King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ok. I can see both happening at this point. Wouldn't be surprised if actual construction started in a week or two

I think it will come out faster depending on opening of potter. if potter is as big as the first opening, I will say we will see a 2015 opening because of high cash flows. Interactive wands, ice cream and the weasley store are going to kill it. Butterbeer ice cream on a hot sunny day?

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

They are going to rake in the money and they are going to go full steam ahead on Kong.

Why wouldn't they go full blast on kong? 2015 is the 25th ann. of USO. Kong IS what made USO.

And as I read on twitter...

"Its like Kong leaving was the beginning of the Dark days at USO, him coming back means those days are over..."

Last edited:
Reactions: Jenstar
Didn't take any photos, but a lot of tourist were looking over the gate for this "rumored" attraction today. People are interested I can tell you that. They were working fast. The transition between Toon and Jurassic is different. The trees on the backside of that churro cart used to cover up a lot.

I'd prefer they take their time (uni timeline) with Kong and use the extra money in areas that need quick builds like potter, transformers, kid zone etc.

Kong is off to the side and doesn't have as big an impact on crowd flows as all the others do. That bridge around Hogwarts and the confined walkway at diagon were not pleasant at all. Plus streets randomly closing at the studios to bring in equipment caused quite a bit of confusion.

Well if the kidzone rumor is true and it's seriously coming down in fall, then I could see kong being transformers where kidzone is potter, meaning kong comes out in 2015 just to fill in before kidzone in 2016 or 2017. That's my prediction. I personally don't see universal taking a year long break especially with the rumored frozen next door

I'd prefer they take their time (uni timeline) with Kong and use the extra money in areas that need quick builds like potter, transformers, kid zone etc.

Kong is off to the side and doesn't have as big an impact on crowd flows as all the others do. That bridge around Hogwarts and the confined walkway at diagon were not pleasant at all. Plus streets randomly closing at the studios to bring in equipment caused quite a bit of confusion.
Agreed. KidZone needs the most attention since it's going to leave Universal without 6 major kid-friendly attractions (I'm expecting Animal Actors, KidZone Pizza and E.T. to be the first part that's finished... March 2015 sounds about right) But that still leaves 4 kid-friendly attractions plus whatever backstage/expansion space they use for roughly a year (expecting a summer 2016 opening). HHN will also be affected considering 2 houses tend to be in this region. So I would wager fast-tracking construction here is more crucial than Kong. But I'm expecting Kong sometime between June 2015-December 2015.

Kong is an E-ticket, but no guest paths are going to be shut down for its construction aside from moving the sign further in. Same thing with a JP expansion/JW overlay if they ever happen.

Well if the kidzone rumor is true and it's seriously coming down in fall, then I could see kong being transformers where kidzone is potter, meaning kong comes out in 2015 just to fill in before kidzone in 2016 or 2017. That's my prediction. I personally don't see universal taking a year long break especially with the rumored frozen next door
Something like this would be the perfect timetable for Universal expansion.

Kong, new nighttime shows for both parks, Fast and Furious to replace Disaster, and the Gardens of Allah museum - 2015
KidZone, Hotel 5, Mummy upgrade/refurb and JP expansion (my desired one: a JW overlay, JPRA revamp, observation tower in CJ plus some AA dinos sprinkled here and there, Discovery Center and Burger Digs repossessed for Mr. DNA dark ride featuring interactive Discovery Center exhibits as the queue, and maybe an aquatic themed coaster? could go over the lagoon? family coaster of course... suspended ride vehicles themed to the new aquatic dino, rockwork, waterfalls, a cave, maybe a few triceratops AAs... that'd be a nice addition. Keeping it from ruining the Discovery Center sightline would be key) - 2016
Waterpark, Shrek & Twister replacements, Seuss takes over LC - 2017
World Expo revamp, TL expansion/revamp (front area gets totally removed, Dudley either removed or finished, Popeye gets some love, same for Olive), and Hotel 6 - 2018
Mystery plot expansion opens, 3rd gate announced - 2019
Seuss dark ride, Production Central revamp - 2020
3rd gate opens on October 1st :lol:, Hotel 7 opens on October 1st :lol: - 2021

That'd be a killer 7 years... if we got half of that, we could consider ourselves lucky!!

Something like this would be the perfect timetable for Universal expansion.

Kong, new nighttime shows for both parks, Fast and Furious to replace Disaster, and the Gardens of Allah museum - 2015
KidZone, Hotel 5, Mummy upgrade/refurb and JP expansion (my desired one: a JW overlay, JPRA revamp, observation tower in CJ plus some AA dinos sprinkled here and there, Discovery Center and Burger Digs repossessed for Mr. DNA dark ride featuring interactive Discovery Center exhibits as the queue, and maybe an aquatic themed coaster? could go over the lagoon? family coaster of course... suspended ride vehicles themed to the new aquatic dino, rockwork, waterfalls, a cave, maybe a few triceratops AAs... that'd be a nice addition. Keeping it from ruining the Discovery Center sightline would be key) - 2016
Waterpark, Shrek & Twister replacements, Seuss takes over LC - 2017
World Expo revamp, TL expansion/revamp (front area gets totally removed, Dudley either removed or finished, Popeye gets some love, same for Olive), and Hotel 6 - 2018
Mystery plot expansion opens, 3rd gate announced - 2019
Seuss dark ride, Production Central revamp - 2020
3rd gate opens on October 1st :lol:, Hotel 7 opens on October 1st :lol: - 2021

That'd be a killer 7 years... if we got half of that, we could consider ourselves lucky!!

