Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 903 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People *love* Blue...Making the raptors loveable was an interesting move but it caught on

What do you mean? Like from scratch?

Yes. Thinking of rides that exist but would never get built today. Beijing provides a look at what rides would get built today, but even then there's some quirks--it's probably the only one that won't get Nintendo, for instance.

Smart for marketing, bad for storytelling. Feeds into the overall sense that the JW movies (save for maybe the last half hour of FALLEN KINGDOM) really have the edges sanded off.

I'm of two minds. For JW's faults, I found Indo to be quite frightening, in large part because of what it represents. Gave me XS Tech vibes.

The ride (and overall land) in China looks pretty cool, though again it makes me try to pretend Transformers doesn't exist.

Last edited:
My biggest issue with the JW movies is that they took the adventure and fear out of them. They’re basically action movies now. You wouldn’t see Alan Grant punching a room full of baddies like Owen does in Fallen Kingdom. Also making the Raptors, the scariest part of JP, the good guys was the dumbest move story wise. They sold out for merchandising. Ugh. I’m really holding out hope that Dominion gives us slower, more in depth storytelling with a sense of adventure and fear again. That’s the problem with movies these days, they cater to shorter attention spans so they move fast and have a lot of cuts.

Anyway, I think Velocicoaster would’ve benefited as being presented as a rollercoaster that JP built for guests instead of going into the Raptor paddock itself. Because that would never happen in the movies or the books.

Last edited:
My biggest issue with the JW movies is that they took the adventure and fear out of them. They’re basically action movies now. You wouldn’t see Alan Grant punching a room full of baddies like Owen does in Fallen Kingdom. Also making the Raptors, the scariest part of JP, the good guys was the dumbest move story wise. They sold out for merchandising. Ugh. I’m really holding out hope that Dominion gives us slower, more in depth storytelling with a sense of adventure and fear again. That’s the problem with movies these days, they cater to shorter attention spans so they move fast and have a lot of cuts.

Anyway, I think Velocicoaster would’ve benefited as being presented as a rollercoaster that JP built for guests instead of going into the Raptor paddock itself. Because that would never happen in the movies or the books.
You are right regarding JW, but turning the silly knob up and make the coaster go trough the raptor paddock makes a fun coaster experience so in that respect I'm fine.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the third Jurassic World. They tease dinosaurs going to cities and stuff...but they also teased that in the Jurassic Park series and it was just a 15min segment. If they wanted to re-skin the water ride I guess that would be OK, but Jurassic Park is an all time classic and directed by Steven Spielberg so you'd think keeping it would be something they'd want to do. It would be like re-doing the MIB ride to have Chris Hemsworth instead of Will Smith. Going more timely at the expense of losing an absolute classic. Redoing the Mummy to be Tom Cruise. Redoing Harry Potter land to follow Fantastic Beasts or whatever the new series is called.

I'd love a Jurassic World ride that's similar to JPRA, but throughout the ride, you're warned that the Indominue is loose and there's parts of the ride where the trees are shaking, and the speakers play LOUD bass foot stomps and low growls. Building the suspense.
Maybe a section that shows ruins of JP visitors center you can look at as the ride goes by. And then features a fast drop at the end or something shocking.
If only...

I'm very happy for the new Velocicoaster, but I'll be forever salty that Epic Universe didn't just include a Jurassic World section like Bejinng has. It looks beautiful!!
Main Street is a perfect opportunity to land some name brand stores and restaurants for that land and a beautiful view of a blue lagoon with a model mososaur built under the water.

Played around with an idea....
20210303_192553.png

Last edited:
Yesterday I got to see it in person for the first time since before the lockdown and I am really impressed with the way it fits into the area now, like it was always there. I wasn't sure when it was all construction walls, but the finished product feels like it belongs there.

I walked a full loop of both parks yesterday and I was struck by how full of motion IoA looks compared to Studios. It's really starting to feel off balance with lack of big, visible E-tickets in Studios compared to IoA.

You know, now that I think of it, I feel that if universal doesn’t add more E-tickets by the time Epic Universe opens, they run the risk of having more attendance at IOA and EU.

I'd love a Jurassic World ride that's similar to JPRA, but throughout the ride, you're warned that the Indominue is loose and there's parts of the ride where the trees are shaking, and the speakers play LOUD bass foot stomps and low growls. Building the suspense.
Maybe a section that shows ruins of JP visitors center you can look at as the ride goes by. And then features a fast drop at the end or something shocking.
If only...

I'm very happy for the new Velocicoaster, but I'll be forever salty that Epic Universe didn't just include a Jurassic World section like Bejinng has. It looks beautiful!!
Main Street is a perfect opportunity to land some name brand stores and restaurants for that land and a beautiful view of a blue lagoon with a model mososaur built under the water.

Played around with an idea....
View attachment 14142
I thought this was such an obvious choice from every angle. They could save money cloning a land and fill some space with an IP that will probably stay within the public consciousness for a while. Just like JP, you might not know who the hell any of the people are in the queue, but you know what a dinosaur is and that's enough. I've heard people say that JP and JW don't deserve separate lands because the IP isn't big enough, but I disagree. If HP can get three lands, Jurassic should be fine with two. I'd love to see them revisit the original gyrosphere ride design in the future and put it in EU, but either way what's a Universal park without a ride using the Spiderman system?

I'm not mad though. I'm glad EU will be so unique among the Uni parks.

Reactions: IndyRs
Status
Not open for further replies.