Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World

I finally just saw this.

And so many of you disliked JP 2 and 3???

The solution and grand climax to the movie was completely implausible. That was a guest area!!! That was a guest railing!!! If it could be a solution at that point, then thousands of guests would be in danger on a daily basis!!!

I bought the trained raptors, the CG was epic, the old JP compound had me verklempt with vapors - loved it.

The acting and script was grossly shallow... yet I held out. But the end climax... puleeezzz!

I finally just saw this.

The solution and grand climax to the movie was completely implausible. That was a guest area!!! That was a guest railing!!! If it could be a solution at that point, then thousands of guests would be in danger on a daily basis!!!

I bought the trained raptors, the CG was epic, the old JP compound had me verklempt with vapors - loved it.

The acting and script was grossly shallow... yet I held out. But the end climax... puleeezzz!

I'm in the minority as for The Lost World, I enjoy it. Definitely more than JPIII but there were really good qualities about TLW that made it good for me.

JPIII however...if this shot from JW doesn't describe it; I don't know what does.

upload_2015-10-21_21-9-28.png

I finally just saw this.

I like to know what your expectations were. You don't go and see Fast and Furious expecting Macbeth. Same applies here

I like to know what your expectations were. You don't go and see Fast and Furious expecting Macbeth. Same applies here
I'm assuming you're quoting a post that I have on ignore or something but I'll throw in my two cents anyway because I really, reallyyyyy disliked Jurassic World. My expectations were probably unrealistic given the crazy amount of money and good reviews the movie was getting, but nevertheless, all I wanted were dinosaurs attacking people in a theme park. What I got was people running away from dinosaurs in a jungle...just like the last three times. The ONLY time the park came into play was in the beginning BEFORE all hell broke loose--it was just like "hey look, we designed a theme park for the movie, aren't we clever?" Where were the rides full of people getting torn apart by dinosaurs? After the initial exposition, the ONLY action we got in the park was the flying dinosaur scene, and even then, it was just dinosaurs attacking crowds of people which was done better in Lost World.

Also, the movie was just so freakin cheesy. It didn't gel at all with the darker tone of the previous movies, which were more sci-fi horror than straight up creature feature. But I still could have been ok with them going in that direction (balls to the wall dinosaur action) if they didn't pack in so much unnecessary fluff and bad dialogue.

I guess you could say I expected a worthy sequel to the Jurassic Park franchise but instead got something related to Jurassic Park in name only.

A movie about a theme park full of prehistoric creatures has some parts that are implausable......
YOU_DONT_SAY.png

A movie about a theme park full of prehistoric creatures has some parts that are implausable......
YOU_DONT_SAY.png

Right. I found JP plausible. I found II and III "plausible". I viewed all four accepting that recreating dinosaurs was currently implausible. World was the best CG of them all... but the end annihilated the possibility that this park could have ever been in business in the first place. That could have been solved with the slight modification of knocking the character over the edge of a steeper wall and then the rest could have unfolded.

I really really really detest people who imply that others are nitpicky or pretentious for disagreeing with their opinions. What was I expecting from JW? Not much. I was however expecting tension and a small amount of intelligence. There was no tension whatsoever. This was all full-throttle action and blockbuster chaos while chastising the consumer for wanting such things. If the point of your movie is that audiences want bigger and better without expectation of real progress, then maybe make a movie that doesn't cater that very desire.

Again, don't ask the audience to think about how superficial they are and then give us a superficial film. Like I said before, the "errors" in judgement in this film go beyond belief. Walking into the I-Rex pen without first checking security film or its monitoring device? Lazy writing to get to the anarchy quicker. Having an escape plan that takes hours to implement? No park of this magnitude and this level of danger could operate that way. But again, how else do you get to make a scene where Pterodactyls tear people apart? The moral of JW: "You're an idiot for wanting dumb, homogenized spectacle. Now here's some dumb, homogenized spectacle."

Last edited:
You know, this is the one thing I've grown to hate about the Internet. We've allowed it to make us so negative. I loved Jurassic World. I left with a big smile on my face and will be buying it on Blu-Ray soon. Others didn't like it as much, or outright hated it. This is the problem that people aren't getting: all of the above are ok. Jymmymack seemed to have certain expectations for the film and an issue with what he feels was hypocrisy in the message of the film versus how it was made. There's nothing wrong with that. Teebin found elements of the climax to be implausible. Nothing wrong with that. The problem arises when people feel the need to tell individuals that don't feel the way that they do that there is something wrong with the way they think. Here's the fact: every one of us went into that movie (and for the record, this isn't about one movie) with different expectations, excitement levels, misgivings, whatever you want to call them. Some of us loved it, some of us hated it, some fall somewhere in the middle. As I said, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, but that doesn't mean I feel the need to belittle the opinions of those that didn't, regardless of their reasoning. Something to think about.

Very random, but I found this film on the TV today. Sat on the porch, grabbed a brew, and ordered some wings and am watching. I absolutely love this film for a popcorn flick, I think they did a really great job with it and the world building here. Also makes me wish I was in Orlando but, nonetheless, love this one.