You and your time frames.... too much each year!

Hahahaha

2015: Kong, Gardens of Allah, new nightime show for USO, new parade of USO, hotel #5, some citywalk additions
2016: Kidzone... maybe waterpark (because waterparks are not as intensive to build as themeparks. However if there are flumes and raft rides, watercoaster, then spring 2017. Remember they want to be open by spring 2016, not late 2016, waterparks arent appealing in winter so they would openin spring 2017. some citywalk additions and 1 possible overlay).
2017: most likely a waterpark unlike any other which will thwart any momentum avatar might bring. Btw, if they do begin construction in 2014, then we can expect a better waterpark due to cashflows. If they are willing to drop down 50M per year on the water park for 3 years, you have just created the words most expensive waterpark. And a 200 foot volcano? Interchangeable slide concept? AA's, sets, preshows for water rides? They will beat out Disney's two waterparks and can safely remove WnW and those guest to the new waterpark and begin their I. Drive expansions.

After that, its anyones guess.

I won't go any father than that. We don't know enough currently. And some years will have both hotel and ride upgrades. I've heard a rumor about another building at the RP, the two towers at CBBR and of course ride upgrades on E.T., the mummy is due for one and JP

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd be happy with just one of those things per year. Being realistic here. :lol:

Yeah, I'd be happy with just one of those things per year. Being realistic here. :lol:

Well we've heard every major expansion plot will have something going on it by 2019. And KidZone is probably the last major thing coming to USF for a few years.

IOA is supposed to get some love. And Comcast seems a lot more aggressive than TDO so I wouldn't be shocked getting two things each year (one for USF, one for IOA). Gotta be realistic though :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

You and your time frames.... too much each year!

Hahahaha

2015: Kong, Gardens of Allah, new nightime show for USO, new parade of USO, hotel #5, some citywalk additions
2016: Kidzone... maybe waterpark (because waterparks are not as intensive to build as themeparks. However if there are flumes and raft rides, watercoaster, then spring 2017. Remember they want to be open by spring 2016, not late 2016, waterparks arent appealing in winter so they would openin spring 2017. some citywalk additions and 1 possible overlay).
2017: most likely a waterpark unlike any other which will thwart any momentum avatar might bring. Btw, if they do begin construction in 2014, then we can expect a better waterpark due to cashflows. If they are willing to drop down 50M per year on the water park for 3 years, you have just created the words most expensive waterpark. And a 200 foot volcano? Interchangeable slide concept? AA's, sets, preshows for water rides? They will beat out Disney's two waterparks and can safely remove WnW and those guest to the new waterpark and begin their I. Drive expansions.

After that, its anyones guess.

I won't go any father than that. We don't know enough currently. And some years will have both hotel and ride upgrades. I've heard a rumor about another building at the RP, the two towers at CBBR and of course ride upgrades on E.T., the mummy is due for one and JP

I'd say JP getting something and a Seuss addition are likely. Just got put on the back burner to get Kong and DA done. USF will be great after KidZone so IOA should be the focus for additions.

Well we've heard every major expansion plot will have something going on it by 2019. And KidZone is probably the last major thing coming to USF for a few years.

IOA is supposed to get some love. And Comcast seems a lot more aggressive than TDO so I wouldn't be shocked getting two things each year (one for USF, one for IOA). Gotta be realistic though :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say JP getting something and a Seuss addition are likely. Just got put on the back burner to get Kong and DA done. USF will be great after KidZone so IOA should be the focus for additions.

even with kidzone, transformers, springfield and DA, they still have world expo, ffl and MIB mystery plot which is empty. those three areas combined is close to 1/5-1/4 of the parks space. I will call it now. MIB will be gone after waterpark opens. MIB/mystery plot will become something before FFL becomes MoM.

actually, now that I look at it, those three areas are more like 1/4

even with kidzone, transformers, springfield and DA, they still have world expo, ffl and MIB mystery plot which is empty. those three areas combined is close to 1/5-1/4 of the parks space. I will call it now. MIB will be gone after waterpark opens. MIB/mystery plot will become something before FFL becomes MoM.

actually, now that I look at it, those three areas are more like 1/4
Mom?

Okay, wait. Why are we suddenly saying MIB is on the way out? I don't get that impression at all.

Okay, wait. Why are we suddenly saying MIB is on the way out? I don't get that impression at all.

Everything except JP, Marvel, HP, Kong, Suess and any new IP's brought to USO are safe. MIB is an awesome, probably the best shoot em up, but the location is awkward. Unless they turn the MIB mystery plot into a futuristic city with star trek, i dont see it happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts