Knott's Berry Farm | Inside Universal Forums
  • As the Coronavirus pandemic continues to impact everywhere, we understand our users will have a lot of questions about how it affects the theme parks. We are entering unprecedented waters, and honestly, the answer is either "yea, probably", or "Too early to tell". We just don't know specifics until the theme parks give us an answer. At this time, we're asking to please leave the COVID talk to the appropriate COVID threads, and if something officially and specifically is impacted by a closure, then we can discuss it further in the respective threads. Thank you!

Knott's Berry Farm

deadbydawn

Rookie
Mar 23, 2015
Shultz Theater is being redone into Art Deco!

View attachment 12303

Looks like they’re trying to bring back the “Roaring 20’s” vibe along with Bear-y Tales. I like this. Now if they could just bring back the sign (Though it would have to be a replica).
Great news! That will be a much welcomed change. I'm very much looking forward to see what changes Knott's makes!

deadbydawn

Rookie
Mar 23, 2015
The new sign is up! I'd expect some lighting tests soon. Very cool!

Here is the original neon "K" alongside the new LED one for reference.

Rideguy70

Feb 17, 2016
Los Angeles
Any word on if the old sign will be put on display somewhere? It could be kinda cool either at the Marketplace, or maybe near the entrance to Soak City. Just hope it's preserved in some way.

deadbydawn

Rookie
Mar 23, 2015
Any word on if the old sign will be put on display somewhere? It could be kinda cool either at the Marketplace, or maybe near the entrance to Soak City. Just hope it's preserved in some way.
I haven't heard anything. Knott's may keep it somewhere for now, but I doubt it will be displayed. It might be held onto and sold during another auction or something.

deadbydawn

Rookie
Mar 23, 2015
Surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but the Schulz Theatre now has a new digital color marquee with more progress done on the exterior. Looking pretty good.

Wow! That paired with the art deco work they did is outstanding. They are putting in a lot of love in the old Roarin' 20's area! Very excited to see it all complete.