King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 106 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire Avatar land will be one ride. It's my understanding the dark ride has already been dropped off the budget. That leaves one ride, a gift shop, and a counter service restaurant...the same as Kong.
But apparently avatar will be more about the interactivity of the land rather than the ride itself. Basically what I'm asking is will you get a more complete experience out of kong (surrounding land too) than avatar?

I just want to see a 5 year old Princess Precious Snowqueen after this little "[HASHTAG]#FamilyFriendly[/HASHTAG]" adventure.

I just hope they go all T1000 with the giant bugs. Bwahahahahah!

"You're not in Kansas anymore."

The entire Avatar land will be one ride. It's my understanding the dark ride has already been dropped off the budget. That leaves one ride, a gift shop, and a counter service restaurant...the same as Kong.
The boat ride has not been dropped. That rumor has been shot down multiple times.

Could someone post a bulleted statement of what is believed to be true about this ride thus far? The rumored transport and visuals?
Since the recent budget cuts I hear the RV is going to be a Hay Cart pulled by a John Deere tractor. And the visuals are going to consist of about 15 homeless guys in costumes. The Kong costume requires 3 guys standing on each others shoulders.

I just want to see a 5 year old Princess Precious Snowqueen after this little "#FamilyFriendly" adventure.

I just hope they go all T1000 with the giant bugs. Bwahahahahah!

"You're not in Kansas anymore."

This is going to be a ride my 5 year old brother is going to love. Finally something with no height requirements

- - - Updated - - -

Since the recent budget cuts I hear the RV is going to be a Hay Cart pulled by a John Deere tractor. And the visuals are going to consist of about 15 homeless guys in costumes. The Kong costume requires 3 guys standing on each others shoulders.
"I'm comfortable with saying this will be better than gringotts"- jungleskip

It'll be REALLY awkward when Disney fans say Universal only does screen based rides when their major e-ticket for 2017 is all screens, and Universal's major e-ticket in 2016 uses tons of AAs, physical sets, and additional 3D screen segments.

It'll be REALLY awkward when Disney fans say Universal only does screen based rides when their major e-ticket for 2017 is all screens, and Universal's major e-ticket in 2016 uses tons of AAs, physical sets, and additional 3D screen segments.
Don't worry, the Disneyphiles will find a whole list of reasons as to why Soarin' Over Pandora is better than everything on the planet

the last 3 major attractions to come to UOR were all screen based. Kong is rumored to have lots of screens as well. So I kind of understand the criticism.

Disney's recent additions have been 2 small dark rides, and a meet and greet. They actually need a good screen based attraction. I am guessing Avatar will fill that void. Just hoping they don't kill the boat ride.

It's funny how so many of you call out "pixiedusters" or "snorters" or whatever, but this board rivals some of the other fanboyish stuff I've seen on WDW Magic. I'm not sure why there has to be a "theme park war", but I suppose people need something to root for.

I like to read news about upcoming attractions, construction progress, rumors, etc. This Disney and disney fan bashing stuff I could really care less for, and kind of makes the board less sophisticated to me. It's jsut all so boring.

I love both theme parks. Can't we all just get along?

Reactions: Doug A.
And for the record, I am much more excited for this Kong ride/land, then the Avatar land. However, I feel like Disney REALLY needs something groundbreaking again, and it would be awesome if Avatar delivers on that hope.

And for the record, I am much more excited for this Kong ride/land, then the Avatar land. However, I feel like Disney REALLY needs something groundbreaking again, and it would be awesome if Avatar delivers on that hope.

Yea. I think Avatar is going to be a really good looking land. I'm just not sold on the attractions yet. Interested to hear some real details on the E-ticket

Disney fans are basically high school sluts. They're pathetically easy to make fun of and purposefully get themselves into situations where they know they'll be bashed. You could end pretty much any Disney joke with the punch line of it's fan base and you'll get a big laugh. I agree with Rino that it's just pointless and childish to make fun of them now because what more can you really say? Id just let them be until one of them actually does something semi threatening (doubt it)

Disney fans are basically high school sluts. They're pathetically easy to make fun of and purposefully get themselves into situations where they know they'll be bashed. You could end pretty much any Disney joke with the punch line of it's fan base and you'll get a big laugh. I agree with Rino that it's just pointless and childish to make fun of them now because what more can you really say? Id just let them be until one of them actually does something semi threatening (doubt it)

Cole, I understand that this board is all ages, and I am open to all opinions and discussion, but I gotta say..sometime you really show your age. Not that it's a bad thing, just may want to think out some of the comments you make. I stopped reading at High school sluts.

Reactions: andrew

This whole post makes me a little sad. Actually, this whole argument has made me sad for a long time.
I have been going to Disneyland about once every two years from the age of 3 to 18 and I am a huge fan of that park. I never really got into WDW as it just never had the same feeling or appeal to me even though I have been there a good half dozen times. I think Disneyland always felt more intimate and easy to navigate which I still to this day enjoy and I like most of the cloned rides at Disneyland more than the ones at WDW. Heck, I like it so much that I brought my wife there for part of our honeymoon.
That being said, I love Universal to but it is reversed as I like USO more than USH (which, until recently, I had been to more times that USO). The tram tour at USH is cool, but I never did it more than once in any of my visits. Adding Fallon makes it even less attractive to me now. I like USO for having superior versions of most of what was on the tram tour (at least it used to).
At the end of the day, I just like themeparks and I am happy that Disney and Uni are going head to head as it will force each of them to up their game. This to me is something to get excited over.

Now, on the Kong front, we have heard that the facade is going to be massive, but do we know that they plan on making the interior scenes as high as the facade? Also, could they pull an Indiana Jones Adventure move and have us using steep winding ramps to move between multiple floors (assuming there are multiple floors inside) instead of an elevator?

Cole, I understand that this board is all ages, and I am open to all opinions and discussion, but I gotta say..sometime you really show your age. Not that it's a bad thing, just may want to think out some of the comments you make. I stopped reading at High school sluts.

Yeah sorry I was just looking for an analogy that would fit in, I'll tone it down next time because it was a bit immature

Status
Not open for further replies.