KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s going on right in front of the E.T. entrance and gift shop? Correct me if I’m wrong but it looks like there’s concrete walls going up in front of them. Huge bottleneck if true.

Wouldn't be a bottleneck if that strip just becomes part of the new E.T. queue with the entrance shifted accordingly. Interesting regardless.

Then you'd have the store entrance to worry about. Honestly. does ET garner that much traffic at its entrance? Could it be worst than the locker situation at forbidden journey?

Then you'd have the store entrance to worry about. Honestly. does ET garner that much traffic at its entrance? Could it be worst than the locker situation at forbidden journey?
Store entrance can shift to the current temporary E.T. entrance? There are lots of possibilities with minimal construction but I agree I don't think there would be much of a bottleneck even if everything is kept as-is.

Damn. My dream of a new (and less hideously barren) E.T. entrance has officially been squashed. So will the new entrance to the Dreamworks area be on the other side of the divider they're building but pushed further back into the land or will it remain where the old Kidzone entrance was but with E.T. randomly sitting next to it? The unthemed concrete makes me think they will in fact be separately themed areas.

Damn. My dream of a new (and less hideously barren) E.T. entrance has officially been squashed. So will the new entrance to the Dreamworks area be on the other side of the divider they're building but pushed further back into the land or will it remain where the old Kidzone entrance was but with E.T. randomly sitting next to it? The unthemed concrete makes me think they will in fact be separately themed areas.
There’s something about the “stuck in time” nature of some of the restrooms at the resort that I find fun. Kidzone, BMG, and the Citywalk ones next to Voodoo Doughnut all feel like I’m time traveling. Anyway…

There’s something about the “stuck in time” nature of some of the restrooms at the resort that I find fun. Kidzone, BMG, and the Citywalk ones next to Voodoo Doughnut all feel like I’m time traveling. Anyway…
I fully agree there.

I'm especially sad about losing the Barney bathrooms. They were so isolated and quiet and the theming was hilarious to me for some reason.

And yes - the bathrooms behind Voodoo feel very 90s still lol

I really think a lot of what's going on right now (not all obviously), but I do think there is a focus on making sure that at least temporary pathways to get to the HHN houses are done in time for the queues. They're obviously focusing on the project at hand, but I think they also want to make sure that HHN will be as smooth as possible.

Also, PLEASE paint the exterior of those bathrooms while working over there.

I really think a lot of what's going on right now (not all obviously), but I do think there is a focus on making sure that at least temporary pathways to get to the HHN houses are done in time for the queues. They're obviously focusing on the project at hand, but I think they also want to make sure that HHN will be as smooth as possible.
I'm guessing the concrete wall they are constructing could be used as a divider between ET/Storepants and the new land? It would solve the problem of AA and ET just sitting next to the land awkwardly.

If so, they could complete the flooring around ET and push the work walls back to allow the entrance/exit for B79 to breathe. I still think B108 will enter somewhere in Springfield or by the Sprungs, with B79 and B108 exiting where they typically do.

Also, PLEASE paint the exterior of those bathrooms while working over there.

That was always my assumption, but I'm not seeing obvious work towards that. They'd have to have any paths done 2 months from now. While they could knock it out pretty quick with motivation, I'm just not seeing any signs they are going to have the path up the middle done by then. The Exit path from last year that took you by ET will likely be ready. But they are going to have to get on it if they are going to put a queue through here.

Unless the queue would go by ET. That's a possibility for the Parade building I guess.

Agreed, with what they have in place so far, they'll still be able to have the parade houses renter the park via E.T.

Right now, there's doesn't seem to be enough for a house portal, granted that can certainly change in the coming months. But I can imagine they'd get one ready for the old parade building, especially if they're keeping the same entrance and exit for that particular house.

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
That was always my assumption, but I'm not seeing obvious work towards that. They'd have to have any paths done 2 months from now. While they could knock it out pretty quick with motivation, I'm just not seeing any signs they are going to have the path up the middle done by then. The Exit path from last year that took you by ET will likely be ready. But they are going to have to get on it if they are going to put a queue through here.

Unless the queue would go by ET. That's a possibility for the Parade building I guess.
I think the B79 (old Parade) will have it's path done. B108 (New Parade) seems like it will need to enter somewhere else, probably by the Springfield service yard gate or worse. That is unless they get going on some sort of temporary path really quick.

I think it would make sense for them to make sure a pathway is done, and hopefully at least the front portion of the walls moved back to allow more breathing room back there.

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
Do we have any solid ideas as to what show they’re putting in the Barney theater?

Also, general assumption is ET and Animal Actors join Hollywood? Or go under DreamWorks Kidzone?

Reactions: tankart150
Status
Not open for further replies.