King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Falcon's Fury.

Oh silly. :rofl:

Let me just say this, it's always easy to differ trips and travel plans based on whats coming up next. And then doing it again with whats coming next. And again. And again. It happens in technology, and with vacations. It's BS.

Wow! Construction is really moving fast now. I know Spring 2016 is the desired date, but ccan we actually see this done by late 2015?

BTW, awesome photo updates guys! This is why OU is the supreme site for all your UOR news!

It's within 10 or so feet of being as tall as Dudley Do Right! It's going to have a great presence and judging by current height I think we could see a 100ft tall facade structure. Going to be very interesting to see this progress, I'm super excited!

It's within 10 or so feet of being as tall as Dudley Do Right! It's going to have a great presence and judging by current height I think we could see a 100ft tall facade structure. Going to be very interesting to see this progress, I'm super excited!
Yes, I've said it previously, but I'm extremely excited about this coming attraction too. This will help balance IOA with the Studios park. My next Universal vacation will be timed with this opening. We just spent 5 weeks in 11 months on three Universal vacations so we are taking a brief pause..... I just hope they give plenty of lead time for it's soft opening so we don't encounter similar opening problems they had with Gringotts, which probably needed another month or two in the testing phase. So I hope Universal takes it's time instead of rushing it's opening. Diagon Alley expansion was so fantastic and over the top that Universal won't need another buzz for marketing for a good while.

You are 100% right. FWIW, Old Town is closing all of it's rides in the back to expand more retail :)

Really? That is dumb. They barely fill the stores as it is. Every time I go there, there is an empty store and for sure a store I used to go has been replaced with another dumb store. Old Towne doesn't seem as popular as it once was and I would think less attractions and more retail would make it even less popular.

Old town is going through a massive rebranding. They are removing the low end carnival rides (allowing Fun Spot next door to do the heavy lifting in that dept.) and trying to go for a little more upscale demo than they have historically gone for.

Hutspah! I challenge them to outdo Oceaneering and the Scoop. No friggin way will they do that. Oceaneering and the Scoop is the truth.

I'm stumped as to how you could actually improve the SCOOP. The thing has pitch, yaw, roll, 360 degree rotation... and it's probably only used at 20% of its potential. I'd love to hear people's thoughts.

I'm stumped as to how you could actually improve the SCOOP. The thing has pitch, yaw, roll, 360 degree rotation... and it's probably only used at 20% of its potential. I'd love to hear people's thoughts.

If I were to develop a new ride system it would basically be the scissor lift part from Kong with an inverted scoop vehicle. It would be a great ride system that could simulate a helicopter ride. I think it would work if they did a gidzilla ride where you were getting evaced by copter and it goes all wrong. Lol. It would be thrilling since it plays on people's anxieties of flying. And the climax could be a falling tailspin of the copter that you pull out of at the last second.

Status
Not open for further replies.