Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott’s Scary Farm 2019

Even with all my cynicism, I never thought Red Barn II: Gunslingerz Grave would be a possible thing in this day and age. Just take two of the worst mazes of the last decade and just mash 'em together because... budget?
That's just legitimately awful

Even with all my cynicism, I never thought Red Barn II: Gunslingerz Grave would be a possible thing in this day and age. Just take two of the worst mazes of the last decade and just mash 'em together because... budget?
I really enjoy some of Gus’ stuff, but why take the worst aspects and put them together? Like, dark Entities was my favorite maze last year (The depths was probably the best, but personal preference and all), and his storytelling got way stronger, but, just, ugh, why?

Shadowlands & Special Ops are both being retired this year. However, @Midsummer Night Scream, Special Ops & Dark Ride are both getting two new rooms and new monsters.
Special Ops: Convience Store w/ themed zombie & Meat house w/ themed zombie
Dark Ride: Security/Surveillance Room & Gift Shop (at the end) w/ inept employee. New monster: warped Baby that was raised by the clowns.

I think they could keep Paranormal Inc., but they need to change the story. But I also think this will be the last year, especially with the Ghost Town expansion from Ghost Rider's double gates to the double gates by the Birdcage Theater.

That's legitimately a huge assumption considering the size of the new section they are building outside of the dance hall (which neither RB or GG had), and it's called Gunslingerz Revenge.

*Stares in Trick or treat lights out*

If you're just talking about the name being boring, not sure what else they could have called it that conveyed it was the same maze, but a little different haha.

IMO, Trick or Treat's updated "lights out" version was awesome. It took a maze that was getting tired and breathed new life into it. The explore-the-haunted-house thing is never not a cool idea and the flashlight's tech kept it unique.

I always liked Trick or Treat anyway because it felt very traditionally Halloween and that overlay only added to it for me.

The Red Barn II name just sounds like a play on horror movies to me.

If you're just talking about the name being boring, not sure what else they could have called it that conveyed it was the same maze, but a little different haha.

IMO, Trick or Treat's updated "lights out" version was awesome. It took a maze that was getting tired and breathed new life into it. The explore-the-haunted-house thing is never not a cool idea and the flashlight's tech kept it unique.

I always liked Trick or Treat anyway because it felt very traditionally Halloween and that overlay only added to it for me.

The Red Barn II name just sounds like a play on horror movies to me.
Trick or Treat lights out was dope, but it just sounds like a Hellraiser sequel. Hellraiser xiv: LIGHTS OUT

I wonder how (forgot his name) will react when people boo at the red barn gunslinger crossover lol. Still baffles me why they made the decision. I mean I get budget is a thing but there were still better options.