Jurassic World | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
From Aint It Cool:

Ain't It Cool News got a chance to talk to The Wolfman director Joe Johnston and the interview briefly turned to the possibility of a Jurassic Park 4. Johnston directed the third film in the franchise, which was released in 2001.

"There is a great story for the fourth one that I would be interested in getting involved with and it's nothing like the first three," Johnston told the site, "It sort of takes the franchise off in a completely different direction, which is the only way I would want to get involved."

He added that it likely won't be another storyline about a group of people struggling to survive a dinosaur attack. "We've done that and it's been done three times..."

The site commented that they should stay away from an island setting this time. "Why would anybody go back to that island?" Johnston said. "It was hard enough to figure out the second and third reason for them to go, but it would take it off in a whole other trilogy basically, but when it gets to that level it's sort of about studios and Steven [Spielberg's] thing and who knows. I think we are at that point where we are due for another one if we are going to do it."

I hope it isn't that stupid genetically smart dino storyline. :doh:

I hope we can get a new attraction for JP. Hopefully this can make it relevant again.

A new movie will not necessarily warrant a new attraction for Jurassic Park. Also, much of the land set aside for a possible expansion of the island has been set aside for Harry Potter, so I really doubt we will see another attraction anytime soon.

A new movie will not necessarily warrant a new attraction for Jurassic Park. Also, much of the land set aside for a possible expansion of the island has been set aside for Harry Potter, so I really doubt we will see another attraction anytime soon.

I know, it's just it probably has a higher chance of getting one with a new movie now than without one. It's been kinda irrelevant for a few years now, hopefully this will change that.

I know, it's just it probably has a higher chance of getting one with a new movie now than without one. It's been kinda irrelevant for a few years now, hopefully this will change that.

Again, there is no available space in JP for another attraction. They would have to remove something in order to do so.

Again, there is no available space in JP for another attraction. They would have to remove something in order to do so.

This is not quite true. As you enter JP from Toon Lagoon, there is a huge area to the left which is now used only as a staging area. It was always intended for possible expansion.

jp-space.jpg

This is not quite true. As you enter JP from Toon Lagoon, there is a huge area to the left which is now used only as a staging area. It was always intended for possible expansion.

jp-space.jpg

I don't think UO would use that area for expansion. From the looks of the picture, it is used for storage only and has backstage access roads, which cannot be rerouted, again from the looks of the photo.

I don't think UO would use that area for expansion. From the looks of the picture, it is used for storage only and has backstage access roads, which cannot be rerouted, again from the looks of the photo.

It's only used for storage. That area though is saved for expansion however.

Fourth Trip to Jurassic Park: New Trilogy Planned?

Because you can't keep a good prehistoric reptile down, the Jurassic Park franchise is once again stirring somewhere on a Caribbean island, itching to once again take over the world. Yes, director Joe Johnston, while doing the rounds for The Wolfman, has been discussing plans for Jurassic Park IV.

Talking to BoxOffice.com, he said, "Well, there is going to be a Jurassic Park IV. And it's going to be unlike anything you've seen. It breaks away from the first three—it's essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy. It's going to be done in a completely different way."

He wouldn't discuss story with them, but he said, "We don't want to make sequel after sequel just because there's a market for it. We want to tell different, interesting stories."

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=26719

I agree with BriMan.(I knw the start of this thread was from 2009) Joe Johnston is not the worst director by far but in the past he has shown interest to that Dino concept that sounded more like Deep Blue Sea than Jurassic Park.

With the fourth one they better get EVERY character back that they can from the first one.

BREAKING... uhm, check out the shooting board at Universal Hollywood. Dinos, anyone?!?!?
http://twitpic.com/3okpss

Why? The 3rd was alright but one more? I don't like this & I think Universal (or whoever is making this) needs to respect Michael Crichton death and not make this come to the screens also I hope Steven Spielberg isn't in on this. :pray:

1st JP was a masterpiece. 2nd was ok. 3rd sucked. If this is anything less than as magnificent as the original, the producer will be recieving a strongly worded letter...

Well Crap, look what I found:

Jurassic Park III director Joe Johnston revealed in an interview in January 2010 that Jurassic Park IV was set to be the beginning of a second Jurassic Park trilogy.[46] He also added, “Jurassic Park 4 is going to be unlike anything you’ve seen.”[47] According to a new interview conducted in 2010 by Drew McWeeny with Joe Johnston on the website Behind the Films, a new script is under works with a different idea behind it. Johnston says once he finishes Captain America, he hopefully will develop Jurassic Park IV with Steven Spielberg. Joe Johnston enthusiastically has confirmed the likelihood of the film's production more than once.[48]

I hope Steven is out on this and not found on the credits.

Last edited:
Could be good, could be awful.

Jp 3 was lightyears ahead of 2. 2 felt like Godzilla with JP dinos. By the second half it was them having fun with early CGI and what they could have the Trex eat next. Neither are close to the original.

With the fourth one they better get EVERY character back that they can from the first one.

I loved JP, liked the second, and hated in the third, but at this point I would like to see an all new cast and see the story be totally redone with no mention of the first trilogy. New cast, new dino's, new story, and go a little darker with the story line. God why does Chris Nolan have to be busy.