the crowds.

Reactions: IndyRs
Status
Not open for further replies.