Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Kennywood Park

I’ll be there on the 20th with @Joe, so I’m super happy for this news!
There's only one location in the park that serves beer/alcohol/wine. But, fortuitously, it's along the now smallish lagoon, and only a couple of feet from the SC track. So you & Joe should have a great vantage point while downing a few brews.

They were doing test runs all day yesterday. It's looking pretty smooth. The clean up of the construction around, and under, the coaster still has a good ways to go. Kind of looks like Sapphire hotel grounds. the week or two before it opened. They did install a patio seating area, and eliminate the dead end past the Racer, that construction had caused. And... riding the Racer coaster is really enhanced by having the Steel Curtain adjacent to it. ....Excellent fireworks last night, 30 minutes long. Seemed to go on forever.

They were doing test runs all day yesterday. It's looking pretty smooth. The clean up of the construction around, and under, the coaster still has a good ways to go. Kind of looks like Sapphire hotel grounds. the week or two before it opened. They did install a patio seating area, and eliminate the dead end past the Racer, that construction had caused. And... riding the Racer coaster is really enhanced by having the Steel Curtain adjacent to it. ....Excellent fireworks last night, 30 minutes long. Seemed to go on forever.

They’re doing 24 hour testing. Anyway can’t wait to ride it in a week *looks around*

They’re doing 24 hour testing. Anyway can’t wait to ride it in a week *looks around*
I told Alene I was going to stop in the park next Thurs' or Friday for an hour or two in case they soft opened. We'll be in Ohio the 13th, but I would never ever stand in a long line for a grand opening anyway :lol:. I have an AP and only live 6 or 7 minutes away so I can stop any slow weekday and give it a ride.

That rattling is... concerning.
I think it's just a poorly mounted camera. If you pay attention to the chassis itself, it looks pretty stable on the track. I wouldn't be too worried about it as Maxx Force just opened and I have yet to see any complaints about it being shaky, but we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out tomorrow

I think it's just a poorly mounted camera. If you pay attention to the chassis itself, it looks pretty stable on the track. I wouldn't be too worried about it as Maxx Force just opened and I have yet to see any complaints about it being shaky, but we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out tomorrow
I never heard any of that noise when standing right under the coaster during it's test runs....unless this is something new that popped up.

Theme Park Insider writer Russell Meyer just rode it during the media event and gave it a really nice review. He's often tough on his reviews, since he's generally a coaster technical geek, so that's a good sign coming from him.........and....James Hilston of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette just gave it a very good review. after riding it in the fog early this morning.....and from ThrillGeek twitter, "WOW! What a fun coaster! Really smooth! Overall a fantastic coaster and a very comfortable ride overall! Kenny Kangaroo has a touchdown."

Last edited:
Did it leave? Why?
Earlier this season mgt. cut out the real cheese on the famous Potato Patch Fries, and then they replaced Heinz Ketchup (that originated in Pgh.) with some lesser brand. People flipped out. There was a big uproar through the local news media and social media. People were talking about boycotting the park. Parque Reundio backed down quickly......My guess is they've been cost cutting to make their books look better since they are being acquired by another company. It also looked liked they skimped on off season painting in the park too.

Last edited:
I was there this morning and got 7 rides on it. It’s pretty great. I actually prefer the 2nd half of the ride, where it has a touch of a Maverick flavor. And yes, it does vibrate a bit, but it doesn’t take away from the ridability.

I’d write more, but have to board my plane back home... but if you view my Twitter (same screen name as here), I have a LOT of posts and pics.