Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 911 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They don’t look done which is why I imagine they’re still behind the work walls.
Yea that’s what I was thinking. They only just now added the paint touches to the statues.

Everyone’s always nitpicking things before they’re done at the parks, so was surprised no one was talking about these yet. ;)

So we are going to see raptors for maybe 20 seconds? Then fly by statues of the raptors, what’s the main price that separates this from other coasters? I’m very hyped but just want to get some discussion about this.

So we are going to see raptors for maybe 20 seconds? Then fly by statues of the raptors, what’s the main price that separates this from other coasters? I’m very hyped but just want to get some discussion about this.
Hella theming. Presumably a bumping soundtrack, ala Hulk. Killer lighting package. Oh, and you go upside down over a lagoon once.

Reactions: JoeCamel

The main "price" is that they spared no expense :)

Fastest Universal coaster ever, dual launches up to 70mph, insane 150ft tall tophat, a boatload of inversions with NO shoulder restraints, 100 foot long zero g stall, etc, etc, etc. If you're implying only 20 seconds of raptors is an issue, think of the theming on other fast moving coasters like Hulk as well as Batman, Superman, Kinda-Ka, etc from Six Flags...where there is no theming other than the queue and launch station. You're going too fast to enjoy anything. The coaster is also in such a small area that you couldn't do any kind of Hagrid's level theming for stuff you can't focus on anyway due to speed, being upside down, doing barrel rolls, etc. It flies over and next to other Jurassic-themed scenery (Discovery Center, Costa Rica-esque plants, etc) so you do have that.

Hm, do the vehicles have on board audio? I don’t see anything that looks like speaker grills on them. I think all audio will be in the paddock area pointing at the vehicles as they pass the raptors and launches.

Something I've been meaning to ask has just come to mind - what is Universal's policy for wearing prescription glasses / sunglasses on the rides with metal detectors to prevent any carry on items? I'm pretty sure I've worn them on the Hulk before but may have held them in my hand. Are they allowed on? Do you have to have a strap?

Reactions: Coasted
Something I've been meaning to ask has just come to mind - what is Universal's policy for wearing prescription glasses / sunglasses on the rides with metal detectors to prevent any carry on items? I'm pretty sure I've worn them on the Hulk before but may have held them in my hand. Are they allowed on? Do you have to have a strap?
They always let me ride with glasses, even without a strap.

I wear them and have never been asked about a strap. Only time I lost a pair was a wave from behind in Tulum so it's not like they would come off unless they start head banging me and I wouldn't ride if it did.

Reactions: JustLikeMe
You mean like the 5 second flyby of disco Yeti?

Reactions: faceleg
I bring a strap for my prescription glasses. Same strap used when I go white water rafting. Never had a problem getting on a ride. If i somehow lost my glasses that would be a huge problem. So yeah. Strap basically required for me

I bring a strap for my prescription glasses. Same strap used when I go white water rafting. Never had a problem getting on a ride. If i somehow lost my glasses that would be a huge problem. So yeah. Strap basically required for me
Ever since masks I started using a strap, as they don't stay snug anymore on their own.

Yeah... I generally hold my glasses onto my face if I’m not wearing contacts. I’m so afraid of them coming off, and then I’d be blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.