King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Different. It will be a solid E-Ticket attraction. And a lot of fun.
When you say "solid E-Ticket" that really makes my expectations get a lot bigger than what you've been touting it as. From what i've gathered from your posts, it seems a tad bit more than a general overlay. One of the main preshow rooms housing a giant Kong AA and the subway part at the end cutting the studio theme to basically be Kong 3D during that part. Even if i'm right here, I still have questions because it definitely could become an E-caliber experience. I only have a small idea of what it may be like and not even the whole building filled in in my mind. Hopefully you're right.

When you say "solid E-Ticket" that really makes my expectations get a lot bigger than what you've been touting it as. From what i've gathered from your posts, it seems a tad bit more than a general overlay. One of the main preshow rooms housing a giant Kong AA and the subway part at the end cutting the studio theme to basically be Kong 3D during that part. Even if i'm right here, I still have questions because it definitely could become an E-caliber experience. I only have a small idea of what it may be like and not even the whole building filled in in my mind. Hopefully you're right.

IMO, and in no way I am trying to represent what DH knows or believes, this is something that is going to be overvalued because of what it is. And I'm not necessarily using overvalued in terms of something being overrated. It's just that Kong is one of the bits of nostalgia Universal has to work with. People have been dying to see him back. So naturally, part of the experience will be getting to see the King again. I'm sure Universal is cooking up a unique and great experience, but whatever it is will be getting a sort of artificial boast by the awe of seeing Kong again.

Different. It will be a solid E-Ticket attraction. And a lot of fun.

And it will have 3D glasses. But I do believe that we will get at least one REALLY big AA.

What!!!!!!! A ride Universal is building using 3D glasses..... I cant belive that, they never do stuff like that.... Ho Hang On Arghhhhhhhhhhh

So um....

If this ride is also going 3-D...

Why doesn't Universal just give you 3-D glasses at the entry to use all day in the park...seeing as how almost every attraction in a few years will be 3-D, it'd make sense. Lol

Terminator
Shrek
Despicable Me
Transformers
Kong
Gringotts....

That's a lot of 3-D for one park. Save the workers some time!

So um....

If this ride is also going 3-D...

Why doesn't Universal just give you 3-D glasses at the entry to use all day in the park...seeing as how almost every attraction in a few years will be 3-D, it'd make sense. Lol

Terminator
Shrek
Despicable Me
Transformers
Kong
Gringotts....

That's a lot of 3-D for one park. Save the workers some time!

That's less than half the attractions at Universal Studios......

Yes, but when you think about it, it may not be out of the question to think that they might SELL 3D glasses soon. If they personalized them to the rides, I can see it being something that people could possibly be interested in.

Thank you! And if you think about it there's only one more 3D ride left in the ENTIRE resort. Of more than 30 rides and attractions over the span of two world class theme parks there are only 7 3D rides. That includes DA and Kong. When the number of 3D rides outweigh the number of normal rides get back to me...

I hope that'll be it for 3D attractions after Kong, as I think anymore than that would feel like overkill. I'd say Shrek should get replaced with a dark ride when its time comes.

Yes, but when you think about it, it may not be out of the question to think that they might SELL 3D glasses soon. If they personalized them to the rides, I can see it being something that people could possibly be interested in.

I don't know, maybe...but it seems kinda odd to think people would buy glasses just to use them one time and then be done with it (assuming they're out-of-town vacationers of course). Also, imagine the amount of "cheating" that would go on in movie theaters if 3-D glasses were readily available without having to buy 3-D tickets...I feel like The Cineplex would kinda be hesitant about this.

I do wish at least Kong wont be 3D. I think it's fine with the amount they have now and especially with Gringotts coming. So why not just make it like the old ride but new?

Because they don't have enough room. The Mummy/Kong show building is huge...when Kong was in there, it was a short and simple loop layout, even with all that space available. To do a King Kong ride justice, you need big sets. The Disaster building doesn't have the luxury of a lot of room. And when you consider that the HE blocks any possible expansion opportunity, you realize that what's in Disaster now is pretty much all you're gonna get as far as physical sets--that leaves no room for the large scale effects and sets that were present in the original Kongfrontation which took up the entire Mummy building.

To achieve the scale of a good Kong ride while still effective,y utilizing the relatively small Disaster building, 3-D is pretty much Universal's only option.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope that'll be it for 3D attractions after Kong, as I think anymore than that would feel like overkill. I'd say Shrek should get replaced with a dark ride when its time comes.

I don't think Shrek is going anywhere anytime soon--it's still the chief attraction used in marketing The Studios (similar to Potter or Spider-Man for IOA), and one of the only family properties present in Universal. And he's still popular to most people who dont realize how poorly-done the show actually is :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.