Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 912 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a little confused when they started ageing the building, now it’s starting to look that way...

The part hiding the launch is awfully tacky.
I know Universal knows how to grow real vines...I've seen them do it lol

There might not be room, who knows

I thought this was supposed to be sleek and modern but I guess not

Maybe I'm misjudging the story :shrug:

Reactions: Yung1522 and BBPH
I know Universal knows how to grow real vines...I've seen them do it lol
Yes! The port of entry bridge and the city walk fossil store had great live walls. Between this the three broomsticks patio it's like someone accidentally ordered a pallet of this stuff and they're trying to use it up.

I'm sure in person it won't catch your eye the way that these pictures frame it though so that's a good thing

I get what they’re trying to go for, but it’s just far too consistently placed and grown in to give me realism. The fake plants growing from the rockwork were so much better in terms of quantity and composition imo.

Reactions: JoeCamel and Clive
I like it.
When my idea on the story is right then this is an old animal exhibit and guests got bored (just like in Jurassic World) so they added to coaster to it.
For that story the area needs to be looking a bit run down and this fits the bill perfectly.

When my idea on the story is right then this is an old animal exhibit and guests got bored (just like in Jurassic World) so they added to coaster to it.
Non-story characters in the Jurassic World franchise are just fickle, bored, and cynical teenagers.

I mean in canon this is supposed to be a building on an island in the jungle and the habitat is reflective of one that dinosaurs would live in in the wild.

Not that much of a stretch or "tacky".

Reactions: Legacy
I keep seeing people talk about the story of the ride. Didn't one of the early releases say something about going on a hunt with raptors? I always assumed this was something like the scene in the first JW where Owen was training the raptors to hunt with humans. Owen and the team were all in all-terrain vehicles and riding through the jungle along side Blue and the rest of the pack as they hunted. Seems to make the most sense to me. We are in JW vehicles rushing through the jungle with a pack of raptors on a hunt. And then I assume something goes wrong. Which would be a first in JP/JW world..

I like it.
For that story the area needs to be looking a bit run down and this fits the bill perfectly.
Ok, I love it

But something has to go horribly wrong though

Reactions: joelbryant11
So we are going to see raptors for maybe 20 seconds? Then fly by statues of the raptors, what’s the main price that separates this from other coasters? I’m very hyped but just want to get some discussion about this.

I think all the theming is well worth it. Going on coasters where it's built over pavement or gravel is so ugly...this will be lush and beautiful to look at from all angles. Since you are moving fast they can get away with statues, instead of animatronics.

Reactions: cwoms1991
Status
Not open for further replies.